• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danielle Smith discussed COVID charges 'almost weekly' with justice officials

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are only playing with words now CC when you are clearly wrong , time for a few more 💉 🐑

Comment

Ridiculously sensitive PRC test said "covid" positive, at death, of many things...

oh and ZERO flu deaths?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Its a question of whether you think public health orders to reduce the impact of disease or animal health orders apply to everyone or just those who agree with them?

The answer is they apply to everyone.
        Of course you feel that way when the government in power making the arbitrary laws is left wing.
        Do you discount the possibility that a right-wing government could ever be elected, and that the same submissive compliance which you advocate for, would apply to you in that case?
        For example, what if a right-wing government declares that liberalism is a disease, and that all self identified liberals must be sterilized or euthanized because they pose a mortal risk to society.
        According to your above logic, you would be obliged to follow their rules, because government always knows best.
        A lot of things sound really good in theory, until you realize that at some point the shoe may be on the other foot.
        For example, I used to think that digital currencies and surveillance state were actually a good idea, under the assumption that we would continue to have benevolent centrist governments. Until we saw them be weaponized by the current extreme left wing government in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Of course you feel that way when the government in power making the arbitrary laws is left wing.
          Do you discount the possibility that a right-wing government could ever be elected, and that the same submissive compliance which you advocate for, would apply to you in that case?
          For example, what if a right-wing government declares that liberalism is a disease, and that all self identified liberals must be sterilized or euthanized because they pose a mortal risk to society.
          According to your above logic, you would be obliged to follow their rules, because government always knows best.
          A lot of things sound really good in theory, until you realize that at some point the shoe may be on the other foot.
          For example, I used to think that digital currencies and surveillance state were actually a good idea, under the assumption that we would continue to have benevolent centrist governments. Until we saw them be weaponized by the current extreme left wing government in Canada.
          Gee I never thought crypto or surveillance were good ideas. How would a conservative government been different? The Cons in Britain are arresting peaceful protesters during the coronation. So much for freedom of speech under Conservatve rule. It seems it does not matter what part of the political spectrum rules. If they don't like the message freedom goes out the window.
          Last edited by agstar77; May 6, 2023, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Gee I never thought crypto or surveillance were good ideas. How would a conservative government been different? The Cons in Britain are arresting peaceful protesters during the coronation. So much for freedom of speech out the window.
            I'm not referring to crypto, I meant Central Bank digital currency. And surveillance, as methods of getting rid of the underground economy and organized crime and corruption. As a honest tax paying law abiding citizen, I thought those would be good tools to level the playing field. But after seeing this government freeze the bank accounts of those who oppose them, I changed my mind completely on both topics.

Your side was cheering on the bank account freezing. Just imagine the tools they would have to control their opposition if all currency was digital and issued by the government. Now that the president has been set, I can foresee both ends of the political spectrum using those tools to silence and control their opposition. We should all be concerned.
            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 6, 2023, 13:13.

Comment

Digital currency will come someday , like it or not. There is a fine line on surveillance. Freezing bank accounts for criminal activity like the blockaders is different than for political opponents. Nothing is ever cut and dried right or wrong. Judgement will be at the ballot box. You should also worry about political interference in the legal system. That seems to be a problem for all political stripes

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                Digital currency will come someday , like it or not. There is a fine line on surveillance. Freezing bank accounts for criminal activity like the blockaders is different than for political opponents. Nothing is ever cut and dried right or wrong. Judgement will be at the ballot box. You should also worry about political interference in the legal system. That seems to be a problem for all political stripes
                Speaking of fine lines, would you agree that the fine line between a political opponent and a criminal is open to interpretation depending on whose politics they are opposing? Your statement makes it sound like that is very cut and dried.
                History is full of examples of authoritarians and communist dictators inventing trumped up charges against their political opponents as an excuse to remove them.
                I hope you never find yourself on the other side of that equation.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 6, 2023, 18:12.

Comment

[QUOTE=AlbertaFarmer5;565872]I'm not referring to crypto, I meant Central Bank digital currency. And surveillance, as methods of “getting rid of the underground economy and organized crime and corruption. “

That’s what they’ll have you believe but total control of every aspect of your life is the goal.

Comment

Smith apologizes for bringing up her go to subject Nazis.

Comment

Did Trudeau ever apologize for saying he really liked chinas communist party?

Comment

Good luck trying manage the trade and the diplomatic file with China.

Behind the scenes exporters including farmers who do a lot of business selling goods and commodities to China will be hoping it is managed well.

I am sure all the conservative China bashers would be happy to cut all trade and ties with China just to make a point! LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...