• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Production Show

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Production Show

Are we all attending the event next wk? Get their early to take advantage of all high contracts that will be offered. Har har!! Can’t see there being much optimism, the only thing that will be up for sure will be the beer prices. It’s an outing meet up with some old friends, go out for couple good suppers with some reps.
    I do have several places I want to stop at and discuss some things with reps and seed companies.

Looks like everyone is staying home. That might be a good idea. Show the industry how badly we are being affected by all the BS, and how poorly we are being treated and used and abused.

Comment

It's going to be tough to get to as have a funeral this week and hauling grain. Maybe quick trip and few drinks and meal on Monday. Rest of the week is a write-off.

Manitoba next Wed.

Comment

Be sure to mention how you feel about the potential seed tax when talking to industry reps.....seed tax meeting scheduled for 16th.

Mention carbon tax to all of Trudeau’s government employees.

Comment

I no longer go to these shows. Quite useless really.

Comment

I suppose each show has a slightly different flavor but what would I see in Sktoon Crop Production or Ag in Motion, Brandon or Letbridge that I wouldn't see in Regina this summer?

I am not an alumni of anything so I don't feel the need to have a "reunion" of any kind.

Maybe the Slum of the Ghetto would be twice as big and prosperous if I took in every show....so instead I stay home and remain ignorant and socially retarded! Too late to change now.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I suppose each show has a slightly different flavor but what would I see in Sktoon Crop Production or Ag in Motion, Brandon or Letbridge that I wouldn't see in Regina this summer?

I am not an alumni of anything so I don't feel the need to have a "reunion" of any kind.

Maybe the Slum of the Ghetto would be twice as big and prosperous if I took in every show....so instead I stay home and remain ignorant and socially retarded! Too late to change now.
              I will make a slight detour pick up around 9 Monday morning. It’s never too late to change, I keep hearing that all the time. Lol

Comment

Actually they are good places to reconnect with old friends and alumni, make new friends. For young guys to find that understanding farming spouse and develop friends that have the same passion and interest as themselves. Get ideas how to take the farm to the next level and how to do it without standing on someone else's coattails, when the old man has run out of ideas and gas by already making his mark and making it better than when he first started. For people to find out that all farms are different in many aspects.

Learning anything is never lost, even if you never practically adopt it into your operation.

Do only the "truly passionate" attend?

Comment

Thing that pisses me off at these shows is the reps are more concerned about how many acres you farm then your name, where your from or what you grow. They only care about the BTOs.
                  They usually pass out passes to all the retailers, not one my way got any. Guess all these mergers are costing more than they figured.
                  I met a couple cousins last year we had a great visit about our farms, I didn’t care to discuss how big or small they are, was just nice to meet some new people. Yes, after a couple hrs the topic did come up, but all parties didn’t feel it was the “important” thing to discuss.
                  Hope to see them again this year.

Comment

Maybe try going to the agronomy updates instead. After all, how many times do you have to look at the same combine or see the same 919 grain tester from 1974. There is Farmtech, Crop Sphere, and Crop Connect as well.

Comment

Wow. With that kind of atttude....
                      I think we would get along famously .🙂

Comment

Actually they are good places to reconnect with old friends and alumni, make new friends. For young guys to find that understanding farming spouse and develop friends that have the same passion and interest as themselves. Get ideas how to take the farm to the next level and how to do it without standing on someone else's coattails, when the old man has run out of ideas and gas by already making his mark and making it better than when he first started. For people to find out that all farms are different in many aspects.

Learning anything is never lost, even if you never practically adopt it into your operation.

Do only the "truly passionate" attend?
                        Yes they attend. Its plain to see. They are the ones carrying those Input Capital pails.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                          Yes they attend. Its plain to see. They are the ones carrying those Input Capital pails.
                          Ahh yes, the infamous iconic "Bail Pail"....for when you're in over your head!
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 12, 2019, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                            Thing that pisses me off at these shows is the reps are more concerned about how many acres you farm then your name, where your from or what you grow. They only care about the BTOs.
                            They usually pass out passes to all the retailers, not one my way got any. Guess all these mergers are costing more than they figured.
                            I met a couple cousins last year we had a great visit about our farms, I didn’t care to discuss how big or small they are, was just nice to meet some new people. Yes, after a couple hrs the topic did come up, but all parties didn’t feel it was the “important” thing to discuss.
                            Hope to see them again this year.
                            Those initial questions are a method of qualifying a potential customer. Those companies have spent good money to have a display and they intend to gather strong leads and/or sales for a return on that investment.
                            Another strategy is “put your name in to our draw for a prize”. Ultimately the company chooses their winner. This allows them to follow up with the attendee which, through conversation was strongest, most qualified/interested visitor to their display.
                            I have witnessed the opposite extreme where an attendee has pre printed contact information on sticky label sheets for efficient applying into every single draw offered at the show in case they can “get” / win something for free. They are so preoccupied with submitting to the draw, they dont even make eye contact with the representatives.
                            End of day, that ticket goes into the garbage.

Comment

Always wondered about those carrying input capital pails.
                              Are they proud of being associated with it or are the the only ones willing to carry the pails?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.