• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the Rain Games Begin.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gorgeous inch point three.

Comment

......still no measurable rain. Our weather station is capable of measuring in .01 of an inch increments.

Quite disappointed, even with my low expectation, it is what it is, attitude.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 15, 2019, 06:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        A gorgeous inch point three.
        LOL, you know it's dry when.....Sheepwheat is thankful it rained!

Comment

skunked

Comment

The evolution of weather(precipitation) forecasting.

I don't think we are any further ahead than we were decades ago. Tracking systems should have improved with satellite imagery, watching radar were precipitation is developing and falling is nice but they are still guessing where and how much precipitation will fall when they make predictions even just days ahead of when things are SUPPOSED to happen.

What's an acceptable margin of error? Not that anyone is accountable anyway.

It was almost laughable when CTV weather was forecasting about 52mm in and around Regina last night. Good thing I don't put much stock in forecasts, but we did spread on our left over fertilizer from seeding "thinking" SURELY we will get "some" rain. I guess it "could" have happened!

Does "over confident" weather forecasting grind your gears?

Yes, I'm disappointed. Even if I didn't listen to any over zealous forecasting, I can see what's happening with my own eyes...boots on the ground, ears...talking to friends from afar and near, eye(satellite) in the sky, radar imagery.

Ignorance was bliss!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...