• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBF3413A-810A-4A76-B07D-429C5B616AF8_1_105_c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	779225

Well after sitting for almost two weeks. We are throwing in the towel on Harvest 2019. The drive to Calgary/Red Deer opened up our eyes that Both Sask and Alberta and Manitoba ag departments are full of shit. A large amount of crop is still out in the fields and with the snow in the mountains and now foothills covering whole fields hiding swaths its time to admit defeat.

**** if it got to plus 20 for four days the snow would still be in the #2 corridor.

Want to see what happens to standing canola with wet snow, yea its really nice. Also,
    swaths did blow apart in that wind storm.

So with snow to the north/West and East even if we have min on the crop it's done. The next 7 to 10 look ugly and cold and -21 as I write this.

Our area east central is hooped. Most guys just into their canola some have none off. Lots of wheat and oats and barley out.

We did manage to get to 73% but big deal its a defeat. Mother nature won this year and won big.

Funny it could have been our highest yielder yet.

We did look in Alberta at some Swath turners for hay but very aggressive on the pickup. This would be to turn the swath and get the snow off. Slow the pickup down.

Finally, we booked a harvest crew to take it in spring. Guys will run our three and well supply semis and bins.

Looked at our Crap insurance. HAHAHAHAH

Looked at Ag STab HAHAHAHAH

Talked to the private insurance guys and yea nothing really would come. Because they are basing their payments on your long term Margin. Real tough if last 10 you had one awesome because it finally stopped raining.

So again ag is failed by mother nature because Gov and private want the check but never deliver on the goods.

So have a great winter.

Remember its just a crop that they will tell you in spring its spring threshed so we have to add some more deductions.

Watch your neighbours talk.

Watch your neighbours talk.

About what ...or are they too licking their lips at reducing the workloads of others....

Comment

No bucket mental health. In our area I can list who’s done on one hand.

Red deer was a good show.

Sad went for supper on Monday in Calgary and no hostess and only 21 at a very good eating place and that included the staff.

It’s slow.

Hotel was 100 less than last year for suit.

They sang oh Canada at the show every one stood proud and heard a **** Trudeau after the song ended

Comment

Comment

Mental health that can be directly correlated to financial health....

I don't think farmers overspend when you consider the conditions they have been given....but it can sure go backwards fast when a harvest like this shows up...

Youngings around here can't figure out where all the money went that their parents must have had since it was so easy to do between 2012 and 2018....they might find out what a year like this can do to a savings account....prices down , tough grain isn't moving....yields off a bit....

Point being while the conservatives and everyone talks about oil and gas ....agriculture is being forgotten...that isn't a good path forward....

Comment

Oh, I agree with AG is Forgotten.

The guy from Sask ag and food stands in a field harvested outside the city and says we got to 91% so we're all basically done. WTF.

East central is hit like a brick shovel in the head yet no mention.

So yea I have a million in the field and it sucks. Actually sucks real bad.

Some won't recover from this shit show that is for sure.

Ag biggest ****ing joke ever.

Comment

Saskfarmer, you should have took a tour west of Hwy 2. Its a very distinct dividing line in harvest progress. It always is, always earlier and drier on the east side. Good land both sides but the couple miles either way seems to make a big difference. East is also bigger farms and west is more mixed farming guys. Most guys east are down to their last couple fields, most guys west have only done a couple fields, 10 miles apart.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Well after sitting for almost two weeks. We are throwing in the towel on Harvest 2019. The drive to Calgary/Red Deer opened up our eyes that Both Sask and Alberta and Manitoba ag departments are full of shit.
                So did you get lost or how were you able to assess the Manitoba situation on your drive from SK to AB?

I don't think the Nov 5th MB crop report for my area is unrealistic.
                http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/crops/seasonal-reports/pubs/crop-report-2019-11-05.pdf http://https://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/crops/seasonal-reports/pubs/crop-report-2019-11-05.pdf

While on their site I found their FAQ about the difficult harvest interesting. Maybe explains why some guys have sat on their hands while others have harvested nearly everything.

Q. "I am concerned that the quality of my unharvested crop has deteriorated and is not worth harvesting. Do I have to harvest?"

A. "Start by contacting your MASC Office. An Adjustor will inspect your field. It may be helpful if you are prepared to harvest a representative strip of your crop. This will help the adjustor determine the yield potential and provide a sample that can be graded. The yield potential of your crop, including adjustments for quality, will be used to calculate your claim if you choose not to harvest your crop. In any event, it is your decision whether you harvest or not."

Comment

Yea did notice that east of the highway more done and west off the highway way more

Comment

Oh boo hoo you wanna be Canadian farmer. Just look and talk to people. But you know everything

Comment

Neighbor combing canola as we chat. Skimming over standing canola which has been laid flat by snow. Trying to avoid rocks. I have no idea of the moisture but it sure is cold!

Comment

Yep tried early today -20 and we’re done. To much snow. It flows through well but still so much ice in tank drying would be insane. 2019 is over.

[IMG]https://www.agriville.com/upload_image/uploades/medium/3951573146864.jpg[/

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Oh, I agree with AG is Forgotten.

The guy from Sask ag and food stands in a field harvested outside the city and says we got to 91% so we're all basically done. WTF.

East central is hit like a brick shovel in the head yet no mention.

So yea I have a million in the field and it sucks. Actually sucks real bad.

Some won't recover from this shit show that is for sure.

Ag biggest ****ing joke ever.
                          BUT.... AgMoreThanEver!!!

Comment

Yep 👍.

Even the Hutts didn’t seem that happy.

Had to prove to myself early at sunrise if it worked or not. Picks nice feeds nice even chops well. Grain tank still way to much snow and neighbour tried drying bottom pure mush. Lots called it today.

She’s done.

Comment

Non ideal is what should show up on the TV everytime Trudeau opens his mouth.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.