• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3VGERUy8RRyQjnhaGbrktg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	778372

And we're off to the Races! South of Valley yesterday the first guy got going. North of the Valley someone should have told our new Saskatchewan resident from Lethbridge that he was two weeks too soon for our area. The seed is puffed up and some sprouted should do good this weekend with -10 nights. Note to people moving into a new area I know you're a super farmer from where you came but just talk to a few it will save you a whole lot of grief. 1/3 done. One other guy got going or trying his drill. But the Pea master thermometer says to find something else to do. That was taken at 2 in the afternoon. The hottest part of the day. Did here of one wreck south of Regina but the guy started on the 10th of April. Does crap insurance pay for reseeding, I guess it does.

Name:	B%KsEhA2QuifkCrO2AQjfQ.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	778373

Ok here is the crop report

1% of the crop is seeded in the area I drive from Regina to Yorkton to the lake.

For our farm, the Degelman straw master, Rock picker and Roller are all rebuilt and ready to go. The Tractors are already with oil changes etc. Now just redo the coulter discs on both drills and few hoses and were ready for Wednesday.

Fieldwork we have been out harrowing since Monday. I some times wonder why we do any fall harrowing as the spring is such a better job. Plus it tells the guy in the drill were the wet spots are. That is what most have been doing this week. Or burning but one of our RMS already has a fire ban.

Name:	q5OUDXCCRMizge1GlSQpew.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	778374

The seed has started to arrive. Yes, I do buy some certified new seed each year to support our poor seed growers and seed breeders. Funny thing my HRS is AC Brandon again (since the one I wanted will be designated to New feed class next year) and our old standby Copland barley. Seed Canola is arriving. All Liberty Varieties no Round up in 2019.

Name:	n65hIWzkR1mw0twqQPcBmw.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	778375

Be safe, because the ones at home are way-way more important than this crop, and have a great week a little snow is on its way for some Saturday and cold. Maybe open up the lake. Oh on the lake level it's so low might not get the Pontoon on it this year. Yea can't get it off the trailer low.

Oh, snow geese arrived on Monday for a layover and probably will move next week further north. Anyone else wants a spring season on Canadian Geese. God, there is too many of them. Ducks Unlimited has worked and now its time to blast a few.

Two seasons.

Ok on politics.

Name:	IMG_2442.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	767239

Oh, these guys need to lose funding and see how long people will pay a cable fee to watch them. Having Omar on Easter Sunday. Cheering for a useless piece of skin. Wow, what is happening to our once not bad country.

WTF is our PM doing on anything serious. He goes surfing instead of actually doing something. I gave this putz a chance and a couple of months in it was clear that his elevator didn't go to the top floor. He is a pathetic useless fool. WHo is in charge of the liberals must be wondering how to get rid of this Cancer before the next election. Oh wait no keep him in he is a prince of Dance.

Oh, we're going to go to war with some country over garbage. Is it Trudeau.

Canola is in trouble and dropping acres to only 6.6% less will just keep us with an 8 for a fall 2019 price. Our useless Minister of trade said other countries have said they will take more but guess what boys and girls it's $8.00 a bushel they will take our crop. Wow, the Liberal answer. Also, why isn't the price of all things associated with growing Canola dropping? Seems when there is a refinery fire or something it makes the cost of fuel go up. When there is to much fuel it drops. Well were overfilled and its dropping like a stone.

Pigs at the trough. But our great Canadian Canola council had a report out yesterday how the STupid farmers should apply way more fertilizer to max yields. Who are we maximizing but the parasites?

This PM will win the worst PM in history because of its Lentils, Peas, Durum Canola and Whats next Wheat. A perfect kill from the Liberals and Trudeau. Lets Dance and Put out a New Gay coin. Look at the shiny thing over here don't look there.

Ah were in Deep Shit.

Cash advance and Bin Building help will accomplish two things. One put more in Deep debt and help out Flamans and bin sales.

Nothing more.

Comment

Please, someone, tell me who got money out of Ag Stab ever. I had to pay all ours back for a frost on the first days of August. Yea that was a disaster of sudden shock and nothing. So explain how cash comes to the special few who collect. You don't have to say your handle create one.

Just asking for a friend.

Comment

I feel depressed this spring. All around me the prices for everything are higher and the crops lower and I have such a small land base that its impossible to spread these cost hits over more acres. I think I will be done soon. Got Monette farms up my ass. Maybe I should walk over there and try to talk to the guy driving air drill number 9.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          I feel depressed this spring. All around me the prices for everything are higher and the crops lower and I have such a small land base that its impossible to spread these cost hits over more acres. I think I will be done soon. Got Monette farms up my ass. Maybe I should walk over there and try to talk to the guy driving air drill number 9.
          Don't be depressed.....those guys have to grow a crop.....and a bigger one every time another commodity takes a hit...I am not that fond of working that hard....

Think about a buck a bushel hit on a 50 bpa canola crop on 10000 acres....thats a half million dollar hit...pays a few leases ....now if it goes to 8 bucks thats a little bit of profit...poof gone...

I dont envy the big guys....they made their bed....and they ****ing well better lay in it as well....as long as they pay their debts ....I don't care....but if they are given write downs like the last time.....thats bullshit...

I have watched it happen....it still pisses me off....they bid big for land and ended up paying less than the lowest bidder in the end...

Comment

Go time ...

Comment

Rain and snow whoa time here this morning, Climate Changed again! Hope moisture some put the fires out?Click image for larger version

Name:	029.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	767240 21 st crop for this worthless 5710...
              Last edited by fjlip; Apr 25, 2019, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Please, someone, tell me who got money out of Ag Stab ever. I had to pay all ours back for a frost on the first days of August. Yea that was a disaster of sudden shock and nothing. So explain how cash comes to the special few who collect. You don't have to say your handle create one.

Just asking for a friend.
                No one pm’d me lol

Comment

Wouldnt be surprised he is on here
                  Maybe you just did ask him ?

Comment

8 canola
                    5 hrs
                    6 peas
                    2.5 barley
                    1.90 oats

Ah good times

Comment

Ok one question who north of Saskatoon towards PA and Mel fort gave up 300 quarters and the investors left the building.

Vespa hrs

Comment

Cold and windy here this morning and still the lingering signs of winter with a little snow left in tree lines and a little water still in the water runs. The water has soaked in nice this year and it has been drying up fast.

As for AgriStability I am not involved and never did get anything from them. I have a neighbour who uses MNP and he tells me that they are the only accountants that can get you a payout! Maybe that explains all the new stuff in his yard.

Comment

Just another dry windy day in the neighbourhood.... this one just got going about 1 hr ago .... north of here this time
                          Every bloody year .

Comment

Chin up jazz. Just do you’re thing and don’t worry about the other people. It will just drag you down.

Iceman

Comment

We are not alone...
                              Australian farmers kicked off this year's wheat planting season on Anzac Day in bone-dry soil conditions as a third consecutive year of drought across the country's key growing regions casts a pall over production prospects. In a further blow to Australian farms wilting under the drought, planting season comes even as crop-friendly growing conditions in the northern hemisphere are expected to boost world supplies, keeping a lid on international prices. "Last season was terrible," said Neil Westcott, a grain farmer in Parkes, nearly 360 kilometres west of Sydney. "If we do not get rains soon...a bad crop will cost me my farm that has been in my family for six generations. I will sow but we are in desperate need of rain." The planting season traditionally begins on the Apr. 25 Anzac Day holiday, which commemorates Australians and New Zealanders killed in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations. Farmers have a window of four to six weeks to plant wheat across the country, typically the world's fourth-largest exporter. Wheat is Australia's biggest rural export and overseas sales of the grain were worth an estimated A$5.5 billion ($3.86 billion) last year. But data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology shows nearly the entire country has seen less half the typical rainfall over the last three months. As a result, soil moisture in the key grain-growing states of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia are at historically low levels, according to Refinitiv data. Australian farmers are already postponing buying fertiliser and other products they use to protect their crops as the drought darkens the outlook. Even though Australia's chief commodity forecaster last month said wheat production is expected to jump 38 percent in 2019/20 to 23.9 million tonnes from a year ago - when drought greatly depressed output - analysts are expecting a much lower crop. "We expect a crop of 17-18 million tonnes, looking at the current conditions," said Ole Houe, director of advisory services at brokerage IKON Commodities. "The country's average is 24-25 million tonnes." Meanwhile Australia's traditional customers have already turned to the Black Sea region to secure supplies. Indonesia, the world's second-largest importer which relied on Australia for much of its wheat supplies, has bought a record volumes from Russia and Ukraine. Wheat production in the Black Sea region, Europe and North America is expected to rise for the 2019/20 crop, to be harvested around the middle of this year, likely depressing prices. The most-active wheat contract on the Chicago Board of Trade, which was one of the best-performing commodities contracts in 2018, has already lost almost 13 percent this year. (REUTERS)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.