• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
    There are 2 ways to slow Co2
    1. Very Stringent REGULATIONS

2. Or Carbon pricing which is market based solution
    Oh so somebody is drinking the drama teacher koolaid telling us carbon dioxide is pollution?!
    In reality studies show a Carbon tax doesn’t effect behaviour until it is taxed at $300/tonne or higher so the proposed rate will reduce every wealth creators net worth and savings....including ALL grain farmers.

Killing Northern Gateway Pipeline, Energy East Pipeline and bringing in extra regulation and allowing fringe groups to stop the twinning of Transmountain Pipeline will prove to be devastating to Canada.
    According to Trudeau the most effective way to reduce Carbon Dioxide is to kill the economy with a hard recession recession and export jobs to other jurisdictions....🙈

Comment

Jazz,

I was able to connect some dots, the voice in that video belongs to a fellow who grew up in the next town east of us....how do I know? I saw the video on the CTV News @ noon.

As much as I don't like Trudeau, you have to give him credit for taking unscripted questions from the floor.

When asked about KinderMorgan, he said the Gov bought it because they were going to back away from it. A voice from the audience asks "why?"(was KinderMorgan was backing away). Trudeau replies...because of the "political" risks were too great.

WOW....no more needs to be said?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 11, 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Jazz,

I was able to connect some dots, the voice in that video belongs to a fellow who grew up in the next town east of us....how do I know? I saw the video on the CTV News @ noon.

As much as I don't like Trudeau, you have to give him credit for taking unscripted questions from the floor.

When asked about KinderMorgan, he said the Gov bought it because they were going to back away from it. A voice from the audience asks "why?"(was KinderMorgan was backing away). Trudeau replies...because of the "political" environment.

WOW....no more needs to be said?
        Taking a question a nd answering it are two different things as we know. He should have known a question like that might come when he gets away from his Ottawa and media bubble.

The right answer was to declare the project in the national interest as in support of our programs and our deadbeat sister Quebec, pass legislation to that effect, evoke the notwithstanding clause and start construction. That what trump did in the US. Now oil is flowing.

Fringe groups do not identify with country, neither do the natives. There is no persuasion or consultation that will ever change their minds.

Comment

...I edited my original post to "because the political risk was too great".

But I think people get the message regardless.

Comment

farma, I was too critical of dreamy PMJT. He just announced a new project for Estevan.

Apparently we are going to drill under the coal, under all the oil and try to find some hot water.

https://www.cjme.com/syn/653/486749/trudeau-ottawa-announce-25m-for-sask-geothermal-plant/ Trudeau, Ottawa announce $25M for Sask. geothermal plant

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              farma, I was too critical of dreamy PMJT. He just announced a new project for Estevan.

Apparently we are going to drill under the coal, under all the oil and try to find some hot water.

https://www.cjme.com/syn/653/486749/trudeau-ottawa-announce-25m-for-sask-geothermal-plant/ Trudeau, Ottawa announce $25M for Sask. geothermal plant
              Maybe they could tap into the stuff I'm usually in!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                I wanna thank Jason Leblanc for questioning trudeau on the carbon tax at the town hall meeting in regina !

Keep up the good work !
                I understood the question and the point he was trying to make.....but I don't think Trudeau did.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  I understood the question and the point he was trying to make.....but I don't think Trudeau did.....
                  Oh he understood, he just doesn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    It sounds like a check from good old liberals to every household. $600.00 in bribe money and it should arrive just in time for the 2019 election for shit for brains.

Maybe he isn't so stupid it's just the people of Canada that are stupid we can be bribed with our own money.
                    Does that mean the pst rebates in saskatxhewan will be here in time for the next provincial election. I mean the carbon tax is stupid but you get it back so were the ideas that broke saskatchewan at least we should get that money back also.

Comment

I forgot to mention.....282 days left of Trudeau....

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        I mean the carbon tax is stupid but you get it back so were the ideas that broke saskatchewan at least we should get that money back also.
                        You are dreaming if you think that all your carbon taxes will be refunded back. Obviously that $ will be spent on gender neutral Liberal projects in Quebec.

Only way to eliminate the carbon tax is vote Trudeau out of office.

Comment

Does that mean the pst rebates in saskatxhewan will be here in time for the next provincial election. I mean the carbon tax is stupid but you get it back so were the ideas that broke saskatchewan at least we should get that money back also.
                          What ideas are you talking about. Do you mean Devine which was 30 yrs ago. Attempts to diversify the provincial economy are not always going to work. BTW, sask has the lowest provincial debt per capital in the country. Its the best run place in confederation and doesn't have a massive resource, equalization and fed bailouts. And only a million people. Find another place on the planet as industrious.

What is the carbon tax going to do. If gas increases 10c are people going to run out and put solar panels up. Nope, just stop going to a restaurant once a week so the overall economy suffers. People will just shift their priorities when the necessities of life are taxed. Most people wouldnt have the $30k needed to put up a solar array or switch to a hybrid so you are counting on the few rich people to do this. Govts wont invest in 20 yr packbacks. Neither will private companies. Rich people wont have their freedoms curtails so they will claw it all back using their accountant. Net benefit is ZERO and whole bunch of pain for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            You are dreaming if you think that all your carbon taxes will be refunded back. Obviously that $ will be spent on gender neutral Liberal projects in Quebec.

Only way to eliminate the carbon tax is vote Trudeau out of office.
                            Not dreaming and your right it won't all come back and just like the pst us farmers will pay the largest share. Which farm group is even mentioning that? But at least some come back from the carbon bullshit I did hear something from apas not sure but they mentioned if carbon is going to be valued farmers should be getting large amounts of money back. But is it just lip service to say we tried or are they going to effectively get mad and get going on it?

Is there any guarantee rhe carbon tax won't be scrapped and then replaced with another one not related to carbon if rhe conservatives get in? We ve seenrhsg happen before.

We have to start thinking about long term solutions. Ethanol bio diesel etc could be peesued but who's doing that? No one because the oil industry doesn't want it and they control our puppets.
                            It's not all as simple as some make it out to be.

Brad Wall made a good comment he other day saying farm groups need to speak up and speak more together.

Comment

Not dreaming and your right it won't all come back and just like the pst us farmers will pay the largest share. Which farm group is even mentioning that? But at least some come back from the carbon bullshit I did hear something from apas not sure but they mentioned if carbon is going to be valued farmers should be getting large amounts of money back. But is it just lip service to say we tried or are they going to effectively get mad and get going on it?

Is there any guarantee rhe carbon tax won't be scrapped and then replaced with another one not related to carbon if rhe conservatives get in? We ve seenrhsg happen before.

We have to start thinking about long term solutions. Ethanol bio diesel etc could be peesued but who's doing that? No one because the oil industry doesn't want it and they control our puppets.
                              It's not all as simple as some make it out to be.

Brad Wall made a good comment he other day saying farm groups need to speak up and speak more together.
                              Brad wall is just stumping for the sask party looking for money from farmers.....he ****ing ignored farmers while in office....actually abused them. ...

And yet people idolize the ****ing guy....oil money has run out so back to the farm speaking tour.....what a ****ing dink.....

Comment

Agree, the “farm” groups are majorly just another form of taxation with not a squeek out of them. About 10 years ago the Canaryseed producers decided they needed to be taxed. They “set out” to find a human consumption or pharmaceutical use for the grain. I wonder how that is going. I hope we will get an update this coming week.. 🤔

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.