• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went well.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor had one done 2 weeks ago.
    Vertical incision on front.
    Out cutting scrap this week.
    Says if he could handle the years beforehand he can handle recovery.
    Think i might be a wuss.

Comment

Had this very discussion with surgeon yesterday.

I got a ceramic hip, it is all my surgeon uses, tried and true possibly longest lasting. Recommended for for farmers truck drivers.

Swedish technology Swedes were leaders with joint replacement at one time.

Then there is titanium. Slight risk of toxicity.

Asked him about non invasive surgery. My brain is a little fogged this morning so will try to recall to best of my ability.
      I had one incision cut with the grain.
      Non invasive is from front 4 incisions 2 with the grain two against.
      Failure rate with ceramic is almost zero. Titanium odd case of rejection or toxicity. So they stick with tradition.

Now the non invasive is almost entirely done by Chinese surgeons and have a monoloply on it kinda like a cartel did some internet search and appears on face value is correct. They also use polyurethane which makes its cheaper. But longevity unknown. Could it be deemed “cheap and nasty” don’t know.

Another kicker in fine print some surgeon who perform this your kinda signed for life meaning if you go with them for each surgery you have they lower the cost.

And some private health insurance companies won’t cover them.

Hope that makes sense enough warning bells there for me. Geez they try to infiltrate everything.

Just had breakfast you get a breakfast menu and lunch and supper like a restaurant almost no hospital slop food.

Only complication my knee has swollen like a football might slow things down be back in a while chaps.

Comment

Chinese surgeons running private clinics? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Chinese surgeons running private clinics? Interesting.
          Guess there naturalised Australians dunno.

They control chemists or drug stores here

Comment

Something to consider during attempts to partial privatize. We don't want our surgeries going the way of our driving schools.

Comment

Should be home today. Operation 5.30 pm tues 2nd March home midday mon 8th.

About normal time frame.

Was meant to have a few days extra hydra therapy but think covid has stuffed that

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...