• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rex Murphy Rocks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rex Murphy Rocks

Best journalist out there.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-were-i-an-albertan-today-id-be-asking-whats-the-point https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-were-i-an-albertan-today-id-be-asking-whats-the-point

Highlight line- (Trudeau et al.) is greener than Kermit.

Rex is a political and social commentator not a journalist who is supposed to impartial. There is a big difference, love him or hate him.

Comment

Name one journalist that doesn't fit your description.

Impartial?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Rex is a political and social commentator not a journalist who is supposed to impartial. There is a big difference, love him or hate him.
        umm, impartial , like the CBC , right ?
        but what did you think of his piece????????????????????????????????????????????
        you can still voice your opinion, for a while

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          No, Chuck will be allowed to voice his "opinion" for a long time to come. Because he holds the "correct" opinion, unlike most citizens who actually think, and formulate opinions based on facts and logic.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            Name one journalist that doesn't fit your description.

Impartial?
            Tucker Carlson! Your favorite! hahahah

Comment

According to the dictionary, Rex is a columnist not a reporter. Both are forms of journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                waiting , chuck, ............
                what did you think of the piece?

Comment

So Chuck do you think what he says is a fair reflection of what people on the prairies feel today about our relationship with our country under the Treudau government and do you think that will work mid to long term?

Comment

Originally posted by CommonCents View Post
                    Best journalist out there.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-were-i-an-albertan-today-id-be-asking-whats-the-point https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-were-i-an-albertan-today-id-be-asking-whats-the-point

Highlight line- (Trudeau et al.) is greener than Kermit.
                    I stand corrected. Rex Murphy is a political columnist. Everyone can decide to what extent this is journalism.

ChuckChuck- you are right.

Comment

and he was groomed by the CBC until he saw the hiprocy of it all and told them to **** off

Comment

I remember the CBC as a news provider.

Thats how old I am.

Still interested in how you think this will end Chuck.

Comment

Since when did the media shift from the story teller to the story. I hate everyone of these attention getters who couldn’t find their ass with two hands but could tell u how to do it. They can go to hell!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            I remember the CBC as a news provider.

Thats how old I am.

Still interested in how you think this will end Chuck.
                            Didn't know that fossils are flexible enough to type...

Comment

Can't read the National Post article as it is behind a paywall. But i can imagine what it says.

As host of the CBC phone in show, Rex did a good job listening and asking questions.

His column in the National Post reveals his political opinions. But every news outlet that is run as a business knows who their audience and readers are and tailors their opinion content to that audience. Rex is just doing his job.

Alberta oil is still flowing and is profitable. Especially for the integrated oil companies. Demand looks to increase in the short term.

Alberta has always been a boom and bust economy overly dependent on a few commodities that go up and down in price. Most Albertans know this, but when things are rough, Albertan politicians try to blame everyone else but themselves.

Alberta has been the richest province per capita with the highest incomes and still is. What happen to all the wealth that was created? And before you blame Ottawa remember, Albertans pay the same federal tax that every other Canadian does relative to their income.

Albertan's and their oil company influenced politicians, have chosen to have low royalty and tax rates and spend much of their one time resource revenue on core services. Some people mistakenly believed high prices and the boom would last forever.

Peter Lougheed is rolling over in his grave.
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 25, 2021, 09:32.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.