• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urea

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urea

Just curious what others are seeing for prices currently. Everyone seems to think the states is going to put in way more corn thanks to this pi$$ing match over beans with China. We were quoted $460 for immediate delivery and most of the sellers don’t see it coming down. This is west of Edmonton. TIA

**** Urea....how about harvest first.

Bucket says we shouldn't be building shiny steel storage for the GrainCos....no different for fert...if you take it you better turn it before long. I'm not against prebuying fert...but this is too early.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 8, 2018, 15:39.

Comment

I was quoted $425 for August delivery in southern Alberta. When August tonnes are filled, September is $450

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Like button

Comment

Originally posted by jethro456 View Post
          I was quoted $425 for August delivery in southern Alberta. When August tonnes are filled, September is $450
          Why?????

Comment

Why?????
            I predict you don’t get a solid answer to this question.

Comment

Why?????
              You honestly have to ask? God I get so tired of all this shit. We've built shiny bins to hold grain long term. We've put up flashy rows of epoxy lined hoppers to hold fertilizer long term. Maybe all these shiny, heated sheds aren't so much for fixing old wore out machinery, but for holding chemical long term. Im honestly surprised that aside from FNA, all the retailers haven't started pushing us to buy our chemical nearly a year in advance.

Not so long ago, you were a real pro if you could hold your grain until late spring or summer, buy your fertilizer in january or february, and get most of your chemical figured out a month in advance.

Comment

Alright .... which derivatives market or high risk bonds are these ****ers buying? Put the fat chick on the stage everyone knows she's up next
                Last edited by macdon02; Aug 8, 2018, 19:03.

Comment

Helmsdale....my question was purely rhetorical sarcasm!

But you still better take it now while it's cheap and there's ANY left.

Comment

As per last 45 years plan at least one more time to fall apply so getting quotes for October, $459 urea, paid Dec 31

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      As per last 45 years plan at least one more time to fall apply so getting quotes for October, $459 urea, paid Dec 31
                      You're addicted, aren't you?

Just one more hit, then I'll quit.

Just kidding fj. You have quite the stamina to endure 45 years.

👍👍...two thumbs up!
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 8, 2018, 22:25.

Comment

Helmsdale....my question was purely rhetorical sarcasm!

But you still better take it now while it's cheap and there's ANY left.
                        O don't worry I was baling what you were swathing.

I still remember the "manufactured" phos shortage my 2nd year of farming... there were contracts to be filled out of pocatello at rates agreed to months in advance, but no-one was willing to haul for their garbage rates. Numerous companies phoned us hoping to get us to haul, but there was no negotiation on rates. We'd give them 6 trucks dedicated to the phos run, but they wouldn't budge, so they got 0 trucks. At that time, rates were good and trucks were short, so pretty much everyone, even the yanks told pioneer, cps, simplot, and all the rest to get stuffed if they weren't willing to pay up.

The shortage was months in the making, but why pay the extra $50/mT in transport when you can manufacture a shortage and run prices up $3-400/mT.

Comment

I try to not worry or concern myself with things beyond my control nor did I intend to kick a wasp nest which it appears has happened. We used to pre buy fertilizer in the winter and the dealer would “store” it till spring. After waiting in line for an hour during seeding my dad was told they were out of phos which we paid storage on. That fall we leased some bins and now I can load quicker at anytime and know I’m not going to run out either. We’re an 80 mile trip to the nearest blender so it’s way more convenient now. Those bins were a three year lease and the savings in time and money make them one of our best investments in my mind.

Comment

Woodland, there is nothing wrong with that reasoning....its just they want you to do it earlier all the time. Do you want to store, turn and pay for fert 9 months in advance of you actually needing it? That is were.it.is becoming unreasonable.

Otherwise your points are 100% valid.

Comment

Bucket says we shouldn't be building shiny steel storage for the GrainCos....no different for fert...if you take it you better turn it before long. I'm not against prebuying fert...but this is too early.
                              We’re busy with cow stuff and drying grain usually till January most years and then it slows down to just feeding a thousand head so right now is as good of time to get on with it. We’ve filled with urea in June before and not had issues.

Heck we just emptied a bin last month that had some 2 year old blend in it that required steady poking only thankfully.

It’s a 100 mile trip for the canola to the nearest elevator or 600 one way to chilliwack for the feed grain so bins are definitely a necessity here.

Harvest for us is still a month or more away yet due to breakdowns at seeding and canola not germinating till it rained in June.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.