• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys caught up with flooding in aust

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Mallee my niece and her family raise cattle in Mungallala west of Roma in Queensland. They certainly have been experiencing an extended drought. Haven't heard from her for a while. It appears this extreme event is quite far north of her. Am I correct or was this area affected as well? Very devastating and hard to imagine what they are going through!

Did a search mate seems mungallala is still in drought with only about 5mm falling for feb and there about 450 miles from the wet areas.

Disclaimer could be wrong went to nearst weather station i could find 29 miles away

Comment

Latest I have read is 500,000 head are gone....that's devastating...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Latest I have read is 500,000 head are gone....that's devastating...
        Geez, where is A&W gonna get their beef?

Comment

No mention of the floods on the news but New Zeland has a wildfire and someones cat came home after 3 yr of absence,gotta wonder who runs the media and decides what is news worthy.

Comment

Is a cattle station the same as what we call a ranch? Privately owned or leased with their own cattle, or is it more like a community pasture where they are managing cattle for many other operators?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Is a cattle station the same as what we call a ranch? Privately owned or leased with their own cattle, or is it more like a community pasture where they are managing cattle for many other operators?
              Privately owned.

Yeah went to 2 commnuity pastures sheep creeks falls not far from turner valley and another near brooks ab we have no such models in australia.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.