• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the trade issues causing problems but is the world really awash in excess production?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      I see the trade issues causing problems but is the world really awash in excess production?
      Not if there are people starving in the world.....

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
        Chin up jazz. Just do you’re thing and don’t worry about the other people. It will just drag you down.

Iceman
        The best advice I've seen on here in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Not if there are people starving in the world.....

then pay me for my commoditys. why does the primary producer also have to starve?? but continue to pay the leaches with no margins left to squeeze out. farming realy is bleak for me as well this yr. Getting tired of working for pennies

Comment

With the canola shit show we should be buying seed half price. Half price fungicide and chemicals because no market for canola.

No watch for s increase.

Sick

Comment

Soil temp at noon under the hurricane Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	767242

Comment

It’s go time.

In Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  I feel depressed this spring. All around me the prices for everything are higher and the crops lower and I have such a small land base that its impossible to spread these cost hits over more acres. I think I will be done soon. Got Monette farms up my ass. Maybe I should walk over there and try to talk to the guy driving air drill number 9.
                  Drill number 9 guy is a labourer. He gets hourly wages. If you like that idea then jump on with them.
                  One phone can stop your depressing feelings. It is that simple.
                  If you want simple and easy its right across the fence.
                  If you prefer the challenge of making a living on an existing land base, I suggest start thinking a little harder. If you are near the US border, phone up some northern US grain buyers and see what they can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    Soil temp at noon under the hurricane [ATTACH]4179[/ATTACH]
                    Put that thermometer back in the shop till mid next week

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Ok one question who north of Saskatoon towards PA and Mel fort gave up 300 quarters and the investors left the building.

Vespa hrs
                      Vespa or vesper?

Comment

Is Trudeau incompetent, or something else going on?

http://osnetdaily.com/2014/08/america-2050-the-agenda-21-depopulation-of-rural-areas-has-begun/ Agenda 21 Depopulation of Rural Areas Has Begun

The plan is called America 2050 and the concept is based upon the creation of megacities. In order for the megacities concept, which is well underway, to come to fruition, American suburbs and rural areas must be completely depopulated. This process is underway and the Obama administration is accelerating the process.

Comment

But data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology shows nearly the entire country has seen less half the typical rainfall over the last three months.

Weve had 19mm against average of 78mm to end of april. Plenty of areas have had ZERO for 4 months.

The massive falls in qld in fe march were they recieved yearly total or more in 3 days have skewed the "average" across australia

Comment

Hauling manure out here. Used our wheel loader till the hyd pump cratered last night. Now using the hoe and it’s going better than expected since finning says the pump is 4 days away. Got our truck and three from a custom guy going and there’s probably a weeks worth to do. We’ve slacked on moving it for a while and this is the year to catch up.

Neighbor is out baling straw that got snowed under and a buddy is swathing and combining wheat that is almost ready for a birthday party. Some cultivating happening but not much else. Calving is going good especially with the dry conditions. Had a surprise yesterday...... a calf with a cleft palate. Never had that before but he’s feisty so we’ll give him a chance.

There’s always some curveball coming that you never seen before. Good luck everyone...... enjoy the sun🍀

Comment

Woodland, I wouldn't waste time with that calf - been there, done that. It'll do fine on it's mother but when it comes time to graze for a living it'll struggle hopelessly because I bet it only has half the width of pad to chew against that it should have. We butchered ours for hamburger as a yearling but it was a money losing proposition.

Wouldn't say it's "crop friendly" conditions around here. Essentially zero moisture in March and about 2/10ths in April. Scary dry for the time of year. Will need above average rainfall to turn things around this summer. Anyone looking for alternate crops to seed should consider cattle feed as carryover inventories must be record low across a big chunk of the prairies.

Comment

Would getting him on grain(oats then barley) along with tub ground dry feed or silage before weaning help? Nothing will make him rail gradable but maybe a little more home deep freezer worthy on a higher protien and energy diet after weaning.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.