• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost-of-Gain Surging

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://in.reuters.com/article/china-corn-imports/exclusive-china-likely-to-issue-more-corn-import-quotas-buy-millions-of-tonnes-of-crops-sources-idUSKBN2780WS

Comment

Or are countries actually worried they are going to need food if wave three hits. China has lots to feed.

Really would be nice to know what they actually pay our grain companies for grain.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Or are countries actually worried they are going to need food if wave three hits. China has lots to feed.

Really would be nice to know what they actually pay our grain companies for grain.
        .........thats none of your business, they will pay you just enough to make you want to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

I am not too worried about price ...it would just be nice to know in advance when the sales are being made....the price will follow...

Right now western canadian farmers are deep in the dark shit of not knowing anything...

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            China spot corn 11.77 CAD/bu. Jan21 futures on the Dalian exchange even higher

Until there is some clear retreat from these levels I think the pedal will be down quite firmly
            Agree , I just find it odd that hardly anyone talked about the grave position China has been in since early summer .
            And now it like some big deal .
            Glad to see everyone waking up lol .
            Hopefully this keeps markets strong all winter

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Agree , I just find it odd that hardly anyone talked about the grave position China has been in since early summer .
              And now it like some big deal .
              Glad to see everyone waking up lol .
              Hopefully this keeps markets strong all winter
              Where do people think the record grain movement by the railways has been going?

Ports have space and there are 45 boats waiting for grain....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Where do people think the record grain movement by the railways has been going?
                Yup I get it .
                Thing is prices were depressed way too long after it was a known fact that China was in big trouble cause no one will tell the truth on that and the fact that Canada never did have a big carryover of canola , or anything really .
                It cost farmers millions going into harvest with depressed prices from where they should have been
                Like you have said many times Bucket , and I agree .... we are Totally left in the dark here in regards to sales reports and the market manipulation here in western Canada is sickening lately .

Comment

Brazil will import Soy and Corn. Argentina is dry and has piss poor wheat yields.

Russia and Ukraine are bone dry.

Oh, wait Canada is an oasis and we have a great chance at a bumper crop in 2021. Yea we are ****ing dry as well.

The USA is going to be very dry this winter.

When grain companies come out and say we have a premium for the grain you know by the time you haul it will be that high or higher. Targets are the stupidest thing in the world.

Here is where we will give you the grain. Wow shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

I am a little embarrassed but I will tell you what I did this fall....

I had low protein wheat ...I knew it because it was piebald ....I sold it for 5.85 a month ago to make bin space for flax....

I wanted to haul my flax direct while combining but no takers and I would have been happy at the price of around 14.50 for flax...

No one within a reasonable distance would take it off the combine...so I filled what I had and built a couple more bins ...price is now at 17.25 for december ...who would have thunk it..

Did I mention there is an empty 10000 tonne concrete elevator owned by Viterra at Eyebrow , saskatchewan sitting empty that Viterra could have bought my flax for 14.50???? 20 minutes away.

Comment

I had low protein wheat ...I knew it because it was piebald ....I sold it for 5.85 a month ago to make bin space for flax....

I wanted to haul my flax direct while combining but no takers and I would have been happy at the price of around 14.50 for flax...

No one within a reasonable distance would take it off the combine...so I filled what I had and built a couple more bins ...price is now at 17.25 for december ...who would have thunk it..

Did I mention there is an empty 10000 tonne elevator owned by Viterra at Eyebrow , saskatchewan sitting empty that Viterra could have bought my flax for 14.50???? 20 minutes away.
                      Their "loss".

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        .........thats none of your business, they will pay you just enough to make you want to do it again.
                        Living the Dream!™️

Comment

Corn closed right at the daily and weekly high. Be interesting to see where it is Oct 30 to close out the month...meanwhile SK Fd Bly is on a mission
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	SKFdBly102120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	770267

Comment

China’s wheat imports across the first nine months of 2020 have jumped 168% higher year-over-year, my calculations was 5.8 million metric tonne

See Egypt and Algeria both bought Russian wheat in latest tenders.

Russian cupboard must be getting low all good just means have to buy elsewhere.

Comment

Did I mention there is an empty 10000 tonne concrete elevator owned by Viterra at Eyebrow , saskatchewan sitting empty that Viterra could have bought my flax for 14.50???? 20 minutes away.
                              Also 10,000T of empty concrete storage for Viterra 120 kms SW of Eyebrow at Hodgeville

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
                                Also 10,000T of empty concrete storage for Viterra 120 kms SW of Eyebrow at Hodgeville
                                Why don’t end users or farmers buy the facilities from Viterra?

Happens here key start operation but no labour.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.