• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fiddle while Rome burns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seed game is getting out of hand.
    Thank you for keeping us updated.

By the way Tom. How did you manage to build a new shop so close to the road allowance in the first place? Your house likely grandfathered. Appears your well within the 50m setback. Front shop doors within a semi length of the shoulder. Does that count as more than one approach? Who laid the gravel on the Queen's shoulder? Someone screwed up there.
    Unless you bought a right of way from the Queen, your at risk of any future development requirements within that road allowance. What did your permit say before you built it? You better hope they don't need to cut a ditch lol.
    I don't care but you can huck a frozen turkey out the shop door and it would land in the middle of the road.
    With such a big yard,it appears diligence was lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
      Tom sounds like you need to spend a little more and
      Pay your NFU membership fees.
      Now that you have finally converted and saw the light.
      After pushing this agenda the last 25 years.

I told you, years ago just like canola , all the other breeders will be eliminated.
      ( and it does not matter, what that costs, because we shall pay for it , not them)

After you the wheat growers ,Harper and Ritz layed
      The groundwork for this .
      To come on here and blame the
      Liberals ,come on.
      (Not that I think they will save us anyway)

What bizarro world do you exist
      In?
      Harper and Ritz are simply bought off politicians.
      That is what they do.
      We expect that.
      But you are supposed to be one of us . Not selling us out.

It is a little late to repent
      At this point.
      After all you have done for
      The mega seed corporation's.
      And then they spit you out.
      Kinda fitting and
      Pretty funny .
      Sawfly,

I grant you the pessimist outcome is ours to grant the power elite if you choose.

I am not laughing even if you enjoy your fellow farmer's Capital Assets being confiscated through the loss of farmer control of our seeds in Canada. Become a CSGA farmer member... and

Vote NO to the NSO

Your choice... your have the right to say Yes to the Seed Synergy Utopia monopoly... and grant license to the 'value creation' trial ballon...but do not blame me... if doing nothing gets you nothing more than a chuckle and I told you so.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        The seed game is getting out of hand.
        Thank you for keeping us updated.

By the way Tom. How did you manage to build a new shop so close to the road allowance in the first place? Your house likely grandfathered. Appears your well within the 50m setback. Front shop doors within a semi length of the shoulder. Does that count as more than one approach? Who laid the gravel on the Queen's shoulder? Someone screwed up there.
        Unless you bought a right of way from the Queen, your at risk of any future development requirements within that road allowance. What did your permit say before you built it? You better hope they don't need to cut a ditch lol.
        I don't care but you can huck a frozen turkey out the shop door and it would land in the middle of the road.
        With such a big yard,it appears diligence was lacking.
        I applied for and was granted a County development permit before the re-build within as close to the previous shop foundation footprint as possible for our proper replacement farm shop foundation rebuild after the 'partial loss' fire damaged our pre-existing farm shop. Our yard level is at grade for 300+ feet... and the Queens gravel is on the County road... and my gravel on the approach with proper ditch slopes finishing drop offs to ditch levels for correct water drainage...
        Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 22, 2020, 16:15.

Comment

I am not enjoying it. At all
          I told you how it would play out.
          You just would not listen

I googled the CSGA , and the directors are all your boys.
          Alberta fed of ag. FP GENETICS, AND Wheat growers association. Laurie Wakefield , pretty sure all Good conservatives.

It sounds like the sell out is theirs and your own
          Doing.
          They are going for the contracts , so farmers will never
          Own their seed. ( kiss it goodbye)
          Plus the voteing structure , is changing to enable a corporate takeover. ( so yes , your done )
          I never saw any new federal government initiative's
          To make this happen.
          Yet you are trying to pin this on the liberal's.

It is exactly what you have worked for all these years.

I feel for you that you were not invited to the victory
          Party.
          Remember, it is a corporate event and no farmers/ victims , Will be invited.

Comment

I am not enjoying it. At all
            I told you how it would play out.
            You just would not listen

I googled the CSGA , and the directors are all your boys.
            Alberta fed of ag. FP GENETICS, AND Wheat growers association. Laurie Wakefield , pretty sure all Good conservatives.

It sounds like the sell out is theirs and your own
            Doing.
            They are going for the contracts , so farmers will never
            Own their seed. ( kiss it goodbye)
            Plus the voteing structure , is changing to enable a corporate takeover. ( so yes , your done )
            I never saw any new federal government initiative's
            To make this happen.
            Yet you are trying to pin this on the liberal's.

It is exactly what you have worked for all these years.

I feel for you that you were not invited to the victory
            Party.
            Remember, it is a corporate event and no farmers/ victims , Will be invited.
            If you choose this to be your desired end to farmer's growers seed control.. and pass your rights under the Canada Seeds Act to the Corporate Industry SeedSynergy utopia... and do not lift a finger to call the bluff of the Seed Trade,,, then that is your choice not mine. I have given full disclosure apparently you really do not care... and are happy to buy the seed industry bluff;

And as you willingly cede your democratic and financial assets as a farmer to the NSO SeedSynergy Utopia... the responsibility is squarely yours alone. Informed consent.

Cheers

Comment

Tom

Is this a legislative change where the MPs have to approve a new bill for it to happen?

Or does the seed industry have the authority to do it on their own?

And why are the conservative MPs not listening to farmers on this?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Tom

Is this a legislative change where the MPs have to approve a new bill for it to happen?

Or does the seed industry have the authority to do it on their own?

And why are the conservative MPs not listening to farmers on this?
                Bucket,

The answer is my MP Damien Kurik for BattleRiver Crowfoot is well aware of this SeedSynergy NSO trial balloon... and a number of us Pedigreed CSGA Seed Grower members in this constituency have alerted MP Damien to our concerns and multiple objections. The CSGA can modernize without being absorbed by the Seed Trade... by MOU... which a number of CSGA members have been advocating for years. This is a bluff.

This NSO SeedSynergy 'project' will require changes to the Canada Seeds Act... which will require parliamentary changes to the Canada Seeds Act.

Call your MP... let your voice be heard.

Comment

Tom it is all your own doing.
                  When I do stupid things.
                  I beat myself up , mope around,
                  Hide in the basement, till I have
                  Suffered enough.

You on the other hand , have a
                  Different painless method.
                  Blame it on Trudeau.
                  ( lots of things to blame Trudeau for , but this is not one of them)

This is all in the conservatives
                  And your lap.

In ten years when all public
                  Breeding is gone , CSGA is gone.
                  When 3 big corporations lease you the right to
                  Plant your own seed production every year.

Canola seed 120$/acre ,wheat 40$
                  (Probably low)
                  All the old ones are delisted, so you are stuck.

Think of all those poor landlords getting rent chiseled
                  Down.
                  Think of land values falling.
                  Got to get the $ somewhere,
                  And that is the only place left.
                  Right.
                  The consumer, well they will
                  Pay too.

Thanks a lot.
                  I am sure Bayer thanks you too.

Comment

Tom it is all your own doing.
                    When I do stupid things.
                    I beat myself up , mope around,
                    Hide in the basement, till I have
                    Suffered enough.

You on the other hand , have a
                    Different painless method.
                    Blame it on Trudeau.
                    ( lots of things to blame Trudeau for , but this is not one of them)

This is all in the conservatives
                    And your lap.

In ten years when all public
                    Breeding is gone , CSGA is gone.
                    When 3 big corporations lease you the right to
                    Plant your own seed production every year.

Canola seed 120$/acre ,wheat 40$
                    (Probably low)
                    All the old ones are delisted, so you are stuck.

Think of all those poor landlords getting rent chiseled
                    Down.
                    Think of land values falling.
                    Got to get the $ somewhere,
                    And that is the only place left.
                    Right.
                    The consumer, well they will
                    Pay too.

Thanks a lot.
                    I am sure Bayer thanks you too.
                    Sawfly,

You can blame the man in the moon if you like... it will do about as much as blaming me,

I was elected over 2 years ago... by seed growers in Alberta... to oppose 'value creation and seed synergy'

I have worked to bring responsible change, to our Canadian Seeds Act; that brings value to all Canadian farmers and Agriculture, and respects the investments each sector [Farmers, and Seed Trade/Plant Breeders alike], have made.

Ask Crop Life Canada and the Seed Companies how much they like me... either denial or a stern frown as they met me at CSGA AGM's or Special CSGA Meetings to challenge confiscation of Farmers Seed privileges. Phone Lorne Hadley of CPTA who enforces UPOV 91... ask what Tom Jackson stood for in these meetings... i stood for your farmer saved Seeds privileges.

In Quebec Feb 18th Special CSGA Meeting it was Claude Lapoint a director from CSI and Past President of the Seed Trade CSTA... that told Quebec and CSGA members CFIA and Ag Canada were responsible for this. CFIA and Ag Canada were not even there at the meeting... even though they had a statutory obligation to be at this CSGA special meeting in Quebec Feb 18

Cheers
                    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 22, 2020, 19:58.

Comment

Tom ..... majority of seed growers were in favour of UPOV at the beginning
                      I agree with Sawfly , you got what you wished for. Most thought it was a big payday, most on here called it from day one ...... the big boys were just sitting in the weeds waiting to take control.
                      It was easy to see coming if you never had the blinders on
                      No different than where most new policies are headed .... take control from the existing structure and leave the rest as bottom feeders

Comment

Wow, over 5 years ago....
                        https://www.agriville.com/threads/21678-the-future-looks-good-for-seed-companies https://www.agriville.com/threads/21678-the-future-looks-good-for-seed-companies

Comment

I'll say it again, this is Big Pharma.

They don't look at this as so many dollars per acre they look at it as how many BILLION dollars can we take out of this industry.

Don't worry about how much the growers or the bureaucrats or the CSTA gets as that's all nickles and dimes.

Flood BoBo's twitter with "Don't let big Pharma screw Canada".

Comment

I am sure Bayer thanks you too.[/QUOTE]

I am sure they are NOT Sawfly.

By the way Sawfly,

The Liberal government can easily give notice under UPOV and easily remove UPOV 91... for all future varieties going forward. This is much more than a Conservative 'ghost',,,

Easily remedied... but the NSO is obviously and actually Liberal policy ... that would be easy to change in a minority Canadian parliament. Quebec has major reservations about the NSO... as do Alberta Seed Growers at the AGM Feb 7th passed many resolutions questioning the wisdom of the NSO Seed Synergy Utopia led by Industry.

This NSO bluff is in no way over or settled... talk to your MP... the Liberals have not even started on legislative changes to the many statutes that would need to be legislatively changed.

Comment

This goes through, I am done grain farming. Will be moving on to plan B.

Comment

There were more than a few seed farms pop up the last few years to take advantage of UPOV ..... not so handy now .
                                Tom , spin it anyway you want , this was coming the minute it was enacted, no different than signing the Paris Accord, the sheep are about to get slaughtered.
                                For those who can’t see past their own nose .. should have opened your eyes past the b/s from day one ..... there is always an agenda to this shit , and it will never be in the average Joe’s interest ever .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.