• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Mercantile Exchange Threatens to Leave,,, Chicago

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago Mercantile Exchange Threatens to Leave,,, Chicago

Chicago Mercantile Exchange Threatens to Leave as Mayor Brandon Johnson Takes Office

Decay of Chicago is astonishing . . . . A lot of cities now in a serious depression, socially and financially.

Had the opportunity to be on the floor in the 90’s and witness this amazing pit driven grain, cattle and currency price discovery. Those days are forever gone . . . .

Comment

Some Chicago trading nostalgia back in-the day . . . .
      Chris Farley actor was a floor runner for Iowa Grain.

Floor runner answers the phone from a broker, then hand signals the order to the pit trader. Pit trader then executes trade and hand signals back to the floor runner. Floor runner phones fill back to broker. The noise was intense. You had to scream into the phone for the floor runner to hear the order at times, especially near the closing bell.

Mr. Farley was a floor runner in the morning, then off to Chicago’s Second City comedy troupe in the afternoon. Then career exploded to Saturday Night Live (SNL. You know the rest of the story . . . .

Some déjà vu . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post

Floor runner answers the phone from a broker, then hand signals the order to the pit trader. Pit trader then executes trade and hand signals back to the floor runner. Floor runner phones fill back to broker. The noise was intense. You had to scream into the phone for the floor runner to hear the order at times, especially near the closing bell.

Mr. Farley was a floor runner in the morning, then off to Chicago’s Second City comedy troupe in the afternoon. Then career exploded to Saturday Night Live (SNL. You know the rest of the story . . . .

Some déjà vu . . . .
        Great story!

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post

Some déjà vu . . . .
          I could see Farley plain as day in my minds eye running bids. Bet he added his own touch.

Comment

That must of been around the time he was living in a van down by the river!😂😜

Comment

I think they are making room for Connor Bedard’s living qtrs. I’m sure it will make a nice penthouse

Comment

Scott Shellady mentioned that the Chicago population is the same now as 100 years ago. People are fleeing to suburbs or states with a better business environment.

Citadel Group already left Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  I could see Farley plain as day in my minds eye running bids. Bet he added his own touch.
                  Mr. Farley did a Farley and got fired from his job. Don’t think that impacted his career momentum much. Just an amazing talent . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    Scott Shellady mentioned that the Chicago population is the same now as 100 years ago. People are fleeing to suburbs or states with a better business environment.

Citadel Group already left Chicago.
                    History keeps repeating itself.

Used to be described as white flyte.

The money leaves for a more stable location and there is nobody left to pay taxes.

Big surprise.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.