• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He just HAS to be a troll

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been told I'm mild Asperger's.
    Autism diagnoses are up dramatically mostly because the spectrum has been expanded greatly.
    Looking around your small rural town, you can pick them out.
    If I were a child today I'd have my own label.
    With respect, one thing I've learned after 10 years of therapy is that laymen should not diagnose. Ever. Recognize traits in people we deal with sure, but don't diagnose. It's been great advice.
    Psychologists make terrible authors and we shouldn't give their books a lot of weight.
    For one, it relieves me of looking for excuses and avoids PA tendencies. Avoids labeling others. Understanding how to listen to otherwise interesting people with abrasive quirks periodically.
    It allows me to look in the mirror and avoid being an arsehole. That's really all we can do to be better humans. As laymen, just focus on not being an arsehole. Stepping over those who haven't learned this step isn't always easy.
    Maybe maturity is avoiding baiters and just occasionally beating them back down where they belong.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      I've been told I'm mild Asperger's.
      Autism diagnoses are up dramatically mostly because the spectrum has been expanded greatly.
      Looking around your small rural town, you can pick them out.
      If I were a child today I'd have my own label.
      With respect, one thing I've learned after 10 years of therapy is that laymen should not diagnose. Ever. Recognize traits in people we deal with sure, but don't diagnose. It's been great advice.
      Psychologists make terrible authors and we shouldn't give their books a lot of weight.
      For one, it relieves me of looking for excuses and avoids PA tendencies. Avoids labeling others. Understanding how to listen to otherwise interesting people with abrasive quirks periodically.
      It allows me to look in the mirror and avoid being an arsehole. That's really all we can do to be better humans. As laymen, just focus on not being an arsehole. Stepping over those who haven't learned this step isn't always easy.
      Maybe maturity is avoiding baiters and just occasionally beating them back down where they belong.
      No such thing as a normal human being, just degrees of sanity. Some crazier than others.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        No such thing as a normal human being, just degrees of sanity. Some crazier than others.
        Since this is Chuck's own personal thread.
        Which end of the some are crazier than others spectrum would you suggest that Chuck falls into?
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 28, 2023, 13:15.

Comment

Oh trust me, I've known enough women to attest to that, God bless 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Which end of the some are crazier than others spectrum would you suggest that Chuck falls into?
            Chuck may or may not be a lot of things, likely not crazy. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Oh trust me, I've known enough women to attest to that, God bless 'em.

Comment

A reasonable guideline. I have known dangerous outliers off the graph. I do seem to have a type.......
                It's been a ride.
                Last edited by blackpowder; May 28, 2023, 15:10.

Comment

So now you are an expert in autism , just like Lentil is an expert in astronomy?
                  Lol. That’s kinda funny. Do you know anything about autism? I live it everyday so that’s my experience and knowledge. Guess I might have been overreaching diagnosing Chuck but his conduct checks many boxes of an autism assessment but also psychopath one as well. We can be anonymous on these internet chat forums all we want but the more folks write the more their true personality comes out. Many psychopaths can put up a good front but a good assessor can trap them up.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    You and he are close cousins.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        Lol. That’s kinda funny. Do you know anything about autism? I live it everyday so that’s my experience and knowledge. Guess I might have been overreaching diagnosing Chuck but his conduct checks many boxes of an autism assessment but also psychopath one as well. We can be anonymous on these internet chat forums all we want but the more folks write the more their true personality comes out. Many psychopaths can put up a good front but a good assessor can trap them up.
                        Sounds like you know far more than I for which I'm glad. Hat's off to you.
                        Have you ever considered CC is just an asshole?

Comment

Which one of us is supposed to be flattered and which is supposed to be insulted?

Not sure that you thought this one through, considering that you seem to like every one of Chuck's posts.
                          But you sure got defensive when I suggested you were sounding like Chuck a while back...

Comment

Jordan Peterson is tweeting about Chucks again:

Dr Jordan B Peterson
                            @jordanbpeterson
                            ·
                            May 27
                            ·
                            In my experience the use of LOL is a marker for narcissism. It's derisive and indicates an attitude of contemptuous eye-rolling moral superiority.

Comment

Thing is, for official "diagnoses". You may need to check 5 of 7 boxes in the DSM IV. Even though 1-4 may be pronounced they are just personality traits, not a " disorder". Hence the asshole clause.

Comment

Being a narcissistic asshole is a disorder 🤓

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.