• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprouted Grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprouted Grain

Dont sell it for feed next time.

Unless you dont mind Weston making bread out of it at double the price.

https://www.self.com/story/sprouted-grains-nutrition-digestion Are Sprouted Grains Actually Healthier?

Originally posted by jazz View Post

https://www.self.com/story/sprouted-grains-nutrition-digestion Are Sprouted Grains Actually Healthier?
    Difference is they want even sprouting like malt barley. Not one with a 3 inch long sprout and next kernel not started yet kinda thing. Uniformity is the key!

Comment

I’ve seen CWRS for sale in Peavey Mart for sprouts. Was a tiny bag, like 1kg, for some stupid price. $7 or $8 maybe. I’ll have to look and see if it’s still there next time.

Comment

Or getting charged dockage for cracked peas when they go to the flour or split pea market. Lol

Comment

New swather sales campaign.

"Don't sell the swather"

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Or getting charged dockage for cracked peas when they go to the flour or split pea market. Lol
            That one I understand except for the way splits are assessed most times. You are allowed a 3% splits in a #2 but often they take all out, I've even seen splits picked from clean portion and assessed as dockage. Mind you everyone pays you something for splits in dockage.

Comment

I’ve never seen anyone downgraded for splits.

But then I don’t see the cheques either.

Comment

Been as high as 7%
                Never downgraded
                Splits paid to me at 1/2 value

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  I asked about that one
                  They lose splits when cleaning peas
                  Makes sense

Comment

Im here to tell you that my wheat lost its sprouts at its birthday party in the bin
                    But alas it got fuz in the bin
                    Tweety is right

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      I asked about that one
                      They lose splits when cleaning peas
                      Makes sense
                      If you lose a half a pea when cleaning your likely wanting to lose it unless buckwheat is on steroids. Nonetheless had it to regarded as dockage not paid for and sometimes yes paid as feed as all the dockage should be that’s what they do with it if not mixing it in with other grains up to the allowable cgc standards.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.