• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N, P, K, S Prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N, P, K, S Prices?

Heard a phosphate price the other day of $600 per MT take it home in December.

What dose everyone know in their area? I think we should see a decline given the economic environment we are in.
    Last edited by Crestliner; Sep 11, 2019, 10:36.

Whats the excuses they will give for prices this year....

1. The american farmer didn't fertilize as much in 2019 so they will be causing a shortage when they ramp up more usage...

2. Farmers have all this moisture ...might as well grow as much as you can fertilize more......grow more make less...I lose on every bushel but I make it up on volume....hahahaha

Comment

$480 delivered urea around Edmonton. Not sure on the rest

Comment

mosaic is cutting phosphate production... produce less make more....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          mosaic is cutting phosphate production... produce less make more....
          Phos or potash?
          Regardless......
          A model grain producers refuse to adopt!

Comment

620 ESN
            620 MAP

possibly less if mAP can come direct to farm in truck load quantities

Comment

Any retailer that phones about fert , ask them if their company has lobbied on farmers behalf to get the federal Liberals to address the tariffs that are crushing crop prices and limiting our markets??
              Be interesting to hear the reactions .
              Mosaic, Nuttrien , Cargil , P&H , Richardson’s , any of them ... ask what have they done to help their customers whose net profits are being decimated by Liberal inaction on a huge issue ??
              Again there has been basically nothing from the Ag Industry to help lobby this b/S going on .
              No one seems to give a shitte .
              Just think that all is good , cost for fert is up and life is good .
              Send a message...........

Comment

Got a text today from a grain company....
                #2 HRSW at $5.65 !!!!!! Feed is at $4.50 and dropping .
                Book fert now to save !!!
                Lol .... WTF ?????
                I just sent a reply .... would you work for 50% off your pay check ????
                Canola stumbling around $9.50 to $9.60 .... run the math on those numbers with Sask crop insurance average yields.... then add increased input costs , carbon tax’s and at least a 20% increase in repair costs ...

Last year we got $6 for feed with falling numbers below 275 .. and barely broke even . Well breaking even is like working all year for zero pay check at the end of each month .
                In sask , crops will be average to 80% of average for the most part , meaning zero crop insurance payouts for most , even with GARS .
                It’s the loss in the value of crop market prices , and dropping prices for low quality grains that’s going to kick producers right in the teeth .
                Will be interesting to see what happens in the months to come .
                Also this huge canola surplus is still b/S ... it’s not there , never was .

Not throwing in the towel yet but the current situation may be worse than having no crop at all . And last year we started getting snowed on at this time but at least prices stayed somewhat reasonable and fert was an ok price .

Comment

Your exactly right on Partners. Let it rot and don’t seed an acre next year. That will get people’s attention but will never happen. Continual payments keep feeding the beast.

Comment

Where were these systems in May and early June?

Comment

Weber's newsletter said Nutrien is shutting down three potash mines for up to 8 weeks during the 4th quarter.

And there is still a proposed solution mine 2 miles from our farm. ??????????

Comment

Beautiful crop of organic oats in this area grown on clover ground. Just saying. Maybe I’ll put my fertilizer budget into a Kello.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                          Beautiful crop of organic oats in this area grown on clover ground. Just saying. Maybe I’ll put my fertilizer budget into a Kello.
                          Good point 👍
                          I have seen both good and bad crops of organic and commercial fields.
                          Organic farming has its place , but so does Commercial farming . Each to their own 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Weber's newsletter said Nutrien is shutting down three potash mines for up to 8 weeks during the 4th quarter.

And there is still a proposed solution mine 2 miles from our farm. ??????????
                            Yup ...I haven't figured this expansion of potash out....the big boys are shutting in production while others want to build and what happened to the BHP Janzen?????

The big boys let the juniors find the resource and then buy them out????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.