• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viterra Terminal Goes High Tech

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
    The elevator knows all the specs on your load before your allowed unload.
    Just to make sure people got the message....

Comment

.....and again. And I will like my own reply to post again too!!!!!

Comment

Maybe they will start staying open longer....

Comment

If they can send you a text or email after its unloaded why can't they send you the grade specs before its unloaded, because they don't want to?

Comment

This is a violation of the Canada Grain Act. Farmers have the right to dispute the grade the company assigns at unload and demand a sample be sent to the CGC. Once you leave the elevator you are screwed.

Comment

I have had it where they enter the wrong weight on the ticket. I’ve never ever seen it entered in more than what the scale says. It’s always been lower

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                You do get a simple paper ticket with gross dumped weight from the kiosk. No grades, no moisture, no dockage.
                wtf, bunge nipawin , has a ticket waiting for you as soon as you dump , with all grade and dockage , in real time ,and a scale you can see, wtf is wrong with these other dough heads
                dumped there a few years back before air bags , we dumped a load and never noticed it was a tad light
                a few days later they contacted us and said scale was wrong and they owed us money
                thats how you build trust , not by locking farmers out of grading room
                recently had a load of canary receive 7% dockage at a buyer , other 7 loads were between 3 & 4 %
                obviously samples got mixed up but we took the loss. thats not gonna happen anymore , I'm not waiting 2 days for dockage anymore . it will be given to me at the pit , don't give a shit how long it takes, or it will be going somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  wtf, bunge nipawin , has a ticket waiting for you as soon as you dump , with all grade and dockage , in real time ,and a scale you can see, wtf is wrong with these other dough heads
                  dumped there a few years back before air bags , we dumped a load and never noticed it was a tad light
                  a few days later they contacted us and said scale was wrong and they owed us money
                  thats how you build trust , not by locking farmers out of grading room
                  recently had a load of canary receive 7% dockage at a buyer , other 7 loads were between 3 & 4 %
                  obviously samples got mixed up but we took the loss. thats not gonna happen anymore , I'm not waiting 2 days for dockage anymore . it will be given to me at the pit , don't give a shit how long it takes, or it will be going somewhere else
                  I have been in many many elevators and dockage is done improperly. Farmers stand there and watch and don't say a word so why wouldn't they keep doing it that way. Also have seen them add .2 or .3 onto dockage when they write it down or enter into system.

What I can't understand is how the employees can do that and sleep at night, literally taking money from farmers some of who are family and friends.

Comment

If they know there is bugs in the load before you open the trailer chutes and will send you away.....surely they can tell you the grade, dockage and moisture before you crank the chutes open.

I realize there are some years grading is way more difficult and more time consuming than others but that's the way it is.

I keep and provide very good representative samples..... a bin or a couple of bins combined to make up the sample will be very comparable to GOOD samples taken at the terminals, thing is you CAN'T JUDGE THE REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE BY ONE UNLOAD SAMPLE AT THE TERMINAL .....the composite of the loads WILL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

I keep and provide very good representative samples..... a bin or a couple of bins combined to make up the sample will be very comparable to GOOD samples taken at the terminals, thing is you CAN'T JUDGE THE REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE BY ONE UNLOAD SAMPLE AT THE TERMINAL .....the composite of the loads WILL!!!!
                      I will not be going back to Cargill in Edmonton over this very reason. They said the green count in my (very representative) canola sample was 14% and not one load from that contract came in under that. Discounts increased significantly at 15% conveniently. Obviously played games to get me in the door for the first time and they know not to bother me again.

Every other time the sample over the years ends up close to the final settlement from other elevators.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        If they know there is bugs in the load before you open the trailer chutes and will send you away.....surely they can tell you the grade, dockage and moisture before you crank the chutes open.

I realize there are some years grading is way more difficult and more time consuming than others but that's the way it is.

Them they take 7 grams outta pail and that is the gospel until they check every load

Comment

Local elevator has a Carter day dockage machine that is as pristine as the day they bought it... bearings could very well be seized for all I know.

Everyone gets 1.5% dockage whether you like it or not. Unless you bring screenings in...

I despise that place!

Got my ass chewed out when I was custom hauling before I started farming... neighbor came in wondering if they'd have room for a load of screenings. I recommended to him that I could load them up at the seed plant, haul them home for him, dump them back in the bin and magically turn the screenings into 1.5% dockage. Neighbor liked the idea. Manager was PISSED!

Now that I farm, as far as I'm concerned there isn't even an elevator east of town.

Comment

Where it makes sense to do so, we have been keeping samples of each load that is custom hauled and self hauled out of here. It will be every bit as accurate or better than a probed load....and no risk of contamination from grain or what ever hung up in the probe and meters and meters of pipe into the grading office.

Can you imagine getting "one" kernel of someone else's treated grain in your sample. Or with the insanely low tolerances for some downgrading specs getting someone else's heavy fusarium or severey sprouted kernels.

No problem....

Comment

Exactly, so ask before you dump the load. Don't whine after the fact.

Comment

We’re halfway down this path getting very high tech

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...