• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie brothers land rent auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SK wheatking

That start it up, lift the hoist, back it up etc etc is on its death bed. Kramer's out

That show is to slow for Iceman. I feel the need for speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
      SK wheatking

That start it up, lift the hoist, back it up etc etc is on its death bed. Kramer's out

That show is to slow for Iceman. I feel the need for speed
      LOL😂😂😂

Comment

Send them my way....2500 owned paid for acres @ $150/acre/year for 3 years is 1.125 million.....pay the property and income tax.....I might just sit on my balls for three years.

Something seems fishy here....either my math is bad, or don't like excessive risk, or farming where I do--in the slum of the Ghetto has tainted my perception of reality that others seem to enjoy! What happens if something goes bad? What if the lease has rotational limitations or the land has cropping limitations (no lentils, chickpeas).

Too rich for my peasant blood!

Someone called it mediocre land, whats the "good" stuff rent for?

At that rate what is the ROI to the land owner at the current value of the land?

Comment

......someone trying to "buy their way into the purchase of the land"?

$2000/acre value at $150/acre rent= 7.5% ROI

Maybe Input Capital can stream the tennants some cash against their equity....lol

Comment

After the bell tomorrow we find out how many more farmers signed up acres farmaholic.

No Sk wheatking I'm not talking about the dinner bell and frankly I don't care which side of room the women sit vs the men.

Iceman out

Comment

Too funny iceman. Have the same folk here and they pay ridiculous prices just so there bretheren don't scoop them after church.

Comment

Iceman.... they were up 3.35% today. "Business" must be good!

Comment

ok my comment about it being cheap
                  i guess i misread or misunderstood, that it was 50$/acre/ year.
                  149 a year is a lot

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Iceman.... they were up 3.35% today. "Business" must be good!
                    Don't read too much into the usual per quarter run up. It's a lot like a "dime" coming up to talk to you only to find out later she wants to sell you a timeshare. Looks good but always seems to leave you going home alone with hat in hand. No pun intended.

It's in a rut and needs a big event to move it. The sign up number could do it. But they always pre sell early so of course they would've missed the latest run up. What about a bunch of their canola sitting in bags very tough? The empty suits in Toronto won't clue into this so maybe there is a short term trade here. Then we will have another round of farm foreclosures happening in one of these quarters

Iceman out but still in
                    Last edited by iceman; Dec 6, 2016, 23:36.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      ok my comment about it being cheap
                      i guess i misread or misunderstood, that it was 50$/acre/ year.
                      149 a year is a lot
                      Ya shit don't make sense anymore!

Any of it!

Iceman out

Comment

Odd....I am betting that the buyer did not realize it was being sold per year. Seems priced about right for the 3yrs.

There is nobody getting 7% return on farmland cash rent that I know of in Sask.

Comment

oh they know how much their paying. you can bet on it. eliminate the competition. short term pain for long term gain. then boom rent for taxes.

Comment

This thread is no different than "coffee shop gossip". First of all, I am still having a hard time beleiving someone would pat $150/acre/year. Secondly, my ROI comment is based on pure assumption---I have no idea what that land is worth.

Maybe I need to make a call to the RB Auction territory manager/rep for that area to clear things up.

Interesting none-the-less.

Comment

Binthere is correct it has become an obsession in many areas, economics has long become a side bar.
                              Same with purchasing land in some cases. In others it's just sad to see how manipulative they can be, especially with old people.

Comment

That seems high in our area to the south it is up to 100 plus. But then their is a huge parcel that no one is willing to take for that kind of money just south and West of me for that kind of cash.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.