• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    In my home county, industry pays 93% of the property taxes, that's almost entirely oil and gas facilities.
    I forget the exact number, but farmland is only one or two percent. It would be an unthinkable shock to the system if that goes away.
    In my RM here in the sw corner , there is a lot of tax revenue that comes from the gas companies . Let me tell you , the scenarios of what the taxes would be like without that revenue are basically this : Cutting Back on on a lot of services because the RM cannot afford to do them any longer.

Being on RM council , even though it was a thankless job for a few years , does provide some insight. RM amalgamation is going to be a reality in the near future .

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
      In my RM here in the sw corner , there is a lot of tax revenue that comes from the gas companies . Let me tell you , the scenarios of what the taxes would be like without that revenue are basically this : Cutting Back on on a lot of services because the RM cannot afford to do them any longer.

Being on RM council , even though it was a thankless job for a few years , does provide some insight. RM amalgamation is going to be a reality in the near future .

Just my opinion.
      Meota... nah
      He will return after these messages from his sponsor...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-19 101214.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	774934

Comment

The CWB debate was over a long time ago. Are some of you guys having trouble moving on? LOL

But nobody has answered my question. You guys often rant on about government over reach, intervention and the lack of property rights.

But how come the free marketers support government regulation and intervention to take away landowners rights to deal with oil companies who want access to their land?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          The CWB debate was over a long time ago. Are some of you guys having trouble moving on? LOL

But nobody has answered my question. You guys often rant on about government over reach, intervention and the lack of property rights.

But how come the free marketers support government regulation and intervention to take away landowners rights to deal with oil companies who want access to their land?
          Chuck2, I own the top 12 inches. The Province owns what lies beneath, they have the mineral rights, I do not. They have the right to access what they own.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

You should have fought that legislation in 1968. Are you having trouble moving on?

Your question has been answered. Several solutions were presented. You choose to repeat yourself for only reasons you know.

Comment

From Bloomberg:

"To secure the massive new VW battery plant, Canada signed an unprecedented contract with the company to offer up to $13 billion in production subsidies over 10 years."

For comparison or relative values;

Suncor Fort Hills complete project estimated cost $17 billion. 194,000 BPD.

New build "low carbon" NH3 plant cost $2 billion.1.4 million te/yr

Not hard to see why CRA is negotiating for 30% raise. These clowns have no concept of monetary value.
              Last edited by shtferbrains; Apr 20, 2023, 13:38.

Comment

[QUOTE=LWeber;564818]Meota... nah
                He will return after this short flight...

BlackBerry was so much more secure:

Click image for larger version

Name:	flight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	774943

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Chuck2, I own the top 12 inches. The Province owns what lies beneath, they have the mineral rights, I do not. They have the right to access what they own.
                  Just in case you missed the memo CC…. Canadians have no property rights… should have been obvious with what the Feds and CWB got away with… now Carbon taxes… EV regulations… Climate change decarbonization regulations… expropriation of any land or property, currency… anything government deems in their “interests” they take… if not directly… then through abusive misappropriation of powers and legal manipulation.

Breaches of Trust in administrative laws… is virtually impossible to enforce through the legal system…

As I said… “The House always wins” they control the agenda… no level of government dares step on the authority of other government bureaucrats or agencies… self preservation now rules the law and bureaucratic regulations.

Cheers… a brave world… being a bully is illegal… unless you are from the government. How history repeats itself….

Comment

Turd and GREENIES will run right into Mr. Physics...

What angers me about the federal push for new eco-regulations and programs is the obvious made-up nature of a lot of the stats.

"Sources at the city and EPCOR have warned me, too, that permits for 200-amp services will soon be cut off because the grid just can’t take more than a few homes per neighbourhood with rapid-charging stations.

Forewarned, we had an electrician come out Thursday to look at our wiring and panels. Boy did I learn quickly another reason why the forced conversion to EVs is doomed to fail.

Right off the top, the electrician said we can’t have 200-amp service because our neighborhood has no overhead powerlines. Everything is underground."

Can't upgrade underground!

"To upgrade our system to just a slow charger for one EV (not two) would cost in excess of $10,000. And that’s even before we pay for a charging station."

Now do that for EVERY house, every vehicle...phuck that idea!

Comment

"Another major issue with electric vehicles is that they’re significantly heavier than gas-powered vehicles.

“It’s a matter of physics,” said David Adams, the president of the Global Automakers of Canada. “The batteries are extremely heavy and the vehicles are extremely heavy.”

Adams explained that the larger the vehicle, the bigger and heavier the battery will have to be to power it, which makes it even more dangerous to cars on the road. He added that the tires for electric vehicles are also heavier than combustion engine vehicles because they are built to sustain the weight of the battery.

This added weight will put more strain on our roads. It also makes it much more dangerous for gas-powered vehicles when an electric vehicle and a gas-powered car collide.

In 2011, the National Bureau of Economic Research found that if a vehicle weighs 1,000 pounds more than another vehicle, it results in a 47 per cent increase in fatality risk.

Earlier this year, the National Transportation Safety Board in the U.S. raised concerns over the increasing weight of electric trucks and Hummers, saying, “We have to be careful that we aren’t also creating unintended consequences: More death on our roads…safety, especially when it comes to new transportation policies and new technologies, cannot be overlooked.”

Parkades will collapsed from heavier EV's. Bridges will be stressed. Endless bad shit!

Comment

Oh the insanity!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          "Another major issue with electric vehicles is that they’re significantly heavier than gas-powered vehicles.

“It’s a matter of physics,” said David Adams, the president of the Global Automakers of Canada. “The batteries are extremely heavy and the vehicles are extremely heavy.”

Adams explained that the larger the vehicle, the bigger and heavier the battery will have to be to power it, which makes it even more dangerous to cars on the road. He added that the tires for electric vehicles are also heavier than combustion engine vehicles because they are built to sustain the weight of the battery.

This added weight will put more strain on our roads. It also makes it much more dangerous for gas-powered vehicles when an electric vehicle and a gas-powered car collide.

In 2011, the National Bureau of Economic Research found that if a vehicle weighs 1,000 pounds more than another vehicle, it results in a 47 per cent increase in fatality risk.

Earlier this year, the National Transportation Safety Board in the U.S. raised concerns over the increasing weight of electric trucks and Hummers, saying, “We have to be careful that we aren’t also creating unintended consequences: More death on our roads…safety, especially when it comes to new transportation policies and new technologies, cannot be overlooked.”

Parkades will collapsed from heavier EV's. Bridges will be stressed. Endless bad shit!
                          Parkades will outlaw EV parking… just like propane, hydrogen…. If these vehicles burn… chaos… collapse and inability to fight fires with these highly dangerous very explosive high heat fires.

Trudeau and Biden have no responsible rational understanding of what they are proposing… on top it will have no practical effect on “Climate Change” or reducing earth temperatures.

A fool’s errand… this “climate change “ religious hypocrisy is laced with
                          A healthy dose of virtual destruction of civilization …as we know it…. The WEF, UN, and IPCC have been told over and over… yet the blundering increases…

Peace and prayers…

Comment

what happes in a bad crash ? if the battery busts open , is their acid ? are they dry ? how safe is the crap in them if you get covered in it ? i guess people like me will again be called names because i have questions ! far right , flat earth etc
                            Last edited by cropgrower; Apr 22, 2023, 20:18.

Comment

Trudeau and definitely Biden will be footnotes in history when the electric dogs come home to roost. Essentially most schmucks in town with an ev will charge at a service station as their home service won’t be adequate. Apartment and condo dwellers will be beholden to commercial charging stations. They’ll be paying the same for electricity as gasoline. Sticking it to the man no such chance. Pay more for an ev but still pay the same to fuel it up. Interesting times. Keep your powder dry and cellar full.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                                what happes in a bad crash ? if the battery busts open , is their acid ? are they dry ? how safe is the crap in them if you get covered in it ? i guess people like me will again be called names because i have questions ! far right , flat earth etc
                                Mustn’t ask questions like that !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.