• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail on Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail on Lentils

Is there anything that can be sprayed on hailed lentils to help them recover? I seem to remember someone making some claims of really saving a crop. Molasses ?? I saw a trial on wheat and peas to try and help them recover from hail but it was not economically viable.

Originally posted by Ooofty View Post
    Is there anything that can be sprayed on hailed lentils to help them recover? I seem to remember someone making some claims of really saving a crop. Molasses ?? I saw a trial on wheat and peas to try and help them recover from hail but it was not economically viable.
    Well they might recover enough that you might cut them for feed or something but have never heard of a chemical that would bring them back.

Comment

I have sprayed 1l boron plus fungicide and some nutrients and worked well one year and not the best the next. I think I would do some when it is early in the year yet.

Comment

So many factors. Weather after the hail, how much hail damage,
        Disease, crop stage, disease obviously major issue. Fungicide?
        Liquid phos kugler health may work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ooofty View Post
          I would consider a product like this ...

Both Alpine and Kugler products will help as well.
          But Releaf has had much better bang for you buck in a hail situation.

Comment

Two years ago I sprayed MegaFol on peas that had hail. It seemed to help but we forgot to leave a check strip.

Comment

They should be young enough to recover on their own if the stems aren’t too scarred. We’ve had major hail and lentils came back early in season but fungicide might keep the disease out of them. Peas don’t take hail as well as lentils.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                They should be young enough to recover on their own if the stems aren’t too scarred. We’ve had major hail and lentils came back early in season but fungicide might keep the disease out of them. Peas don’t take hail as well as lentils.
                Priaxor Fungicide for Desease control In lentils:
                Anthracnose (Colletotrichum truncatum), ascochyta blight (Ascochyta lentis), suppression of gray mold (Botrytis cinerea) and white mold (Sclerotinia sclerotiorum)

See Label for rates,

Comment

Thanks for replies. Going to access them again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.