• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanium wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titanium wheat

finished the titanium wheat, px averaged 14.5 on the lot of it , most was 14.5-14.9. yielded fairly well . most px around here is 11 and under. one small field was 13.5 to bring average down . one co around here upped their px premium to $.50 /point . wonder how high it'll go ?

That wheat has caught my eye. But seem to not be able to get the yield like AC Brandon.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	#1 14.5 price and protein spread Sep 12 17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	765996

How high? It's headed in the right direction. Good if you have high protein.

Very bad if you have low protein.

Comment

I was going to expand Titanium for our own seed but chose Jatharia instead.

Titanium is rated poor for lodging and sprouting and moderately resistance for fusarium.

Jatharia is rated fair for lodging and good for sprouting and intermediate resistance for fusarium.

I think there could be a straw problem with Jatharia. As dry as it was here in the low spots on a good quarter it seemed much taller than it needed to be! 16 cm taller than the check Carberry. Titanium is 11 cm taller than the check. Of course none of it was lodged because there was basically no rain with strong winds while heading and filling.

Regarding the protein dilemma: I did everything the same as last year and grew 61 bpa with about 14 and up px. This year 13 to 13.7... as dry as it was I was expecting 15+. My theory, we seed using a drill with midrow banders. I think the wheat possibly reached the midrow band but had to keep rooting down past the midrow to find moisture, therefore stranding some of the nitrogen in the upper topsoil layer in dry soil. There was definitely enough applied at seeding for better protein levels with the yields we achieved this year.

Comment

Caseih. What did you put for N.
          We did 80 lbs ours is 11.8 pro tien. Tought it would lodge.
          It stood vg..better than out test of utmost..excellent. goes through like bly when testing dry..
          Going to try some Hughes next yr..shorter straw.
          Titanium was 2 to 3 days earlier than our utmost.tested 1 point drier when combining.

Comment

What is holding western Canadian growers back from using growth regulators?
            Europe common practice.
            - shorter straw
            - higher yields
            - better protein

Comment

No variety that is good, very good or excellent in all traits, guess GMO could but NOBODY WANTS IT. Then only one variety would fit everyone?

Comment

We use them lots. Didn't on organic wheat.... Wow is it tall. What a waste

Comment

We chose the shorter varieties for the last point Klause made . Growing straw is a waste of nutrient I believe as well .

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Caseih. What did you put for N.
                    We did 80 lbs ours is 11.8 pro tien. Tought it would lodge.
                    It stood vg..better than out test of utmost..excellent. goes through like bly when testing dry..
                    Going to try some Hughes next yr..shorter straw.
                    Titanium was 2 to 3 days earlier than our utmost.tested 1 point drier when combining.
                    70-30-8-8 double shoot beside seed . Seem to get better mileage outts N when double shooting .coulda used more N , stood good . That new hughes variety sounds good for next year . Should of priced some for $9.15 for dec at dreyfus . Woulda been at least $10 with px . Thats $600-650 /ac for the wheat haters out there

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      70-30-8-8 double shoot beside seed . Seem to get better mileage outts N when double shooting .coulda used more N , stood good . That new hughes variety sounds good for next year . Should of priced some for $9.15 for dec at dreyfus . Woulda been at least $10 with px . Thats $600-650 /ac for the wheat haters out there
                      You say should of? I take it you didn't what does it look like now?

Comment

Wht looks the same as all crops.prices are insulting to all farmers.
                        Copeland bly at 3.96..for malt??

Comment

Wonder who to blame now? Grn Co's used to blame CWB. So we got rid of that now what, farmers fault for not pricing before?
                          What about movement used to be CWB and RR fault now what lots of cars sitting with no tenders.

Comment

Well sure. Why should they pay because you have to sell no matter what to the same group of buyers every year. They can wait you out. Look at the money that will be made off of 1 bushel of Copeland malt barley you sell for 3.96, and you took all the risk and did all the financial and labour heavy lifting.

What a ****ing joke.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                              Well sure. Why should they pay because you have to sell no matter what to the same group of buyers every year. They can wait you out. Look at the money that will be made off of 1 bushel of Copeland malt barley you sell for 3.96, and you took all the risk and did all the financial and labour heavy lifting.

What a ****ing joke.
                              I wonder how many Producers are thinking what sk is saying.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.