• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danielle Smith discussed COVID charges 'almost weekly' with justice officials

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's kind ironic all those farmers for just us libertarian types wanted the border open for marketing their wheat under the CWB but then a decade later shut it down with an illegal blockade at Coutts. LOL

A5 was there. How does a libertarian justify taking away the rights of businesses and individuals to cross the border because they disagree with public health policy in Canada and the US?

We can't wait to hear the absurd explanation about to come from our resident hypocrite troll.

Comment

a few border crossings closed for a few weeks was notting compared to all the buisness that were shut down and destroyed by the tyranical C19 restrictions , but that would never cross your mind CC would it ?

Comment

But you still think its okay to complain about all the health care closures and restrictions and then illegally close the border yourself? LOL

Didnt you want the border open? Make up your mind!

Comment

yes i said i did not suport blockades , but i fully support standing up against tyrants and saying the overeach has to stop

Comment

Sounds like Calgary Pastor Artur Pawlowski and the Take Back Alberta gang who gave Smith the overwhelming 54% victory have her by the short and curlies.

No wonder Smith is so concerned about the Coutts Border Blockade gang having their charges dropped.

Maybe the Agrivllle Coutts Border Blockade participant and calls himself a Libertarian is on Smith's speed dial as well.

Very entertaining.
            Last edited by foragefarmer; Apr 14, 2023, 05:20.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
              yes i said i did not suport blockades , but i fully support standing up against tyrants and saying the overeach has to stop
              Yes and that's why the "tyrants" shouldn't politically interfere in the justice system by asking prosecutors to drop the charges and by talking to the accused who broke numerous laws and court orders.

The worst tyrants are the ones who jail, poison or kill their opposition. Like Putin.

But the lesser tyrants like Smith will interfere and then deny it.

I am glad to hear you didn't support the illegal blockades

Comment

Like BIG Zel....

Comment

I see Danny Smith is trying hard to to lose the election and giving the NDP an easy pitch. It's a clear sign of weak leader who can't defend herself or her policies and wants to hide from tough questions.

Is this her Kim Campbell moment?

"An election is not the time to discuss serious issues" Yes Kim Campbell said something like that during the 1993 campaign and went on to lose badly after 5 months as an unelected Prime Minister.

Now Smith doesn't want to answer more than one question from reporters. Asked why, she replied, “It’s an election, that’s why." LOL

"Alberta Premier Danielle Smith, four days after announcing she won’t answer questions on her ethics investigation, says she will limit questions on all other topics.

Ms. Smith told reporters in Calgary Friday that she will only allow reporters to ask a single question at news conferences and not allow them the traditional followup query.

“Leaders take questions – it’s part of the job,” NDP Leader Rachel Notley said on social media.

“If Danielle Smith isn’t willing to explain herself to Albertans, she shouldn’t be premier. Albertans deserve better.”

Former Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi also weighed in on social media.

“Folks, this is really wrong,” said Mr. Nenshi. “This was a government announcement, not an election announcement.

“It’s part of the job to answer questions no matter how tough – why I scrummed almost daily. Not answering means you’re either hiding something or your staff are scared of what you’ll say.”

Some political scientists said Ms. Smith is making the change to avoid accountability, particularly given the recent controversy over her phone call with Calgary street pastor Art Pawlowski about his then-upcoming criminal trial.

They said followup questions to politicians are crucial, as they are typically used to clarify gaps or assumptions or to challenge, if necessary, the content of the first answer.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-alberta-premier-danielle-smith-announces-new-limits-on-media-questions/
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 15, 2023, 07:19.

Comment

AB5's mentor and Coutts Border Blockade supervisor Pastor Artur Pawlowski was found guilty of mischief for encouraging the Sheepies to continue blocking the Canada-U.S. border crossing.

The bragging so called Libertarian had no problem following Pawlowski's orders in preventing fellow rural Albertans from conducting their daily business.

I guess in AB5's mind he gets a hall pass as Smith was on Pawlowski's side as well.

Comment

I guess we should come up with some woke bogus charge called, “incitation”. Do you think all of the hundreds of thousands who cheered on the truckers were inciting violence? Quite a stretch, I would say.

Comment

and who actualy believes we have a fair non corupt juctice system in this country ? also they held him over 50 days in jail , would they come out now and say they were wrong in jailing him ?
                        Last edited by cropgrower; May 3, 2023, 07:42.

Comment

So much for the ring wingers who want to get tough on crime.

They are good at making up lame excuses for fellow law breakers who get caught.

And then they think its okay for politicians to give them a pardon. LOL

The UCP Set Back Alberta Party is the law and disorder party now!

Comment

so you think pastors shud be in jail for feeding the hungry ? when government closed homeless shelters during the plandemic ? they were freezing to death under bridges , is that all good in your opinion ?

Comment

His scumbag lawyers will soon get their reward.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                                so you think pastors shud be in jail for feeding the hungry ? when government closed homeless shelters during the plandemic ? they were freezing to death under bridges , is that all good in your opinion ?
                                If the pastor was feeding the hungry great. But more likely he was spending his time and money attacking public health measures designed to prevent disease and suffering amongst the homeless, poor and hungry.

But you don't seem to mind that Conservative governments cut social assistance, addictions and mental health programs in the name of balancing the budget?

A lot of Conservatives like to blame the individual and underfund programs that would help homeless people find homes and help.

If you are such a strong advocate for the homeless, then lets hear your plan for providing housing and food.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...