• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow the Wish Book is Out "RB Auction tomorrow in Saskatoon"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    ....just think, dumped at auction with no warranty implied and..... wait for it!!!!... ENTER PARTS COUNTER! We all know where the price of parts have gone so if they give up some margin on the sale of the used iron they will bend you over the parts counter! Service anyone?
    Parts and service is where the real money is. Making money on an equipment sale is just a bonus. Where are you going to get the parts for the 680 you buy at Ritchie? Peavey mart or princess auto? Never mind what if there is electrical issues or computer problems then it's service department laptop!

Comment

Yup..sk_wheatking....the important part is the "brand" is in the field.

Comment

Remember If you buy from RB you will be at the bottom of the service list though.
        The customers who pay the extra 50 grand will be ahead of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Remember If you buy from RB you will be at the bottom of the service list though.
          The customers who pay the extra 50 grand will be ahead of you.
          That’s what creeps me out with buying at auction. Seen this at a dealership I buy most of my stuff from. Guys buy privately or auction to find some gremlins then phone the dealer. My dealer will help them out but you know full well they cringe a bit. It’s a double edge sword. They have to take care of their customers but if they don’t accommodate same brand iron from non customers they might not gain a new customer. It’s about the experience of owning a certain brand. A good dealer makes or breaks that. There’s a plethora of nh and Massey dealers but most equipment is jd or case because of that. Case got their shit together and it shows here.

Comment

What dealer in their right mind would turn down business? I can see them prioritizing dealer bought iron over auction iron but at the end.of the day a paying customer is a paying customer. Maybe the auction buyer is even less "demanding"(and willing to kiss a little ass) than the other guy who thinks he needs his ass kissed. Not saying the dealers don't have a duty of service to their sales customers though.

Sandbox(play) farming doesn't garner alot of attention in the Slum of the Ghetto. We're not the center of the Universe.

Comment

I will say it Case is moving ahead in strides with its way of doing business. Deere with one dealer one problem is not working but hey mother corp knows best.

Comment

The smart dealers are holding sales commission on the new one till the trade in is sold.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                  The smart dealers are holding sales commission on the new one till the trade in is sold.
                  Long time to wait.
                  Some combines never harvested last yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Long time to wait.
                    Some combines never harvested last yr.
                    Because they made the trade too sweet and it is unsellable - a consideration on sale day that would have been taken into account if they knew the commission also would have waited a year or more.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      No wonder every dealer is looking for new sales staff. Only need to pull that stunt once.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        No wonder every dealer is looking for new sales staff. Only need to pull that stunt once.
                        I suppose you can call it a stunt, but then you probably don't understand a balance sheet either.

Comment

Big company's want to make Big money..
                          Not pennies like us farmers.

Comment

Oh but farming is such a lucrative job.

Headers here headers for-sale pay big bucks.

Yea three honey bees for under a hundred thousand and don't even have to give ours up.

Sell the swather campaign worked their worthless till guess what the newest invention swathing wheat hurry stupid mr farmer buy buy buy.

Its such a game.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.