• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill C-12 Canada’s path to Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill C-12 Canada’s path to Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050

Every article I look at has one falsehood in the headline, it is not carbon emissions it is C02 emissions. Some headlines just say net zero emissions without being specific another misnomer. Regardless, as a farmer and a carbon based organism that emits C02 when I breath I certainly am concerned and interested in how this will be achieved. From a grain farmer perspective I have many concerns. How high will the C02 tax go and how much will this increase the cost of inputs. Let’s be honest a lot of farm inputs have a fossil fuel component. As a livestock producer I am concerned how many restrictions will be put on my ability to continue to raise cattle. Many questions, few answers.

Trudeau will be a bad memory by that time.

Comment

Canada isn't the problem....you could go back to when it was just buffalo here and it wouldn't make a difference to the planet...

I wish people promoting this nonsense would use the organ between their ears...

BTW ...if Trudeau was serious about the virus...he could have taken the 400billion he has spent and buried every phucking Canadian ....problem solved....stupid right????...so is this environmental cult nonsense.
      Last edited by bucket; Nov 20, 2020, 08:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Every article I look at has one falsehood in the headline, it is not carbon emissions it is C02 emissions. Some headlines just say net zero emissions without being specific another misnomer. Regardless, as a farmer and a carbon based organism that emits C02 when I breath I certainly am concerned and interested in how this will be achieved. From a grain farmer perspective I have many concerns. How high will the C02 tax go and how much will this increase the cost of inputs. Let’s be honest a lot of farm inputs have a fossil fuel component. As a livestock producer I am concerned how many restrictions will be put on my ability to continue to raise cattle. Many questions, few answers.
        Rather than lose sleep over the intimate details of something that is obviously not going to happen, but destroy all productive business in Canada while trying, let's focus our efforts on ensuring that we are no longer part of Canada long before that. The world will still be using fossil fuels as the primary energy source long after these pipe dreams collapse, we need to make sure we are still in a position to capitalize on this anti-science madness when reality strikes.

Comment

Has anyone done the environmental assessment on all the rockets being pushed into space or the slowdown in air traffic overall...

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Hamloc, to nitpick here you aren't right either. The wording in the bill is Greenhouse gases, yes co2 but not just it.

Comment

Have you noticed how much the carbon tax we have now drives up the cost of everything You might think it’s just inflation but all suppliers have add it to the bill and it multiplies by the time we pay the final bill Noticed a lot on parts this year Something that always stays up and never comes down

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Trudeau will be a bad memory by that time.
                We hope.

He did breed, apparently.

Comment

Blaithin, time for a chicken photo again. Or more appropriately a group of turkeys.

Comment

I thought we were headed for a Chinese style government but it's starting to look like it's going to be the Korean style. Going to be a speech from the bunker in a few minutes.
                    Last edited by 6V53; Nov 20, 2020, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                      We hope.

He did breed, apparently.
                      Possibly. ? Maybe not

Comment

I was thinking while I was filling up the truck, supposedly the taxes on the price of fuel are supposed to be a road tax. So when they switch everyone over to electric (?) they will have to replace those fuel purchase taxes with something else. Battery tax and tires perhaps.

Comment

$$$$$$$$2,201,854,586

Provincial sales tax 2019
                          Last edited by the big wheel; Nov 20, 2020, 11:09.

Comment

I hear they are going to only tax big wheels.

Comment

Federal carbon tax 2019

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...