• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New LIKE button

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LIKE button

Hi everyone,
    We’ve added a ‘LIKE’ button to Agriville, now you can LIKE posts. There’s a lot of users who follow Agriville everyday but don’t post so this gives the non-posters a chance to engage in the debates and discussion too.

You have to be Logged In to see & click the LIKE button and to LIKE a post. If you need your password you can email me or use the Forgot Password on the Log In screen.

But once you Like a post you cannot unlike it so choose wisely!

Cheers,
    Nicole

Click image for larger version

Name:	Like button.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	778296

I tried it.

Now can we get a thumbs down icon?

Comment

I didn't add a thumbs-down button because I don't want to promote negativity, trying to keep it positive.

Comment

Combine Forum has had this for sometime. If we dislike something can still go with the 👎 or 🖕😁.

Comment

It should help those that are not currently engaging in threads but are reading ...to start in a small way...

There's a few threads that could be use as polls by the like button....

Will be interesting going forward.....but I am not looking for affirmation of my opinions....I will gladly defend them and engage in thought provoking discussions.....

I like to hear both sides.....

Comment

Originally posted by AgrivilleAdmin View Post
            I didn't add a thumbs-down button because I don't want to promote negativity, trying to keep it positive.
            If that's the case you would be better to just shut down the site.

Comment

I was waiting for that one, Jj. You get a funny - like!

Comment

i think it may discourage people from posting. None of the older posters care how many likes they get and shouldn't this isn't high school Snapchat or what ever else where the popular kids post a picture of their toes and get 1,000 likes and if they don't they feel depressed about not getting likes for a week.
                I don't see the point of it.

I wish more new people would
                post even if it's ideas I disagree with.

I wish people would explain more why they have the views they do because just being a sheep and pushing a like button really does nothing. Besides there is more than one poster with more than one identity on here so the popularity contest is already rigged.

Comment

I think the like button is a good idea. There are so many times that posters express exactly what I am thinking, but I do not reply because it would be repetitive.

Having your 'name' show up in the list of likes may be a deterrent for some though.
                  Last edited by littledoggie; Feb 7, 2019, 09:56.

Comment

Social media is about selling ad space and revenue from those ads. Studies have shown the more you post and entrench in a particular topic, the more likely you will be responsive to the advertisements. The more pissed off you are, the more you will retain the ad and buy the product. Effective social engineering thru brain chemistry, you can't avoid it.

Clicking "like" demonstrates the ability to show relative strength on a topic and further divides the group in ways more defined and focused, thereby increasing ad revenue.

If the site is free, you are the product. So, click away, but remember you aren't here to post your opinion, it is completely irrelevant what you think, you're here to be marketed to in the most effective way in history.

Comment

Love it!

A couple other forums I'm on utilize the Like option and it's great. Sure some might perceive it as some sort of popularity contest but I figure most people are adults and don't talk gobs of shit just to try and earn likes. Even if they do, the rest of the people are adults and not willing to spend their time feeding someone's ego.

I use it when I appreciate someone's post, agree with it, laugh at the humour, etc. but feel it's unnecessary to post something that just says "LOL" or "I agree" or "Well said". It's almost disappointing to see a thread with 30 replies and you think it will be a good discussion, only to read it and find 3 good posts and the rest filler of agreements.

It can also help a person feel supported, as in someone read my post even if they didn't reply. And in an industry where we constantly bring up how isolated many farmers feel, sometimes just knowing someone read your post can be a big comfort. Even if nobody has anything to really reply with, it lets someone know they aren't being ignored.

Comment

I see I have to watch were I put my finger on the phone now after sending a unintended like

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                          If the site is free, you are the product. So, click away, but remember you aren't here to post your opinion, it is completely irrelevant what you think, you're here to be marketed to in the most effective way in history.
                          Don't know how it works for anyone else but I've personally never bought, or been persuaded to buy anything I've ever seen advertised on any form of social media.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            Don't know how it works for anyone else but I've personally never bought, or been persuaded to buy anything I've ever seen advertised on any form of social media.
                            Which is why it is so effective. You don't even know you are, but oh that hit of dopamine when someone clicks like or if you do. The best reward molecule ever.

Farmers are some of the easiest to market to, there is such a huge machine pulling you along. As companies accumulate more and more of the data we're paying to give them, pricing and marketing will become a precision machine as well as huge. Analytics teams are huge business and getting better at grouping farmers into categories and marketing accordingly.

But sure, keep telling yourself you're unaffected.

Comment

Oh I understand and believe in the dopamine hit from the like button.
                              Social media advertising just doesn't influence my purchases - ever. As I type this I see there are 3 ads on the page - CaseIH, Dekalb and Mosaic. I'm not interested in any of their products.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.