• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your AV name come from?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last name is Irish so I've always been fairly interested in Gaelic. But most Gaelic words are scary to look at let alone pronounce! But I stumbled upon Blaithin which wasn't too intimidating to look at and it means "little flower" which I thought was cute. And a bit more interesting than just calling myself the Gaelic word for cow - which could have multiple backfire issues.

So over the years and various Internet forums I've caried Blaithin along with me and conveniently rarely ever run into it already being in use! Rather inconveniently, but not surprisingly, it isn't actually pronounced anything like its spelled though. So I guess I have a completely made up Canadian pronounced name!

Comment

Not very original but I like to do the tillage, lots of time to think.

The buckethead story is priceless. LOL

Comment

When we first got internet, wanted one email addy without my name.
        Was fiddling with a 45-70 at the time loading it with blackpowder. Also was into cap and ball revolvers. Led to a Sharps 45-110 replica etc. (They breed).
        I only use it on internet. But fits. My earlier career was filled with diesel soot and dust.
        My school names would not be appropriate.

Comment

Great story Blackpowder. Always pictured you as a front loader not a BPCR guy. It's a wonder you didn't pick Quigley as a name although his Sharps was a 45-90.

Comment

Mine is pretty boring. Parts of first and last name. I joined in 2002 and after I saw some of the creative names you all were using I wanted to change mine but never have. I have enjoyed reading how you all have come by your names.

Comment

Tractor I own.

At the time I joined there already was a WD9 and Farmall so figured I'd add another tractor.

Comment

Well there was this girl. She had introduced me to agriville. I was in love with her. But we lived far apart. For some reason we were not talking much right then. I wanted to post something here and wanted her to know it was me. We had recently been discussing the book 'Nudge' by Richard Thaler. So I chose that. And by the way she is now my wife and there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't amaze me.

Comment

Just your back to basics farmer.
                  I always remembered a neighbour's comment made when lamenting having to deal with CAIS or NISA
                  "Why can't we just farm?"
                  That's what I try to do...just farm

Comment

Originally posted by Nudge View Post
                    Well there was this girl. She had introduced me to agriville. I was in love with her. But we lived far apart. For some reason we were not talking much right then. I wanted to post something here and wanted her to know it was me. We had recently been discussing the book 'Nudge' by Richard Thaler. So I chose that. And by the way she is now my wife and there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't amaze me.
                    Aw you can't make up stuff sweeter than that.

Good for you! A great behind the name story.

Comment

Needed an email handle and liked ColdCanuck, but it was already used and so was ColdCanuck1 up to ColdCanuck10, so I changed the spelling around and stuck.

Comment

Once was a victim of internet theft and needed to change handles.

First thing needed was new pen names all around and any real Sherlock Holmes could figure out the rest. Such detectives might find a couple of traps that would lead to wrong conclusions...but really the objective always has been to provoke some thoughts among those who firmly believe only that which confirms what they already know.

Short story long...so far as I know...no one has yet tried to hijack a pen name that could be expanded into one of f'ers..
                        Last edited by oneoff; Nov 8, 2016, 01:05.

Comment

Mine is kinda boring now, should have came up with a better story, I guess. On some other reddit or something I saw pretty good names like Cow Paddy and some off-colour ones like one starting with Master and Buster.

Comment

Breadwinner, I picked that because my wife has a better paying job than me. She is actually the breadwinner in our house. I guess I hoped to catch up to her someday.

Comment

Mine is an attempt at a cool email/user name when I was in my early 20's. Say "the farmer" like Inspector Clouseau in Pink Panther. 😉
                              Last edited by zeefarmer; Nov 8, 2016, 08:24.

Comment

Mine is my name.
                                Simply to keep what i post respectful. (I try I really do)
                                I couldn't trust myself if i posted anonymously.
                                This way i don't get posters remorse.
                                But mostly no imagination.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.