• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian Wheat Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Wheat Prices

At a 4-year high and still climbing.

Ours?...

....crickets....

Originally posted by Klause View Post
    At a 4-year high and still climbing.

Ours?...

....crickets....
    There is more transparency to the Russian prices and movement than in Canada.....but they look at agricultural exports as a economic driver....not so much in Canada...we are essentially closing the doors...

And for those that want to argue my logic remember that Russia use to buy wheat....while we had a surplus....our exports haven't changed much over the years....when you compare that Russia is now exporting as much or more than we are...
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 3, 2019, 16:38.

Comment

I’m thinking good prices for June.

Will it be futures or basis/CDN$ that send it higher?

Comment

Russia looking at 110 million tonnes of production next year. Half is wheat and 35 mmt is export at least I'm home

If they don't have bad weather oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          I’m thinking good prices for June.

Will it be futures or basis/CDN$ that send it higher?
          If and I said “IF” the wheat crop in western Canada and the crop in US looks good by the end of June don’t look for any big jump in prices.
          Also, acres are going up which won’t help.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
            If and I said “IF” the wheat crop in western Canada and the crop in US looks good by the end of June don’t look for any big jump in prices.
            Also, acres are going up which won’t help.
            Good points about next years wheat crop has a few things working against it.

In 2017 the rally started in May already when the Kansas winter wheat reports were negative.

Comment

Higher Russian wheat values are a fairly recent occurrence.
              They may lose some tenders till new crops come off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheat values.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	767083

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Higher Russian wheat values are a fairly recent occurrence.
                They may lose some tenders till new crops come off.

[ATTACH]3929[/ATTACH]
                I think they have basically priced them out of the export market for the time being. No need for an export tax as the market has done it job.

Currently SRW on a FOB basis is now the cheapest wheat the world (freight is still pricing them out of some markets).

My guess old crop wheat will have some good cash prices on the prairies March forward. Our exports are up 18 % year over year with no clear sign of them slowing down anytime soon.

7.50 wheat will likely be here before we know it.
                Last edited by HappyFarmer; Feb 7, 2019, 13:26.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.