• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Pea Saga

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Pea Saga

Johnston's Grain Marketing is quoting bids and trades of $7.25 yellow peas for SE Sask....

1-800-324-7778

caseih...you by?
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 5, 2017, 07:41.

Well work the numbers back from 16 bucks. Hahaha and then you ll find that yellow peas should never have been where they were prior to the 50% tax.

And and and there is so much more going on between the middlemen and the end men it should all be independently looked at.

Marketing transparency does not exist.

Comment

16 bucks seems like a bit of a stretch. Organics?

Comment

Nope that's what peas are worth in India. .....prices domestically in India ran up after the tax .....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Johnston's Grain Marketing is quoting bids and trades of $7.25 yellow peas for SE Sask....

1-800-324-7778

caseih...you by?
          yea , thanks . we did sell one load for $6.30 picked up
          anytime I tried johnston , freight was crazy , but I will give them a call

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            yea , thanks . we did sell one load for $6.30 picked up
            anytime I tried johnston , freight was crazy , but I will give them a call
            Scoular in your corner????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Nope that's what peas are worth in India. .....prices domestically in India ran up after the tax .....
              Would they be 16$ without the import duty?

Tighten supply....

another one of those open market moves?

Comment

16 bucks is what they are willing to pay!!!!!!!!!!! 60 pounds in a bushel you can eat quite while on 60 pounds compared to other foods.

But ya they are so over supplied!!!!
                Hahaha what fools we are.

Comment

Just let the hunger unrest settle in and deepen for a while in India ...

If they don't come back for peas before seeding it becomes a long wait for September 2019.....

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                    16 bucks is what they are willing to pay!!!!!!!!!!! 60 pounds in a bushel you can eat quite while on 60 pounds compared to other foods.

But ya they are so over supplied!!!!
                    Hahaha what fools we are.
                    ....."willing to pay" or grudgingly paying?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

If there was over supply would it be 16 bucks? Although it usually is about what price normally?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Would they be 16$ without the import duty?

Tighten supply....

another one of those open market moves?
                        Prior to import duty peas where about USD $280 CNF India. If you want to do CAD price per bushel it was $9.60/bushel. But Russia was the seller anyway, we were not moving much into the market. Of course you have to take off ocean frt and rail frt and handling on prairies and port. Ocean insurance and LCs come out of that as well.

The yellow pea market will stumble along until any shorts are covered both here and China and it likely gets really weak. We are at $6.75 delivered to Lajord. Can't make the $7.25 fob farm work today on new sales. Need to recognize that not all prices out there in these crops are for new sales. Take advantage of these prices as i have said for the last 4 months, we will have massive carryouts of peas and lentils this year in canada and we need massive reductions in acreage to turn this thing around.

Comment

Sell sell sell to Someone now because they have the real deals made in the future to make the real money. Hahahah everybody please sell!!!!!

Comment

And 16 bucks represents a 25% increase in price. Last time I checked my math that means prices definitely weren't 9 bucks over there.

Comment

A while ago a special crops handler threw out a bid of a little over $6....trying to capitalize on the market panic and fear. That appeared like theivery to me. Prices have "rebounded" a bit and like Dave said....when commitments are filled prices may fall back again.

I hate making excuses for GrainCos....but if they don't have a home for them or can't make sales......how else are they supposed to send the message. I personally prefer "no bid" than insulting me with bargain basement blow out prices!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.