• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My big MOUTH...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My big MOUTH...

Since some people think I should get on boards....here are some of the ideas I would promote....for those that are lacking the brain power to think....maybe they will resign over their incompetence...not sure they will .... they remind me of the Ralph Goodale types....

Ideas......

1. Its time to start replicating the US farm programs.
    2. Its time for grain companies to report sales past present and future...
    3. Time for railways to report there efforts publicly
    4. Time for performance based freight rates...Its a good time for railways to increase their capacity not when they have a record crop...
    5. Maybe farm groups could make more press releases every time another industry gets an immediate handout for trade issues....as an example Pulses are running into third year ...steel and aluminum tariffs are not that old ....2 billion to the steel industry...

6. Maybe we should hire some supply management CEOs to get the same 4 billion
    7. Since the taxpayer is now on the hook for house mortgages.... maybe we could help some young guys out as well to rejuvenate the industry....seeing as how investors can use land purchases as RRSP deductible
    8. Time to review our contribution to carbon with a program that pays us for our no till efforts...should be administered through crop insurance that has our seeding records....retroactively....they could have made a payment to cover off the existing issues in western Canada...

9. Most important ..if the province can find 40 bucks an acre for 5 years for irrigation districts after they handed the infrastructure over for nothing but to guarantee them a crop....maybe dryland farmers should have the same support once in awhile...

These are starting points for others to implement ...I have lost my filter ...the dumb****led farmer..tm...
    Last edited by bucket; Jun 24, 2019, 15:14.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Since some people think I should get on boards....here are some of the ideas I would promote....for those that are lacking the brain power to think....maybe they will resign over their incompetence...not sure they will .... they remind me of the Ralph Goodale types....

Ideas......

4. Time for performance based freight rates...Its a good time for railways to increase their capacity not when they have a record crop...
    5. Maybe farm groups could make more press releases every time another industry gets an immediate handout for trade issues....as an example Pulses are running into third year ...steel and aluminum tariffs are not that old ....2 billion to the steel industry...

7. Since the taxpayer is now on the hook for house mortgages.... maybe we could help some young guys out as well to rejuvenate the industry....seeing as how investors can use land purchases as RRSP deductible
    8. Time to review our contribution to carbon with a program that pays us for our no till efforts...should be administered through crop insurance that has our seeding records....retroactively....they could have made a payment to cover off the existing issues in western Canada...

9. Most important ..if the province can find 40 bucks an acre for 5 years for irrigation districts after they handed the infrastructure over for nothing but to guarantee them a crop....maybe dryland farmers should have the same support once in awhile...

These are starting points for others to implement ...I have lost my filter ...the dumb****led farmer..tm...
    Yep not very hard at all to do better than what’s happenning currently. Kissing government ass is just not cutting it. Not explaining the real issues us farmers are facing is one of the biggest problems and shouldn’t be. If we wanted to hear what the government says we can just ask them we don’t need someone repeating the government garbage over and over.

Comment

You guys mean those in Alberta from a certain group that now have the Alberta Ag Minister in their back pocket?

An apprentice of Yerry Ritz.....they will do so well in the free market .....oops the special group wonders if the free market exists.....sounds like some new programs to be worked out...

Comment

There's yet to be a farm support program that didn't involve a 1000 new employees which are paid a 100k/yr with full pension. **** it. Let's try it 1800s style with no govt programs. Today we are closer to no support then full support. Who killed the crow?

Comment

Ideas......

I give you strong credit because you have made an effort to contemplate and voice solutions to existing problems in agriculture.
          I use most of my ag thoughts for criticism without forward thoughts to a solution. Good on you Bucket. I appreciate it.

Comment

And others criticize him for pointing out the hard stuff and some obvious facts for comparison sake.

Not afraid to say it like it is either.

Calls bullshit when he sees it!

Expects accountability.

Not politician material, not wishy washy enough, doesn't suck phallus for personal gain.

Says things alot of other people are probably thinking but don't have the courage to say.

Comment

Couldnt agree more
              The way our spineless politicians should be

Comment

Yup....we are farmers not rocket scientists. ....the problem today is that our farm reps fail to understand we are competing against the treasuries of other countries who are happy to have farmers that still use hoes to farm and are well supported. ....

The models for farm support are readily available to review ...in other countries...we as a country fail to embrace agriculture as an economic driver unless you are using the previous generations money in a lot of cases....who were better supported as well....

Name me a third fourth or fifth generation farm that didn't receive government support in one form or another?

And the ****ing dummies that got me thinking about starting this thread are too stupid to understand that their dads and grandpas and great grandfathers receive help in tough times. ....

They think it's noble to use farm equity of previous generations to go up against another country's treasury.....I don't. ...

When people say to me get involved....my response now is ....are you resigning?????

Look at the incompetence of saskpulse. ..trying to find new markets... that's what they were suppose to be doing for years with our checkoff money. ...now the canola council is using the exact same lines and strategy....it's about time people are held to account when they use our money and accomplish nothing....

Worse yet is people asking for your vote when they gutted farm programs during good times when they should have been preparing for the eventual down turn out of farmers control like trade issues...

Farms had just started to get caught back up...and now either a drought or trade is going to kick the shit out of guys again....

Comment

You guys mean those in Alberta from a certain group that now have the Alberta Ag Minister in their back pocket?
                  Care to elaborate on that? I'm not sure what you're alluding to.

Comment

Farmaholic you are the most politically correct and well mannered chap on here, i tip my lid.

Guessing you guys have heard that last term.

Hopefully not to many will have to google "phallus " and sarcasm intended with that comment.

Sound so much more exotic the way you expressed it farma, errrr think im off topic here

Comment

Keep posting and telling it like it is. We need more farmers to speak up against bullshit. I am so tired of Boards that have the same recycled guys on them. They move from board to board. All they are doing is collecting a check and maybe a trip to discuss trade with Trudeau in Japan etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                        Care to elaborate on that? I'm not sure what you're alluding to.
                        Sure I can connect the dots....

Devin Dreeshen is the Ag minister for Alberta ....he used to work for Yerry Ritz....he was a member of the WCWGA who probably gave the ideas to gut farm programs thinking the strategy would help get rid of weaker farmers.....Instead they helped weaken the entire industry...and their actions and policies are still affecting ag today...Dreeshen gets his marching orders from the WCWGA and when Scheer gets in he (and by association will have contacts again in Ottawa) will have input into an industry they ****ed up although they won't admit it....

none of my ideas above haven't been told to someone in government over the last decade...they choose not to implement them and their masters lack the understanding that you have to look forward..there will be guys that learn some hard lessons this year and if people think my ideas are insane wait till the real whining begins from the guys that lost 50k on canola or hasn't received 4.5 inches of rain in two years ( which is a form of whining in itself that has started)......

Here is how it works while canola farmers have lost the most money ...the graincos are getting the most help dealing with the issue...the very sponsors of the WCWGA are getting more than the primary producer...and not one dime of the latest 150 million announced will see a primary producer's pocket....but it was hailed as helping producers....thats the type of vision producers see as representation...not one farm group could see how it helped the primary producers and they said nothing.....

So there is a second generation politician that is more than happy to listen to a group paid off by their sponsors...Think the Dresden farm is hurting living on taxpayer money with two taxpayer salaries coming home ?????...

Do you think the Boyd farm was hurting with the scam he pulled off...the ****ing auditor of saskatchewan couldn't and wouldn't look at where the money went in the GTH scandal....it paid off the Boyd farm debt for **** sakes so he left with a handsome pension from the taxpayers and a paid off farm...never gave a shit about farmers and neither do the politicians that say they do....

I don't have to worry about politicians ever calling me about my comments or ideas....some never returned calls when in Ottawa working for Ritz....they do individual checks on people to see if they support the nonsense...

Its like Goodale's office...he makes an announcement that agrirecovery may be implemented soon...no sense in ever finding out what "soon" means...because he and his staff don't give a shit...

Politicians are all the same...Ritz and Goodale...not much different at the end of the day...

Comment

Idea number 10...vessel reports vessel reports vessel reports from all ports should be public....it's an indicator ....

11...weekly report of the port prices....they do it in the states...

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement a reporting system similar to the US when most companies already know how it's done....yerry and WCWGA never understood that "no brainer" detail. .....to this day I can't believe that wasn't the first thing implemented in August 2012....they just forgot to do it....they never even thought about it then or since....

And today I read that china and the Ukraine are dealing on pulses....saskpulse and pulse Canada gave the market away the same way the flax councils did years ago....we will lose the flax market to China next....it's coming...Farm group incompetence....saskpulse wouldn't ask for help and get in front of government....these are the results of incompetence in farm groups leadership...or lack thereof....and government ignorance.....

Comment

AGT received 110 million with no performance guarantee that he would push for a 300000 tonne shipping program through Churchill. ...nope just money for Fairfax and the other shareholders.....nothing to the primary producer that makes the line viable....

You have to take the blinders off...

Comment

I can't disagree with any of your ideas Bucket, but would like to add a revamped revenue based crop insurance program. The federal government is floating around the idea of a minimum income level why should we not be able to insure for a minimum income. You are absolutely correct when you say we as producers are using our own equity against the coffers of other countries, and unless you have better equity than me it is a losing battle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.