• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrots

we have talked about this before, but if anyone hasn't tried Nantes carrots from outlook yet sold in Co-ops , they're very good ! usually only around until 2nd or third week in dec . a great tasting food grown right here in Sask

The resident gardener just dug the rest of ours last week. She grew Nantes and another variety, but didn't know which was which.

But these are some of the sweetest carrots we have ever grown. A nice long, very slender carrot.

50/50 chance I s'pose.

Comment

We grow all our Carrots and this year the nicest Carrots that I remember. Stored in dry peat moss in the cold room they stay good until next summer.
      My wife planted Nantes and Sweetness and we feel the Sweetness are the sweetest.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        We grow all our Carrots and this year the nicest Carrots that I remember. Stored in dry peat moss in the cold room they stay good until next summer.
        My wife planted Nantes and Sweetness and we feel the Sweetness are the sweetest.
        Carrots were nuts this year. High yield and phenomenal flavour. Agree on the winner variety as well. Carrots are one of the crops that do well in our garden. Over the years, one learns which vegetables are suited. Easy to harvest and store too.

Comment

This yr I dug a root cellar ,put potatoes ,spaghetti squash,pumpkins,onions, and carrots in plastic bags and some in sand. I dont know what is best, any suggestions as best way to store carrots.
          So far all I have tried is potatoes and squash both are good,if you can call squash good,still trying to find a satisfactory recipe,every one is new to me.

Comment

Horse, our friends have their root cellar under their shop. Potatoes and turnips keep for the whole winter in jute bags. Carrots and beets in plastic bags with paper towel in each bag.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...