• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is APAS representing secondary industries at committee????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Tool Lewis was talking about a better transportation system.....I thought they were doing this since the events of 2013....same shit going on today...40 vessels out at the west coast ...but it doesnt matter because they are doing the best they can until the winter weather hits...

No one correlates the fact with good weather they are still not keeping up to the production and export demands ...

Walk into an elevator to deliver and they say they are working on October and November contracts....JFC....its been years to get this shit figured out how to move a 75 mmt crop....

And then to have guys sit there in front of the ag committee and say the same phucking things they did 8 years ago about transportation....and lobby for them????????
    Cargil was bring in dec contracts in early nov to fill the nov train. Makes me think they will be short for dec. they are pricing out for feb. they are tryn to make it look like there is only so much they will buy at a certain price.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
      Cargil was bring in dec contracts in early nov to fill the nov train. Makes me think they will be short for dec. they are pricing out for feb. they are tryn to make it look like there is only so much they will buy at a certain price.
      And yet we are hearing complaints from farmer orgs that the Railways are way behind on shipments. Something doesn't add up. AG transportation Coalition says CN is behind at least.

Comment

To date there should be zero excuses for being behind ...from railways or grain cos other than their own lack of planning...or lack of infrastructure upgrades..

If 2013 happens again are farmers going to pick up the bill again?

Comment

To date there should be zero excuses for being behind ...from railways or grain cos other than their own lack of planning...or lack of infrastructure upgrades..

If 2013 happens again are farmers going to pick up the bill again?
          That is why I don't understand is the RR really behind or is the whole system of reporting screwed up to make the other guy look bad?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
            That is why I don't understand is the RR really behind or is the whole system of reporting screwed up to make the other guy look bad?
            Don't matter....we all know who eventually gets the bill?

Comment

Don't matter....we all know who eventually gets the bill?
              Exactly but the whole reporting thing is nuts farmers have so many orgs and boards all reporting the same sets of numbers all getting paid many of them are the same guys on every or many orgs and boards.

Comment

The federal government just made a SM announcement to an industry that has a formula that allows for indexing of costs to milk production....its the backbone of agriculture is what Bibeau said...

Maybe farm groups are not listening to what is said or are too stupid to respond to that insult?

Look at how quick programs were put in place for the pandemic issues...federally they have spent 400 billion to help out joe six pack....

Farmers cant get a matching response to what the American government has done for their farmers in the form of direct payment in the last 5 years....

So is anyone really paying attention when our prices are set from a distorted market in the states????

The other problem is that farmers can't just go an off farm job in the current situation to help offset losses as there are no jobs...

If you are farmer that left 50 percent of his crop out in 2019...which agristabilty counts as inventory...there is no help for 2020 because you have moved your income to another year...

Tell your kids that if BSE hits or you leave a crop out ....there won't be help....ask them if they want to risk 25 years of working for that eventual outcome.....

It won't bring young people to that industry when they can go work and have the government more than willing to pay them to sit on their ass...

Ok I get it, but the chance of grain farmer's get a direct payment are between slim and none. I know some ND farmers who got pretty nice checks for China soybean issues, it will never happen here for canola.
                I think there is a chance that the feds will look to get out of crop insurance and tell us to buy it from private guys like we have insurance for our buildings and other assets. What would the premium look like then?
                Just like in the US the left has left the rural areas, they don't need it to be in power. With Canada one of the last countries with supply management I don't expect supply management to be around in a few years but those guys for sure will get payments to "help" them. Is it fair for others in ag ? I think not but being the majority are in Ont and Que its gonna happen.

Comment

The adhoc payments will happen when dealerships can no longer afford to sell 30 new combines to one guy every year....

Then its just a matter of time before things get straightened out...I might be long retired but the grow more make less program can't go on forever...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...