• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI and farming.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry went off but , seriously…. ??

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Technology is not going to go the way you think it. Soon people wont be able to trust it and it will come with such control and insidious influence, so they will disconnect from it.

[ATTACH]12617[/ATTACH]
      Know your enemies...and a kill switch probably would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
        After interacting with it for a while I have started to recognize AI generated forum posts. It has a way of putting words together that has a kinda fingerprint to it. I can't unsee that fingerprint on a number of posts on different forums I visit now. It does warrant paying attention to it even if you don't like or even understand it. It's here and it's going to affect our businesses.

The extent of my farming AI interaction? I asked if canola is $20/bushel and nitrogen is $800/tonne what's the optimum fertilizer rate to use to maximize profit? The crazy non-answer wasn't worth the electricity it took to generate it.
        I agree, but that information isn't out there for anyone to look up because the fertilizer companies and the grain companies don't want you to know the answer because if you knew the truth nobody would plant a crop and AI is only pulling information from the internet like anyone can do if you have the time, however I think this should get better with time as more of these questions are asked.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Have a few questions on AI and farming ….

Will it know how to pull a calf at the right time
          Will it know how to physically change a bearing
          Will it know how to fix a wheel hub
          An air seeder line
          A liquid line
          Fix a flat tire , with a nail or completely fuked split
          Duct tape a main line to keep going
          A hydraulic line leak
          A hydraulic pump failure or leak
          An electrical connection
          A water pump
          A hydraulic pump
          An antifreeze leak
          A GPS bad connection
          A lodged rock in a rock picker
          A bearing in a seed meeter , wheel , disk , packer , tractor , bailer , combine 500 bearings , swather 300 bearings ………. List in endless
          Will it know when exactly to to turn around a bush , slough , rock pile. , a ridge in field , pothole , Solough, yard site , tree line , fence liner , neighbours fence , corrals, castle fence , pig fence , chicken fence , elk fence , bison fence , dugouts , road alowances , mail box’s , road approach’s not marked , wells , unexpected potholes , wet spots , ground seepage areas , saline areas , washouts , normal water runs , odd water runs …
          I could go on for a while , will let others fill in
          But really AI will have near zero part in 90% of what we do .
          So *** off with we will be replaced
          This is only a partial list , I am sure many will be added .
          Yup , farming so easy …. *** you , you do it
          Studies have shown that in some cases people would rather interact with AI than another human, that isn't something I would have thought of, but it makes sense if it tells you something you want to hear.

So take that a step further and add this capacity for intelligence to a robot, one that can help you hold the pliers as you pound the staple in the post, or guide you back to the trailer and drop the pin in the hitch rather than having the wife come out to help, and maybe have the conversation you want to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
            Studies have shown that in some cases people would rather interact with AI than another human, that isn't something I would have thought of, but it makes sense if it tells you something you want to hear.

So take that a step further and add this capacity for intelligence to a robot, one that can help you hold the pliers as you pound the staple in the post, or guide you back to the trailer and drop the pin in the hitch rather than having the wife come out to help, and maybe have the conversation you want to have.
            same people that do climate change studies i guess?

Comment

If AI calculated the money invested in land, machinery and time and the risk of markets and weather it might tell you growing food is a poor investment. Risk factor too high for return let world go hungry and do something else. Would be nice if AI could send service truck when needed thou !

Comment

A marxist AI programmed into a helper robot would rather see you kill yourself on the farm and your family leave the land and eat bugs.

I mean boston robotics have tons of these prototypes. Would you really want this thing behind you when you are fixing something.

Watch those Black Mirror episodes from about 5 yrs ago. One showed a group of people totally integrated into the tech control structure and another that rejected it entirely and lived as an alternate society.

Why would you fully interact with something you cant trust. I dont trust the govt so my interactions are kept to a minimum. I dont trust my neighbor hoping he gets to rent my land. Same concept.
                Last edited by jazz; May 23, 2023, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Would you really want this thing behind you when you are fixing something.
                  Better have your pants buckled up if you know what I’m sayin.

Comment

if you want REAL advice and intelligence talk to an old timer whos been through it all before
                    if you want artificial intelligence well you know where to get it, no different than artificial meat, sweetner, leather or anything else artificial.

Comment

They’ll be 100’s of ways AI will be helpful especially as it get better. Some may be just taking heavy lifting out of data gathering but still neat. What’s the optimal date to seed canola to net get hit with a frost. Or analyze all machinery sales from all auction places and find the lowest dollar per hour machinery. Scan all journals for research on optimal factors for anything ag related.

Better is you will be able to completely write your own fertilizer prescriptions. Take yield data load it in and just verbally tell it till build a map compatible with an X35 based on what you want with no coding. Possibilities are endless.
                      Last edited by Grahamp; May 23, 2023, 12:24.

Comment

When AI tells me what day and time its going to hail, it’ll be well worth its while.

Comment

The bto neighbor uses AI to optimize operations.

He works with Solinftec. I think they are a Brazilian company.

He started working with them last year. This year they are seeding way differently. No more than 2 or 3 drills in one area. Lots of single drills scattered around. Less moving, this way.

11 drills, 7 sprayers, 2 rollers and all the support equipment. Spread out over atleast 70 miles.

He has 15,000 mt of fertilizer shed storage and a blender.

Just a tonne of stuff going on.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            The bto neighbor uses AI to optimize operations.

He works with Solinftec. I think they are a Brazilian company.

He started working with them last year. This year they are seeding way differently. No more than 2 or 3 drills in one area. Lots of single drills scattered around. Less moving, this way.

11 drills, 7 sprayers, 2 rollers and all the support equipment. Spread out over atleast 70 miles.

He has 15,000 mt of fertilizer shed storage and a blender.

Just a tonne of stuff going on.
                            I can see that could happen it's about optimizing management and logistics. it would be expensive to do, I guess it's just scale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.