• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark up on parts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
    It's a steal of a deal... for someone!

I remember guys talking about the speed sensor that went on an S670s tailboard being absolutely retardedly expensive from JD. If my mind serves me correctly it was somewhere around $700. They didn't even bother to paint it green, and give it a JD part number. The tag and sensor had Eaton branding and part number on it, and if you punched that into Ebay, you could get *2 day* delivery to anywhere in NA for under $100US. Cervus has to pay for all those shiny new 1/2 ton's, and service trucks. Also gotta cover the rent on those sparkling new monolithic shops with fully outfitted workout rooms, conference rooms, etc etc. Don't forget a tidy return to investors and shareholders.

Too bad they didn't have a "RockAuto" for agricultural parts...

I ordered a couple of those for a neighbour. Thru electronics wholesaler I got them for 28 bucks and change American. Overnight shipping to Saskatoon.

Comment

Parts are insane! Yea cameras vs sensor and cheaper!

I love that's 880 for the part sir like it's 8 dollars not 880.

But yea have to pay for bricks and cement! Looks so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        Parts are insane! Yea cameras vs sensor and cheaper!

I love that's 880 for the part sir like it's 8 dollars not 880.

But yea have to pay for bricks and cement! Looks so nice.
        Walked into the new RME in Medicine Hat shortly after they finished putting up the new building. Took me a couple seconds to take in the massive vaulted ceilings, and all the "necessary" essentials for a machinery dealership. Parts lady asks me, "so, what do you think?" I said, "In all honesty I think the likelihood of me getting hosed at this parts counter is a certainty. Someone is going to have to pay for this monstrosity!"

Comment

Dealers charge 5 to 600% markup on shitty Chinese made parts that's how they pay for all their buildings.

Comment

Pics Klause

Pictures of sensor

Comment

Geez now, it shouldn't be any easier. Canadian manufacturer, part number. Google search manufacturer....contact them and they will tell you they don't sell retail and to top it off the part is proprietary! The retailer has you by the balls. Take a deep breath, hold your nose a pay. Maybe Klaus has a solution. ...its a sonar sensor.

Is it from a Flexicoil Case/NewHolland cart? What year and what years does it cover? Isn't there any wreckers parting out air carts yet. Dont know if I would like buying used electronics at any price.

I think we had those in our SC380 NH cart. I think they clicked or ticked continually. We never had to replace one so I can't say if they still made a noise when they stopped sensing. Does it click when it's installed....compare it to another one on the cart. Move one that works to the position you took the failed one from to eliminate the possibility of a wiring issue.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 23, 2017, 07:42.

Comment

Vansco was bought out by parker. Is it 2 wire or 3? On the plug?

Comment

Two wire

Comment

With new machinery hitting new record prices, who can afford to buy? If you don't buy the new fancy stuff fix up your current line up, and pay through the nose. Stealerships aren't selling as much new, so let's hose them on parts to keep their current equipment running. Had to replace an elevator chain last yr, $3100, feeder chain, $3200, amongst other things.
                    Every time you turn your head it's $2-20k.

Comment

Digi-Key is a good website to check for sensors and electronics.

I wonder if some manufacturers purposely use a small company like Vansco instead of Honeywell so their parts aren't as easy to buy from a "non-dealer"..............

Comment

OK that sensor is 289.75 if you buy one from a parker distributor. That's CAD.

Having said that, open up the housing and clean off that mesh from the inside and wipe down the colector (shiny round plate)

Those sensors rarely "fail" they get dirt on them and reflect the sonar ping too soon so the sensor thinks it's out of range.

BTW you can get other ultrasonic sensors that have the same output for around 75 bucks.

Comment

I will check it out,thanks Krause.

Comment

Mark up on parts

I used to work for a SK based manufacturer (yellow equip) and any purchased items were marked up around 3 times cost. Most of the common items were off the shelf - where we really cleaned up was when we sold "factory built parts", but trying to tell customers and dealers that bearings and sprockets were custom made were lies most of the time.

Comment

I just searched for this thread, then realized someone else happened upon it today as well...

Doing books. Everyone's favorite past time. Im looking over some of the RME invoices from this harvest season, and some of this shit is absolutely insane. Bought a new spring to go into the torque sensing drive sheave for the rotor drive that was very much necessary. I get the "it says on here that you need to order this plate and two studs along with the new updated heavier spring." I didn't ask too many questions. Should have. The spring was a respectable, $100.63, but...

Click image for larger version

Name:	rotor plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	766884
                              This bad boy is worth a whopping $136.64, and it is necessary to install the plate, but my goodness i could have bought a pretty significant chunk of 3/16" or 1/4" steel and made my own in not alot of time.

and better yet...

Click image for larger version

Name:	rotor plate ready rod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	766885
                              These two pieces of 3/8" NF ready rod with a nut welded onto the end are worth a mind blowing $77.91 each!

I am in the wrong business!

Comment

A lot pissed now. i bought a used TMR mixer about 10 years ago. Original retail was 42,000. It was 2 years old and I paid 12500..............smokin' deal. One of the augers in the bottom broke on the weekend and I phoned today for replacement cost...........11,460. She served me well but I hauled out the welder to fix it. Examples......main drive chain............1800. Bearings for the 2 main augers....1200 a piece. Insanity, and it's time to really do an end run on dealers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.