• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe Correct Maybe not Will Word it carefully

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no one should criticize another government on social issues. You would have been the one to say the German persecution of dissenters during the 30's was okay being cause they would not like it? There is a price to pay for Human Rights. I guess you are not willing to pay it.

Comment

It started with a tweet. A public tweet. Tweeting is not diplomacy.

Comment

That must be a copy of all Trump's Tweets. Those have insulted a lot more people. I guess that is OK if you are the big bully on the block. They should not use tweets for policy.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          So no one should criticize another government on social issues. You would have been the one to say the German persecution of dissenters during the 30's was okay being cause they would not like it? There is a price to pay for Human Rights. I guess you are not willing to pay it.

Here is the difference agstar77....the countries were prepared to go to war over the atrocities in germany...

You have to have the muscle behind you to make sure you can carry thru...as a leader its always good to look behind and see if anyone is following you.

Comment

Maybe i agree with grassfarmer canada is left leaning.

New Zealand same France the same scandanavain countries similar.

So why are conservative right leaning or ultra right govt and policy on the nose around the world?

Example here in aust we have supposedly most expensive electricity in the world.

We have a so called conservative govt in power but the prime minister/leader got knifed and replaced by a moderate conservative type who is kinda pro climate change renewables etc etc to get the middle ground and swinging voters.

Previous PM who got replaced mid term as i mentioned was pro coal pro oil pro bussiness pro farmers pro manufacturing, small govt debt reducing "old school" conservative.

But now many think we are voting for a left leaning conservative govt and there is a rise of small right wing candidtaes who take away votes from conservatives and the left side will get in next time.

The spat between canada and suadiis made news here but on a ag show saying can be nothing but good for aussie farmers meaning we will fill the void sorry guys

Comment

No they were not prepared to go to war until one of them was invaded. They turned a blind eye to persecution in Germany. That led to an emboldened Germany that tried to impose it's culture on the rest of the world. Do you not think the people who brought you 911 could be that malevolent?

Comment

What about the humanitarian concerns in North Korea, China, the treatment of white landowners in South Africa, Zimbabwe, the gassing of Kurds in Iraq and countless other humanitarian disasters over the years - should we not have commented on any of them as they were "none of our business" either? Is it preferable to withdraw into a shell of isolationism and never speak up for fear the transnational corporations operating here might lose a dollar - I think not.
                If it had been up to me I'd have stopped dealing with the Saudis a long time ago. Selling them arms while they are the biggest backers of anti-western terrorists in the world is crazy. It says something about the collective values of western (world) politicians of all parties that they have given them a free pass on moral standards because they are sitting on a pool of oil. Without that they'd just be riding their camels and selling dirty postcards.

Comment

"with unions running the country as happened in the UK in the 70s. Not the case here by any stretch of the imagination."

OK, I'll only give Grass half marks because of this part.

My son was booked to a week at summer camp by his mom without looking at the itinerary.
                  Paid for completely by AUPE.
                  Ok so i read the program.....
                  A week of labor indoctrination with a little canoeing tossed in.
                  Sing the union song before breakfast every day. Learn how to organize a Local.
                  These kids 12 yrs old.
                  Now you might say a summer camp with a little Christian Ed is the same thing, but I beg to differ all day long.
                  How far behind the UK are we really?? Post war they were rather poor. But how much longer here before we take 'inclusivity' and solidarity too far???
                  Too many takers and not enough makers already in my opinion.

Comment

Gee, I agree with grass again.
                    Why do we need Saudi oil???
                    Camels and dirty postcards eh??

Comment

Blackpowder, You've not got to the stage of leaving the dead unburied, the garbage uncollected or the hospitals only taking real emergency cases because the ancillary staff were on the picket lines outside. There was months on end of this in the Winter of Discontent in the UK.
                      This was what Margaret Thatcher had to turn around when she came to power. I lived through it and supported her and voted for her all the way - yet fools on here that don't know what left wing is label me a communist.

Comment

Easy big fella, I merely dont want for us what you had. Some on here would benefit from uk's experience.
                        I know a Brit who lived through it b4 he came here. Very successful and hyper aware of the dangers here.

Comment

It's Ok blackpowder that last comment wasn't aimed at you!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            What about the humanitarian concerns in North Korea, China, the treatment of white landowners in South Africa, Zimbabwe, the gassing of Kurds in Iraq and countless other humanitarian disasters over the years - should we not have commented on any of them as they were "none of our business" either? Is it preferable to withdraw into a shell of isolationism and never speak up for fear the transnational corporations operating here might lose a dollar - I think not.
                            If it had been up to me I'd have stopped dealing with the Saudis a long time ago. Selling them arms while they are the biggest backers of anti-western terrorists in the world is crazy. It says something about the collective values of western (world) politicians of all parties that they have given them a free pass on moral standards because they are sitting on a pool of oil. Without that they'd just be riding their camels and selling dirty postcards.
                            Eisenhower warned of the power of the military industrial complex, not sure if he meant only that of the USA, or others as well. Seems we have ongoing war, without much real cause. Other than increased tech capability and money in rich people’s bank accounts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...