• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Balances The Budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting most lefties in Western Canada always support Quebec and Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Except they aren't - it's a switching of welfare back to big oil instead of the poorest in society. Same old, same old Alberta Advantage = Corporate welfare.
      I have various thoughts on this Grassfarmer. Back when Getty was elected in 1986 Alberta's oil patch had been decimated by P.E.T.'s National energy program and as a way of attracting investment back to Alberta he lowered energy royalties. Today oil investment has left Alberta again this time it is a combination of factors like lower oil prices, Canada's absolute inability to increase our oil export capabilies, carbon taxes, emissions regulations on and on. Kenney's response was to lower corporate taxes and to try and remove red tape to attract investment back. The re-election of Justin Trudeau has poured cold water on that. I think Albertan's need to pull their collective heads out of their butts and realize that we need a tax regime that allows us to pay for our government services and put some energy royalties away in savings for future generations. Spending every last dime and then some has to end. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        I see one cut they made was de-indexing AISH benefits from inflation. So the handicapped recipients of AISH that are currently struggling to pay rent and have food on their table are going to be allowed to fall even further behind. Way to go Kenny - Making Alberta Great Again.
        I have a sister in law on Aish, she had bought a brand new condo in Calgary a couple years back, eats out lots, goes to the bar lots, has a fairly new car, money doesn't seem to be an issue, hasn't worked since she got out of university. No reason she couldnt work and Aish actually let's you earn some money on the side without clawbacks. Lots of complimentary programs for low income in society if they go looking. Drug plans, transit passes, food banks, heck I found out you can get into attractions like the zoo or science center for free if you qualify but costs me a hundred bucks to take my family.

Everyone likes to jump on Kenney but something has to be done, everywhere you look there is absolute waste of government money. How those departments deal with any cutbacks will determine the success. Likely there will be casualties and cuts to the wrong spots, ultimately because the decision making management will not cut their own salary and perks or look for inefficiencies but will sacrafice the frontline workers. An outsider from each department should be the ones looking into the budgets to make those cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          I have a sister in law on Aish, she had bought a brand new condo in Calgary a couple years back, eats out lots, goes to the bar lots, has a fairly new car, money doesn't seem to be an issue, hasn't worked since she got out of university. No reason she couldnt work and Aish actually let's you earn some money on the side without clawbacks. Lots of complimentary programs for low income in society if they go looking. Drug plans, transit passes, food banks, heck I found out you can get into attractions like the zoo or science center for free if you qualify but costs me a hundred bucks to take my family.

Everyone likes to jump on Kenney but something has to be done, everywhere you look there is absolute waste of government money. How those departments deal with any cutbacks will determine the success. Likely there will be casualties and cuts to the wrong spots, ultimately because the decision making management will not cut their own salary and perks or look for inefficiencies but will sacrafice the frontline workers. An outsider from each department should be the ones looking into the budgets to make those cuts.
          For a start I would like to see your sister as financial minister,anyone that can do that on 1588$/mo is the person to have in charge of the purse strings. I have a daughter on aish also and if I didnt help out she would likely be on the street.
          As for roll backs who gave those kinds on wages,the con gov the NDs never gave any increases,there may be programs and spending that are desagreealbe but the fact remains they enharated most from 40 yr missmanagement from the cons. As long as you good cons keep making excuses for them things will never get better.

Kenny doid something ,he gave billions to corps thousands to fly buddys to stampede,he has tryed to blame the NDs for all our woes but its time he did something positive. One thing would be to end %increases in wages,put a upper limit on each job(if you want more do more)not just because you stayed another yr. The crown land leases are still a welfare gift to those who have them(guessing mostly con voters) Regulations andchain of command need overhauled.
          Mostly no matter your political stripe when you see something DUMB point it out dontjust let it go.

Comment

Horse you are pretty quick to blame the cons also. It doesn't matter who did what, everyone is so blinded by ideology that they cant see the forest for the trees. You basically said that too but you still had to bring politics into it. Bottom line nothing is free in this world and you cant spend more than you bring in. Let's fix the problem not point the fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Interesting most lefties in Western Canada always support Quebec and Trudeau.

so if Fort Mac got fed up and made their own province or the Backin field was it's own province?How would the map look then?

Comment

sure helps for payments if there is a lot of french in the area by the look of that map
                NB had a pretty good oil patch going on , still on the tit also?

Comment

anyways , if anyone can make ANY sense out of one province being on the tit since day one, NEVER MISSING A YEAR, other than being whining , entitled , (me , myself and I only) assholes, please make your point?

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                    Oh but they did give a Lower Corp tax rate to companies like Husky. This saved Husky 260 Million. And they then Layed Off a bunch of workers WTF!!
                    I think 260 million dollars is a huge exaggeration. Where do you find that figure. Plus the Husky layoffs happen before the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                      For a start I would like to see your sister as financial minister,anyone that can do that on 1588$/mo is the person to have in charge of the purse strings. I have a daughter on aish also and if I didnt help out she would likely be on the street.
                      As for roll backs who gave those kinds on wages,the con gov the NDs never gave any increases,there may be programs and spending that are desagreealbe but the fact remains they enharated most from 40 yr missmanagement from the cons. As long as you good cons keep making excuses for them things will never get better.

Kenny doid something ,he gave billions to corps thousands to fly buddys to stampede,he has tryed to blame the NDs for all our woes but its time he did something positive. One thing would be to end %increases in wages,put a upper limit on each job(if you want more do more)not just because you stayed another yr. The crown land leases are still a welfare gift to those who have them(guessing mostly con voters) Regulations andchain of command need overhauled.
                      Mostly no matter your political stripe when you see something DUMB point it out dontjust let it go.
                      I agree on the AISH thing Horse. My wife is legal guardian to a handicapped individual in AB that's on AISH. Close to $1000 rent for a 2 bedroom apartment by the time you take that out then $100 a week for groceries you're left with under $200 a month for everything else - clothes, entertainment, insurance etc some of these handicapped people are tough on clothes, electronics, apartments etc. Nothing left in the budget for holidays or anything like that. It sounds like GDR's relative is a much less handicapped person which makes me wonder how they qualify for the same entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        anyways , if anyone can make ANY sense out of one province being on the tit since day one, NEVER MISSING A YEAR, other than being whining , entitled , (me , myself and I only) assholes, please make your point?
                        How much oil is right around you.Maybe your area has been always getting supported by other areas of the province.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                          so if Fort Mac got fed up and made their own province or the Backin field was it's own province?How would the map look then?
                          You Liberals sure like to defend Quebec for some reason.

This is the current reality:

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            You Liberals sure like to defend Quebec for some reason.

This is the current reality:

I am not defending Quebec.Just saying if you do not have oil in your back yard you may also be in a have not area just like Quebec.

Comment

Comment

If you're in a difficult relationship in your personal life. A single parent getting railroaded by their teenager.
                                Or a spouse who gets ignored, bullied or gaslighted constantly. Or constantly taken to the whipping post by the legal system.
                                How long do you wait for them to leave?
                                Or do you take action to protect yourself?
                                Central Canada can go **** itself immediately. As someone who has experienced all of the above, I'm beyond done with this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.