• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical Question NOT Covid.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Question NOT Covid.

And no glenn i dont get medical advice from agriville, before you ask.

Anyone diagnosed with sleep apnoea?

Been suggested by GP i have a overnight stay in big smoke and get sleep tested ,can do amazing things if you have it and can be treated.

Wife says i snore not alot, but more than occasionally.

Have private health cover believe i could be done tested in a matter of days. Public health will be months and months.

Cheers thanks in advance to anyone who responds and for gods sake dont turn it into a covid thread...

Proper pillow really helps with snoring.
    Sleep country..contour pillow.

Comment

Some of the sleep lab clinics here will send you home with the monitoring equipment so you don't have to go the city.

Undiagnosed Sleep apnea affects your quality and length of life.

The solution is most often a CPAP machine to make sure you keep breathing and don't unkowingly wake up several times an hour. Many people are undiagnosed.

Comment

I have a moderate form . Stop breathing for 15 to 20 sec. Adjustible bed helps . Raise head moderates it. If you are out for longer seek help.

Comment

Its important to test for oxygen saturation levels in the blood. That is part of the home testing equipment.

Comment

It's the length of time your breathing stops and your blood ox level that is alarming to know and the life changer.
            Snoring a symptom not the cause.
            Keeping your airways open somehow the task. Your warranty is expired.
            I was sceptical at first. If I owned the clinic at $2800/?? But NO.
            You will hate everything about the masks. You might create other issues, such as vision change from dry eyes. You will try different ones at $350 ea. You will after a while stop using it, occasionally....
            But, if you have apnea, you will know the difference, and you will live longer.
            Guaranteed.

Comment

Go to a good dentist they’ll rule out possible oral causes.

Comment

When I first started farming and we had our first kid, it was a pretty stressful time. Add in a few weather disasters and found myself with some extra weight. Snored like a freight train for a few yrs.

Friends wife had me do a referral at her clinic. Lets just say, wearing that cpap helmet was a deal breaker. Had to do it naturally. Got the weight off, stopped eating after 6pm, slightly raised bed, sleep on side and I use a saline nasal spray at night to keep air passages open. That nose strip might help too.

They have a less claustrophobic machine now, it just covers the nose. Still its very unnatural feeling especially the positive air flow. Not like normal breathing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  It's the length of time your breathing stops and your blood ox level that is alarming to know and the life changer.
                  Snoring a symptom not the cause.
                  Keeping your airways open somehow the task. Your warranty is expired.
                  I was sceptical at first. If I owned the clinic at $2800/?? But NO.
                  You will hate everything about the masks. You might create other issues, such as vision change from dry eyes. You will try different ones at $350 ea. You will after a while stop using it, occasionally....
                  But, if you have apnea, you will know the difference, and you will live longer.
                  Guaranteed.
                  yeah thats why doc asked re snoring just said ok maybe you should have a sleep test.
                  big smoke only 1 hour 15 minutes done no drama wifes mum lives there always likes a visit
                  thanks all

Comment

Add a little more.

Said in passing to the doc go to bed at 10 sleep like a log to to 5.30 6 am and said some times i feel like shitz when i wake up. That lead to his line of questioning.

Which lead to maybe you should have a test.

Comment

It's an easy referral for them.
                      Over 50? Tired? Boom.
                      But I haven't felt sleepy in the afternoon since.
                      Whatever works. Good to be aware.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        Go to a good dentist they’ll rule out possible oral causes.
                        Sadly aint been to a dentist for 22 yrs brush twice a day zero filling yet. 63 vintage

Comment

Wow for great genetics/teeth!

Be aware some find "a CPAP machine " dries out their nasal passages/throat. He got rid of it.

That's terrible, like mouth breathing.

Garmin watch records oxygen saturation levels, mine says good, 90-95% sleeping.

Heart rate variability is needed for good rest and rejuvenation during sleep, no variability is not good.
                          Last edited by fjlip; Jan 31, 2023, 18:56.

Comment

What a pleasant, informative, and relevant thread. Thank you all.
                            Now someone start one on dick pills.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              What a pleasant, informative, and relevant thread. Thank you all.
                              Now someone start one on dick pills.
                              just choked one me glass of red almost up me snozz

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...