• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals to spend $100B after posting record $381B deficit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberals to spend $100B after posting record $381B deficit

And there is your great reset, cash thrown right into a giant hole.

I have a hard short on Canada. I will bet against Trudeau all day long. Converted more CAD to USD today.

edit in; Not a dime for our primary industries, but childcare? Well who the F is going to afford to have kids after this is done?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freeland-fiscal-update-pandemic-spending-1.5819449 Liberals to spend $100B to jolt post-pandemic economy after posting record $381B deficit

The short-term stimulus package is valued at $70 billion to $100 billion over roughly three years. The government says the stimulus spending — intended to build a greener, more inclusive, more innovative and competitive economy — will launch after a vaccine is distributed and life begins to return to normal.

In the meantime, the government plans to make investments that will serve as what it calls a down-payment on "transformative initiatives," such as Canada-wide early learning and child care, job training and green initiatives.
    Last edited by jazz; Nov 30, 2020, 18:13.

The budget will balance itself, no worries

Comment

(I’ve been waiting to use that pic all day. I knew Jazz couldn’t help himself when it came to posting about the budget!)

Comment

This bunch is totally brain dead! Canada is flushed down the sh*tter! They never took "math' in school?
        Who did we borrow these BILLIONS from? At what %? How in F*CK are we ever paying this back?
        All the questions NOT a single media hack would ask!

And China is just laughing at all of us losers..."We still have 4,000 dead, right? But if 4,000 die versus 220,000 in the United States, we haven't really lost a single person, have we? We're close to zero infections and zero deaths. If 4,000 people out of 1.4 billion die, that's the same as no one getting sick and no one dying."

http://https://www.theblaze.com/news/chinese-sociologist-drive-us-to-its-death?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202020-11-30&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM http://https://www.theblaze.com/news/chinese-sociologist-drive-us-to-its-death?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202020-11-30&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

Still deny THEY planned the destruction of the rest of the planet?
        Last edited by fjlip; Nov 30, 2020, 18:26.

Comment

Did I read this right? Canadas debt growing by almost a billion a day? OMFG

Click image for larger version

Name:	dclock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	770474

Comment

$11,574 per second...thank a Lieberal for destroying your country/life/world.

Comment

Provinces;

BC - $73B
              AB - $77B
              SK - $12B
              MB - $26B
              ON - $363B
              QB - $191B
              MT - $44B

Consumer; $800B
              Mortgages; $1.5T
              Corporate; $2.7T

All the chickens in the world cant make this disaster go away.

Comment

Our finance minister's #1 qualification is she will bob her head to whatever pops into that economics wizard Justins head as they share a big fat doobie.
                Nothing to worry about.
                They have it all figured out.***

Comment

I must admit, your doomsdaying is quite refreshing and stimulating. Very original!

Comment

Nothing to worry about.
                    Be Happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                      I must admit, your doomsdaying is quite refreshing and stimulating. Very original!
                      You caught me on an up day.

Now I am self medicating after Trudeaus announcement. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        You caught me on an up day.

Now I am self medicating after Trudeaus announcement. Unbelievable.
                        I could save you the work.

As soon as I heard about the deficit I knew you’d have to post about it and the sky falling. Really, your post is redundant because I’m sure everyone here knows exactly how you feel about it and could almost write your post for you.

But if it’s a form of catharsis for you then carry on. Bottling things up never helped anyone!

Maybe get some chickens. They’re also soothing and cathartic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          I could save you the work.

As soon as I heard about the deficit I knew you’d have to post about it and the sky falling. Really, your post is redundant because I’m sure everyone here knows exactly how you feel about it and could almost write your post for you.

But if it’s a form of catharsis for you then carry on. Bottling things up never helped anyone!

Maybe get some chickens. They’re also soothing and cathartic.
                          Ignoring reality isnt helpful blaithin, we are in for a world of hurt here and it will touch all of us, even the unborn.

Canada does not have the capacity to service this debt without all of our main industries cranking on all cylinders, period. Thats the reality. We are not Japan or Germany, nor are we the US.

It took more than a decade to crawl out from under PET. Ask your parents about that one.

I would love to put a happy spin on it, but there is no way to sugarcoat it.

Comment

Who’s putting a happy spin on it?

I’m just not reenacting chicken little.

Some people are more prone to stress and panic than me. I know that. I have a pragmatic personality, but not generally a worrisome one.

I can always eat my chickens.

Comment

Problem is majority of people have no idea what a $400 Billion deficit means....

What does that work out to? 50% GST to balance the budget?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...