• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold enough for you?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by checking View Post
    Thank Grant Devine for a province wide natural gas distribution system in Saskatchewan during his premiership.

Bucket is correct. Little to no vision since then, and solar and wind just don't cut it in this environment.
    Absolutely, Thank You Grant, our furnaces work great and cheap. Very reliable whether cloudy or DARK!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      Just looked again at the AESO sight. Out of 1445 potential MW production wind is producing 1 MW. 1 out of 20 wind farms are producing and only 1 MW out of 88 at that sight. Question for fans of renewables. Are you willing to freeze in the dark at -30? At 1 MW even if you had battery storage it wouldn't amount to much. Even if the electricity is cheap you can't buy what doesn't exist lol!!!
      A total JOKE but hellish expensive lesson for society. No doubt will be on the scrap heap of DUMB ideas....

Comment

My home town had one of those demo windmills ....it was taken down ....didn't notice it gone til the other day. ....

Comment

thank you greg selinger for putting mb hydro in massive debt, and giving us hydro rates that are expected to go up 7.5% per year (compounded) for the next several years. At least it created lots of high paying short term union jobs and union dues. very sparse nat gas distribution in rual mb

Comment

I could be wrong but maybe hydro is left out of equalization so Manitoba might be in good shape.....

Comment

I don't care how many solar panels you have when the temp is -30 to-40 F (and a wind to boot).

Those hydrocarbons and good old plentiful coal are what prevents total catastrophe in today's Sask.

Shame on those who would prematurely lead us into a future when there is no present plan for immediate and present necessity.

Not that those idiots can forsee what will happen under their "leadership".

Comment

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBkuz1TlVc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBkuz1TlVc[/URL]

Cremation of Sam McGee. Always think of this one on days like this

Comment

Hamloc

I’m not bright enough to find the up to the minute supply and demand figures on the AESO website. Could you give me directions. Thanks

Comment

Stampsguy I just go on ets.aeso.ca/supply and demand report. On the page that comes up just click on current supply and demand report. This will show you up to minute power consumption and where it is all being generated, cool site unless of course you are a supporter of green energy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                      Thank Grant Devine for a province wide natural gas distribution system in Saskatchewan during his premiership.

Bucket is correct. Little to no vision since then, and solar and wind just don't cut it in this environment.
                      Absolutely!!!!

People need to give their head a shake ....
                      we would be fuked with out NG

Comment

How to create heat without burning Co2, with extreme limited solar ???????????
                        Oh ya , tax those unfortunately to their death bed to not make 1 /1000 th difference in climate change .
                        Gives a warm feeling though.. lol

Comment

Forecast overnight low for Dallas Texas on Dec 31st is 15'F = -9.4'C

Abiline Texas forecast to be -13'C

There could be trouble with the wheat.

[URL="https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-forecast-maps"]https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-forecast-maps[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            I could be wrong but maybe hydro is left out of equalization so Manitoba might be in good shape.....
                            it is a net drag on equalization now, massive money loser. probably contributing to even more transfers from Ottawa to Manitoba.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Stampsguy I just go on ets.aeso.ca/supply and demand report. On the page that comes up just click on current supply and demand report. This will show you up to minute power consumption and where it is all being generated, cool site unless of course you are a supporter of green energy lol.
                              Thanks Hamloc. I must admit I do support green energy but mostly when our cows are eating it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.