• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our place
    One field taken out and changed over to barley as I was worried we might run late with the invigor if reseeded that late at that location, one field left alone as we hoped we had enough plant population, it is trying but will be thin in spots, will likely be 10-15 maybe 20 bushels less than the fields of 340 that emerged better . One other field we did an experiment were we assessed plant population and variable rated more seed in at a 3.5 mph very shallow about 2 inches to the side into very moist nice conditions with about 750 on the packer pressure but 340 not 345 . quite interesting to see how little of the emerged seedling canola beside it we hurt. 3/4 inch knives mid rows locked up. Will be late but we will see.

Very little response ( ok none) from BASF I tracked down the rep and he claimed another rep had been assigned the file and had been out to see it but has he?
    He said no question there was an issue but they are struggling to figure it out as it was many different varieties, but didn't argue when I asked if we would never hear the name Vercoras again. He started down the flea beetle road but I told him how proactive we had been and how lumiderm was also on many of the acres. He wasn't going to win that one.

I think they are sitting back hoping that the crops will recover enough from the impacts of the vigor problems and they can skate.
    Would not want to be a BASF rep at Agritrade in Nov. if they don't step up and show some ownership but whether they will is another question.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
      What ever happened to all those crappy fields of 345???

Filled in, gonna make something??

Sprayed out, and replanted??

Worked down for green manure??

Chemfallowed for next year??

Pastured??

How about an update,,,

Settlement with seed co.?
      BASF rep reached out today. Head office doing a press release / announcement this week. No elaboration from head office to rep what is in said announcement. 🤨 Our 343Pc struggled badly with slow patchy emergence, flea beetle carnage , and stage stall. It’s trying to fill in and pod up now, but I can’t think it will bust 30 bu per acre. 50 bu pretty normal here.

Comment

I heard an interesting rumour today that AFSC was considering what to do if producers are in a claim position on canola and Basf becomes the common thread. Could keep lawyers busy on both sides. Lots of unhappy farmers. Lots of canola crops that appeared to stand still for weeks.

Comment

Most larger farmers have a good field of another variety to average out and will be just above a claim position. BTO neighbor, who usually has fairly good crops has crappy canola across the road from me. Up the road 2 miles, they have canola that looks quite good so AFSC does not have to worry too much.

Comment

Crop insurance should have no worries about canola yields this year unless Jack Frost makes a early appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wink73 View Post
              BASF rep reached out today. Head office doing a press release / announcement this week. No elaboration from head office to rep what is in said announcement. 🤨 Our 343Pc struggled badly with slow patchy emergence, flea beetle carnage , and stage stall. It’s trying to fill in and pod up now, but I can’t think it will bust 30 bu per acre. 50 bu pretty normal here.
              Seems their press release information is about as dependable as their seed.

Comment

Thought it was time for a post harvest update, have had 2 contacts from BASF one from a third party one from a basf employee both asking the same questions , the basf employee cLaimed he'd been in the canola in question when asked his opinion he changed the subject , I doubt he was anywhere near the fields.
                Onto harvest results on the 320 acre "test " field the l340 with lumiderm and vercoras was the top performer, followed by the l345 with lumiderm and vercoras about 5 bushels lower then the l345 with straight vercoras which was dismal 13 bushels lighter.
                Best move I made all year was removing the staight vecoras acres and seeding bly on them .
                As we all know by now basf is removing vercoras from the marketplace, yet when questioned the basf rep just blew smoke and used the out of a abundance of caution line he'd been told to say.
                So oct 1 and no offer from basf for the poor seed quality and performance in 2022 , afsc rep I know said that a great percentage of bug damage or seeding issue claim this spring had an L in front of the same 3 numbers and that they are watching things very closely. They'll be writing this farm a cheque because of the issues we had this year would have been a lot bigger but I wasn't going to watch those other fields suffer all year and switched them out.
                No matter what we will be going away from all invigor in 23 , and there will be different products replacing basf products where we can. Innoculants, liberty alternatives etc. And based on talking with the local pioneer rep I'm sure not the only one around here doing that.
                I will say the L340 we had did ok both on dryland and irrigation it had lumiderm and vercoras I had it last year across the road under a pivot and last year's with prosper was better yield wise and the canola acted very different this year being taller not as long of pods and a different pod colour at ripening which I noticed , the neighbours had l233 on irrigation and it did OK they did say the pioneer variety they had did 15 bushels better but the pod shatter was worse which we know it is, we had a very benign fall here wind wise this year and that allowed those weaker pod varieties to make it through to straight cut without loses.
                Last edited by mcfarms; Oct 1, 2022, 07:14.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                  Thought it was time for a post harvest update, have had 2 contacts from BASF one from a third party one from a basf employee both asking the same questions , the basf employee cLaimed he'd been in the canola in question when asked his opinion he changed the subject , I doubt he was anywhere near the fields.
                  Onto harvest results on the 320 acre "test " field the l340 with lumiderm and vercoras was the top performer, followed by the l345 with lumiderm and vercoras about 5 bushels lower then the l345 with straight vercoras which was dismal 13 bushels lighter.
                  Best move I made all year was removing the staight vecoras acres and seeding bly on them .
                  As we all know by now basf is removing vercoras from the marketplace, yet when questioned the basf rep just blew smoke and used the out of a abundance of caution line he'd been told to say.
                  So oct 1 and no offer from basf for the poor seed quality and performance in 2022 , afsc rep I know said that a great percentage of bug damage or seeding issue claim this spring had an L in front of the same 3 numbers and that they are watching things very closely. They'll be writing this farm a cheque because of the issues we had this year would have been a lot bigger but I wasn't going to watch those other fields suffer all year and switched them out.
                  No matter what we will be going away from all invigor in 23 , and there will be different products replacing basf products where we can. Innoculants, liberty alternatives etc. And based on talking with the local pioneer rep I'm sure not the only one around here doing that.
                  I will say the L340 we had did ok both on dryland and irrigation it had lumiderm and vercoras I had it last year across the road under a pivot and last year's with prosper was better yield wise and the canola acted very different this year being taller not as long of pods and a different pod colour at ripening which I noticed , the neighbours had l233 on irrigation and it did OK they did say the pioneer variety they had did 15 bushels better but the pod shatter was worse which we know it is, we had a very benign fall here wind wise this year and that allowed those weaker pod varieties to make it through to straight cut without loses.
                  In my area the highest yielding crop was a neighbour’s field up the road. L345 with lumiderm. On cultivated land with manure spread on it. About 25 bushels per acre back were a couple of other neighbours with L345 one with prosper(suspicious he was sold 2 year old seed, could be wrong) and L345 with vercoras at the lower end of the yield spectrum. Regardless it seems Basf is oblivious, raising the price of their products and changing seed treatments as if nothing has happened.

Comment

Now chewing through our Invigors. The 356 looked crappy from the start with poor germ and uneven the whole year. The rains brought it along and ended up ok. The 345 looked ok all the way along. 233 never looks as good but the yields hang in there. havent done the 340 yet.
                    From what I have heard, we won't see vercoras treaments in western canada for next year. I feel that this was the culprit more than anything.

Comment

Canada needs a Farm Ombudsman to look into these matters and effectively look for compensation .

It doesn't matter if it is:

1. Farm machinery
                      2. Seed
                      3. Contracts
                      4. Add to list

Why are farmers always schmoozed over with bullshit.

In the last two years there have been issues with seed. Why not a comprehensive compensation for all farmers affected without have to call Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Why are farmers always schmoozed over with bullshit.?
                        The Invigours have a lock on pod shatter even with other faults like lazy emergence. Other wise we would be looking for alternatives.

My rough stand of 233 straightened out quite a bit and is yielding just under 50.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...