• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
    Thanks they didn't tell us that but a friend in the industry had told us that.
    I've never had anything like this happen in decades of farming and I frankly have no idea if BASF will own this or not. I do know I couldn't look at as many acres of that crap as I've got all summer and the field we pulled needs organic matter on it after peas 2 years ago and last year's drought.
    There was big problems with that 340 and 345 starting already last year. One variety had high green count on our neighbors land and it was harvested dead last waiting for it to cure. The other variety apparently didnt make 20 bu when the 233s and 357s were making 50bu.

So they put it right back on the market. Figures.

Comment

99sc looking fine to..

Comment

This really sucks! For the money we pay for that crap seed its sickening that it won't grow.

Used to be we would pay a $1.00 per lb. or $55.00 for a treated 25kg bag and that cheap seed would jump out of the ground in 3-4 days and grow. Hardly ever sprayed flea beetles back then neither.

Canola has turned into one big scam!

Comment

It’s your money , there are lots of good options to Invigour out there , send them a message next year when your buy your seed ….. and chem

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            It’s your money , there are lots of good options to Invigour out there , send them a message next year when your buy your seed ….. and chem
            100% agree however that doesn't help or cover a guy for this yr's eventual hit he will take. And the free hat won't cut it.

FYI I don't grow invigor but still doesn't sit right.

Comment

Only problem is if you grow Pioneer or Dekalb
              It will really make the unvigour look bad

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Only problem is if you grow Pioneer or Dekalb
                It will really make the unvigour look bad
                Well spraying out volunteer canola in the durum today says to me their pod shatter isnt all its cracked up to be.

Comment

Neighbour has some pretty slow looking Invigour. They hit it with $30/acre of a foliar phos to try and get it going. I thought they were crazy but seems to be working compared to the fields they left alone

Comment

Originally posted by JankoFarms View Post
                    Neighbour has some pretty slow looking Invigour. They hit it with $30/acre of a foliar phos to try and get it going. I thought they were crazy but seems to be working compared to the fields they left alone
                    That should have been the recommendation right away from BASF or any other seed company that has sluggish varieties out there . Should have been done within the last 10 days . This issue has been acknowledged for a while , but they leave it too long and hope that it just goes away
                    That should have been the very minimum they should have done . A shot of foliar phos is exactly what’s needed to drive the root system and get plant sugars going asap

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

99sc looking fine to..
                      . And this is a field of our 340 1 mile away on lower ground it's the 345 variety not us that I know same fertility same everything as that crap 345.

Comment

That should have been the recommendation right away from BASF or any other seed company that has sluggish varieties out there . Should have been done within the last 10 days . This issue has been acknowledged for a while , but they leave it too long and hope that it just goes away
                        That should have been the very minimum they should have done . A shot of foliar phos is exactly what’s needed to drive the root system and get plant sugars going asap
                        But who picks up that cost? If the side by side pictures show a problem and it's a seed issue, shouldn't BASF pick up the costs of getting their crop technology to work?

Imagine buying a new piece of equipment and you had to pay every time you had an issue the first year.

Canola seed is new every year and for the price it should come with some support.

I could understand fields 20 miles apart but side by side shows a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          But who picks up that cost? If the side by side pictures show a problem and it's a seed issue, shouldn't BASF pick up the costs of getting their crop technology to work?

Imagine buying a new piece of equipment and you had to pay every time you had an issue the first year.

Canola seed is new every year and for the price it should come with some support.

Absolutely they should pick up the cost without a doubt . It can be done for less than $10 / ac
                          I know it was brought up but quickly ignored, “give it time “ is the fall back . Time is too critical to wait , this is not Kansas with 150 frost free days ….

Comment

So far the support has been in the form of a tech rep standing in the field and agreeing there was a problem not having a clue to what caused the problem is waiting a week and reporting the issue formally to the call center and from then on complete silence.

Comment

Absolutely they should pick up the cost without a doubt . It can be done for less than $10 / ac
                              I know it was brought up but quickly ignored, “give it time “ is the fall back . Time is too critical to wait , this is not Kansas with 150 frost free days ….
                              Phuck sakes , I hear that from chemical reps all the time , wait 10 days, don't have 10 days, and when told their product didn't work they are ghosts.

Comment

Phuck sakes , I hear that from chemical reps all the time , wait 10 days, don't have 10 days, and when told their product didn't work they are ghosts.
                                The clock is ticking on the season.

Ours has turned the corner now, but probably lost a week of normal growth. I could hit it with foliar something I suppose to give it a kick. Just wondering if its worth throwing more money at it.

Is the coolish season a factor. Most mornings are under 10deg here for the month and not many days over about 23 deg.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...