• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding Pic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding Pic

As the rain continues thought I’d share the only seeding pic I took. Second last day seeding canola.

Sure share some, up to 9/10"

Click image for larger version

Name:	001 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	775105

Name:	001.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	775106

Comment

Didn’t take many at planting
      This one planting wheat May 12 in a light rain.
      Our drills look very similar FJ.
      Mine is a 2005 series 2 5710 47 foot.
      Last edited by seldomseen; May 26, 2023, 17:27.

Comment

2004, 54' no MRB's. Wheat May 11.

Ever try adjust the rear packer linkage? These are seized solid. Torch heat never made a diff.
        Last edited by fjlip; May 26, 2023, 19:25.

Comment

Name:	9D79DA54-1CEF-4072-AD3D-8073B5A31EE2.jpg
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	775109
          Not dry no more!

Comment

Opening day with a new to me drill, seeding Pasteur wheat on may 11.

Took a couple days to catch on to the nuances, but rolling well now. Wheat and canola in. Have a quarter of oats and all the feed barley to go yet.
            Last edited by flea beetle; May 27, 2023, 00:34.

Comment

Name:	IMG_4937.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	775110 drill2

Name:	IMG_4799.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	775111Drill 1

Comment

Plot day yesterday
                Corn 🌽

Sunflowers 🌻

Comment

My other seeding rig. This was bush 2 years ago. Floating oats into it and harrowing in. Don’t want to put the drill in here for another couple years. Plan is to float oats this year and then disc again in the fall. Then float canola on next year and disc after that crop as well.

Last edited by flea beetle; May 27, 2023, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                    My other seeding rig. This was bush 2 years ago. Floating oats into it and harrowing in. Don’t want to put the drill in here for another couple years. Plan is to float oats this year and then disc again in the fall. Then float canola on next year and disc after that crop as well.

The first year or 3, I just use the air drill out of the ground to broadcast on freshly cleared land.

With the C shank drill, when I do put it into roots and stumps, not much bad can happen except damaged hoses, and time spent extracting roots from between shanks.

I imagine the independent drill you have could sustain some real damage in roots and stumps? What is the worst case scenario, can the shanks twist bend break?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      The first year or 3, I just use the air drill out of the ground to broadcast on freshly cleared land.

With the C shank drill, when I do put it into roots and stumps, not much bad can happen except damaged hoses, and time spent extracting roots from between shanks.

I imagine the independent drill you have could sustain some real damage in roots and stumps? What is the worst case scenario, can the shanks twist bend break?
                      Yes I miss the c-shank for that. Can’t just skim the top of the ground with the seedhawk. It is either full in and meter on, or full out and meter off. I suppose a guy could just turn the shank pressure way down and the openers would just ride on top of the ground?

I did bend one shank on a rock this year so far. My fault though. Was turning around a slough. I saw it and didn’t react fast enough.

Not wanting to find out what roots and stumps can do to the shanks. Definitely not built like a c-shank, that is for sure.

Comment

My Google dumbphone can't seem to get pics to here from files lol

Comment

I broadcast with the c-shank out of the ground also, seed alfalfa that way too at two passes. Very accurate though. Valmar would be way faster, everything too pricey to change and rentals are too inconvenient around here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...