• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Load dry phos once every 500 ac
    Furrow just curious, you have a large liquid tank for fertilizer, a small liquid tank for your Alpine product, why additional dry phos? When seeding wheat then just liquid fertilizer and Alpine? With your Bourgault drill liquid or dry fertilizer? For the record my son tells me I always ask too many questions lol.

Comment

We started using dry phos with the Bourgault a few years ago after I set up an extra delivery tank for dry on tender trailer
      Been using just Alpine as a phos source for nearly 20 years , works very well but just barely enough phos for a decent crop . So we add 25-30 dry now along with Alpine in furrow to keep levels up . Has helped a lot and yeilds show it
      That’s why we set up the SM the way we did
      The Bourgault gets all 4 as well , seed , N , Alpine and dry phos .
      All sulfur is spread once every 5 years in the form of bio Sul

Comment

My tender trailer …

Seed in tandem , Liquid N in big tank , Alpine tank then I mounted an ole Flexi coil air tank on the front with a side cute we fabricated in shop for the dry phos
        We use 11-52 for the cereals and Top Phos for the canola because of the very low salt index

That way one unit and one guy can keep both drills going
        Last edited by furrowtickler; May 21, 2023, 08:46.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          My tender trailer …

Seed in tandem , Liquid N in big tank , Alpine tank then I mounted an ole Flexi coil air tank on the front with a side cute we fabricated in shop for the dry phos
          We use 11-52 for the cereals and Top Phos for the canola because of the very low salt index

That way one unit and one guy can keep both drills going
          Great setup furrow. 2 more questions. Why not add 10-34 to the liquid nitrogen? What about potash?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Great setup furrow. 2 more questions. Why not add 10-34 to the liquid nitrogen? What about potash?
            Could add 10-34 for sure , but that would be more liquid to haul around , more storage tanks in yard and potential issues blending when filling .
            Potash can be added through Alpine system if needed and or foliar with herbicides .
            Or potash can be easily blended with the dry on either set up as well if needed

Comment

Done !!!!

Comment

Done plant 2023, about 55 years of participating/ then doing it. 5710 packed down HARD, hopefully good germ. Ideal moisture....but getting very dry on top. First wheat emerged. Area 50-60% done. Keep at it, try your best.

Comment

Canola in the ground by Victoria day. Thats perfect. Tomorrow we start durum. Some sloughs to go back and seed in a few weeks.

Very good moisture for seeding, every crop should rip but I will take a 1/2in of rain anyway.

Comment

We’ve never seen better seeding conditions. With the heat on the way, these crops should jet. Last year we had a family funeral May 24 and we were 2/3 done so guess we are ahead of the 8-Ball.

Comment

Done main crops , now just a few soybean and corn plot’s hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

Had a huge wk last wk, pushed my hard to get where we are today. Everything ran to a “T”. Knock on drill.
                        Don’t usually work Sundays but did yesterday with rain coming possibly Wed.

Should be done durum by tomorrow, then have to take and change openers on Seedhawk and put the canola ones on for the last 2400 ac.
                        Use Dutch paired row for everything but

Haven’t heard SF say to “take everything slow and relax, talk to a neighbour …. It’s only a crop”
                        Or something to that effect.

Everyone have a safe week and yes “talk to a neighbour”.

Comment

780 I really like that idea of paired row on your cereals and knives on the canola 👍👍
                          Would like to do the same on this SR
                          Maybe next year .
                          Dutch has a paired row for these already I hear , have not seen it yet

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...