• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 weeks industry standard to wait for a cheque?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
    you know as good as I do cost of freight is always on us! $60/mt rail freight + $20?? ocean etc costs add up to get it to a processor overseas for the line companies. If its processed on site the freight costs are zero (end user pays for product out)... Line companies model isnt built for specialty crops
    So it still begs the question. ...why do they not have the ability to pay at scale?

Isn't that what the CGC bonds are for to ensure?

Comment

One would think the GrainCos have higher cost of operating, in general, than a crusher.

They have the inland terminals - cost of upkeep, cost of running, plus staffing; then they have the ports - all the same stuff; then they have demurrage costs that can build up, fines, products that don’t meet sale specs, etc.

Why wouldn’t they try to get the product cheaper whenever they can to help offset their outflow.

A crusher in comparison generally only has a handful of locations to support and very little logistically that could screw them over.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
        you know as good as I do cost of freight is always on us! $60/mt rail freight + $20?? ocean etc costs add up to get it to a processor overseas for the line companies. If its processed on site the freight costs are zero (end user pays for product out)... Line companies model isnt built for specialty crops
        How many times does the purchase at rhe inland terminal go to a processor? Oh wait we don’t know because there is no reporting as such.
        Kinda like feed barley bought that ends up malt in China? It was malt when it was bought

Freight should have no bearing on price difference other than rhe screenings stay here.
        It all gets shipped out and the same people pay the freight

Comment

they do it because they can
          tweety has it right

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            tweety has it right
            Did we just right here witness the fulfillment of the proverbial crystallization of the surface of a vast sea of boiling brimstone?

Comment

They do it because they can because people keep selling to them. Plain and simple. Don't like the terms, let them starve and change them. But no one has ever really let them starve until notification comes that they're in receivership like the latest pulse company in the last month.

Comment

It is a crazy issue. Big wheel. I don’t know your location, but Bornhorst in st. Gregor buys canary and pays on the spot. I don’t know their prices right now.

I have dealt with some who have a 60 day pay period. They always paid, but it is so utterly insane...

Comment

tweety has it right
                  It is against the ACT to not get an elevator receipt or cash cheque when you leave the elevator scale. If that is not being enforced it is the CGC's fault and they should be taken to task. The only time you can dispute grade, dockage, moisture, weight etc is at the time of unload how can you do that when you can't watch it being done or get results for days?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    It is a crazy issue. Big wheel. I don’t know your location, but Bornhorst in st. Gregor buys canary and pays on the spot. I don’t know their prices right now.

I have dealt with some who have a 60 day pay period. They always paid, but it is so utterly insane...
                    Neighbor said he called them last week they were recently sold to Purely foods and wait is 2 to 3 weeks is what he was told. It’s kinda far for me but I would if it was cash at unload.
                    When did you last haul rhere? Is there different payment times for different people? I wouldn’t think so.

Comment

schoular 3 working days here

Comment

schoular 3 working days here
                        Process and primary elevators have same rules under ACT. They must offer a elevator receipt with grade, dockage, quantity and value or a Cash ticket At the Time of Delivery! Sec 61(1) and 78(2)

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                          Neighbor said he called them last week they were recently sold to Purely foods and wait is 2 to 3 weeks is what he was told. It’s kinda far for me but I would if it was cash at unload.
                          When did you last haul rhere? Is there different payment times for different people? I wouldn’t think so.
                          Hadn’t heard that yet. Was a couple years ago I sold to them. Always went and got cheque next day. Sounds like they wrecked it then...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            Hadn’t heard that yet. Was a couple years ago I sold to them. Always went and got cheque next day. Sounds like they wrecked it then...
                            Yes neighbor had sold there last year and it was cash on delivery then. Was surprised this year.

Comment

https://www.bdo.ca/BDO/media/Extranets/globeways/Pre-Filing-Report-of-the-Proposed-Receiver-dated-November-13-2020-Redacted.pdf

Comment

Best terms here two days.

Most 5 bussiness days

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.