• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westernvicki some light reading be of interest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The position of power is called taking a stand. We have ag associations who represent every sector, attend every conference are part of the negotations, they need to be called to task.

Comment

Saskwheat appears to be taking the viewpoint that neither proposed seed tax options benefit the farmer.
      It is quite apparent that the deck is stacked to fill wallets of seed company investors for a problem that doesn’t exist.

Comment

On this forum ...would it be fair to say the majority is against a seed tax?

Farmers have had 130 million plus taken from their farms through the CGC and its questionable as to what they do....they don't grade my grain....they grade graincos grain because once I open my slides ...its the graincos responsibility and they own it ...not me....but somehow I pay the fees on grading grain at the ports when it isn't even my grain....

The WGRF has a 180 million plus sitting there from excess rail freight on grain movement that has resulted in massive problems moving grain....

The SaskEverythings have checkoffed 100's of millions of dollars to the so called benefit of farmers ...

And yet we have no voice ....and those so called benefits of those listed above whether its the CGC , wgrf, railways or Saskeverything hasn't made the bills any easier to pay from their so called "benefitting the farmer".....

We as farmers are becoming easier targets to extract money from because no one says just **** off....

And yet I sit and watch the Auto sector get billions written off ...their bills have got easier to pay

I watch AGT and partners buy a used railway and their rehabilitation bills on the churchill rail line were very easy to pay ....because as a taxpayer you paid the bill..... plus the 15 million a year subsidy to Omnitrax prior to that....and Omnitrax did SFA ....

I watch Trudeau download costs far greater than the seed tax down to farmers without even recognizing farmers are helping with the problem ...he and Mckenna have expropriated our contributions to the climate change hoax....

every day I ask myself why do this farming thing when everyone takes advantage of you on every possible thing related to farming....Fuel and fertilizer are both made in Saskatchewan ....sure everyone says phos comes from the states.... on a backhaul.... very few fertilizer cars leave saskatchewan empty...

Just a rant this cold morning ....

Comment

Top Varieties of Barley in Sask in 2017:

Copeland - registered in 1999 - 22.5% insured acres
          Metcalfe - registered in 1997 - 21.3 % insured acres

Why did our farm send thousands of $ to Sask Barley when we're still seeding a 20 year old variety?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Top Varieties of Barley in Sask in 2017:

Copeland - registered in 1999 - 22.5% insured acres
            Metcalfe - registered in 1997 - 21.3 % insured acres

Why did our farm send thousands of $ to Sask Barley when we're still seeding a 20 year old variety?
            so the directors could go on trips
            and it will cost money to change the names of these two varieties and derigister these old ones so seed tax can be applied

Comment

Barley is an example of functionality dictating the variety.

I agree the majority do not want a seed tax. My point is this, I expect it is coming, I expect we have no choice.

Negotiate the best deal for producers.

Otherwise my guess is we will get nothing but a higher cost of seed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...