• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
    What are actual pea yields for those of you who harvested already? No need to be worried about being judged....everyone try’s for top returns and the weather determines the final outcome.....it is what it is. Just interesting to know what yields people are getting and how much rain the crop got during the growing season.

Also price for yellows and greens? What are people hearing?
    Nothing off here yet , further south and west the combines will be going this week .
    Reports I hear from SW Sask are dismal for the most part .
    A small strip , relative to Western Canada , west of here will have very big pea yields.... Cutknife areaand North , with yields diminished going both east and west of there .
    Our peas will be sprayed off after the small heat wave , probably by weekend.

Comment

South valley 40 or just a shade higher and lower
      . Last 10 years almost double

Redblentils 25

Comment

I don't grow grain peas so no expert but we put 1100kms on in Southern AB over the weekend and lots of peas coming off down there, all seemed to be standing real good wasn't sure if that is lower yielding or just less disease. Looked like decent stands from the road.

Saw one field of lentils off and a few guys doing wheat. Not sure I saw any real good canola fields. Even the irrigated land didn't look as good as it usually does.

Looks to be fair amount of cereals going up as bales or silage, not sure but suspect more than normal due to dry conditions.

Comment

Good morning all. Here where I farm (nw of Maple Creek) my yellow peas are running anywhere from a high of 33 bpa down to the low 20's ( hail on July 2nd). nice sample , but not impressed with the kochia and thistles

Checked the yellow pea prices posted on the Northern Ag Network , and the have prices in North Dakota and Montana listed at $7.50- $11.25 !

Of course up here our prices are nowhere near that! Why would we have a good price ?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
            Good morning all. Here where I farm (nw of Maple Creek) my yellow peas are running anywhere from a high of 33 bpa down to the low 20's ( hail on July 2nd). nice sample , but not impressed with the kochia and thistles

Checked the yellow pea prices posted on the Northern Ag Network , and the have prices in North Dakota and Montana listed at $7.50- $11.25 !

Of course up here our prices are nowhere near that! Why would we have a good price ?
            Can you sell into that market? You have the advantage of being closer to it than a lot of farmers.

Comment

Is that in USA dollars or canadian

Comment

Larry Weber might be able to clear up the price question. He pointed out to me one time a price quote was per CWT(hundred weight)

Larry?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Larry Weber might be able to clear up the price question. He pointed out to me one time a price quote was per CWT(hundred weight)

Larry?
                  But what did your peas yield? We all want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
                    But what did your peas yield? We all want to know?
                    Bucket says no revelations....

Ghetto yeilds! My disappointment/satisfaction are directly proportionate to my expectations.

Edit.... not playing hard to get Casered.... I can personal message you with results if I knew you weren't a wolf in sheep's clothes (an Industry plant.....LOL)
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 8, 2018, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Bucket says no revelations....

Ghetto yeilds! My disappointment/satisfaction are directly proportionate to my expectations.
                      Thats a great answer....

Comment

Besides what the **** does it matter what the yield is ...not a lot of market opportunities to sell them other than at a loss.

25 bpa at 6 bucks isn't a money maker ....

I know you guys can make it up on volume while losing on every bushel...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.