• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO marijuana for kids!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a former very heavy user (while in high school), he would disagree that it doesn't do any permanent harm.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      I know a former very heavy user (while in high school), he would disagree that it doesn't do any permanent harm.
      I know a guy who thinks the earth is flat. Must be true. He told me. Haha

Comment

Alcohol has killed more people, ruined more families and fried more brains than anything besides legal drugs. The side effects of alcohol and prescription drugs are monstrous. Furthermore, prescription drugs have killed many innocent people. But did ever hear anything like that about Mary Jane?

Why people need anything at all is the question but I did enjoy that tall rum and coke tonight and the cool beer all summer. We are strange and pathetic infidels😄

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Alcohol has killed more people, ruined more families and fried more brains than anything besides legal drugs. The side effects of alcohol and prescription drugs are monstrous. Furthermore, prescription drugs have killed many innocent people. But did ever hear anything like that about Mary Jane?

Why people need anything at all is the question but I did enjoy that tall rum and coke tonight and the cool beer all summer. We are strange and pathetic infidels😄
          Sumdumguy I agree with you. We have a double standard when it comes to substance abuse. But alcohol is much more serious problem than weed. I don't encourage my kids to smoke weed or abuse alcohol. But alcohol abuse is ingrained in our culture more than weed use.

The greatest risk for most of our families, is dying because of a traffic accident. Many of which are caused by alcohol alone and combinations of other drugs, including prescription drugs. Saskatchewan has the worst record in the country.

Addictions are a mental health issue. We have tried to solve addiction problems by treating addicts as criminals, which doesn't work.

A large part of the opioid crisis has been caused by the over prescription of opioids by doctors. Patients become addicted and can't stop, so they resort to street sources which are now extremely dangerous because of fentanyl and carefentanil. This is affecting young and old, rich and poor.

Weed is potentially a trigger for mental disorders in the young brain and is best to be avoided. But it is probably less dangerous and much less addictive that alcohol. Both are now widely available to school aged children.

We should ask ourselves why there are so many people in our society that need to escape reality with alcohol and other substances? And I also enjoy a cold beer, or a glass of wine.

The best thing we can do is educate children and their parents about the risks and implications of all substances and be honest in admitting that we are all responsible in some way.

We also need more treatment beds and addiction programs to treat addicts.

Comment

We haven't been treating them as criminals. Drug dealers get smaller fines than a daily drug deal with a kid in school.
            The lawyers and judges get paid to do a clusterfk job where nothing happens little slap in the wrist but they do it so they make money continual cycle drug dealers laugh and aren't afraid of ever getting caught. Money talks slap huge fines and it would have been a whole different story.

It is a proven scientific fact weed takes away brain growth in young people. Where are you people getting that it doesn't?

Comment

And yes alcohol is a serious problem and it's available everywhere right??

Comment

Not sure where you are getting facts from Big Wheel. The brain damage studies used monkeys and they cut the oxygen off to their brains using a gas mask. Most of the recent studies show the exact opposite brain protection and stimulation. Cannibinoids are also found in mothers milk giving new borns the "munchies". The abuse of any substance is never good even food and water. Alcohol is a much more damaging drug imo. Though in small quantities is ok.

I think many on here could benefit from the occassional puff.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  We haven't been treating them as criminals. Drug dealers get smaller fines than a daily drug deal with a kid in school.
                  The lawyers and judges get paid to do a clusterfk job where nothing happens little slap in the wrist but they do it so they make money continual cycle drug dealers laugh and aren't afraid of ever getting caught. Money talks slap huge fines and it would have been a whole different story.

It is a proven scientific fact weed takes away brain growth in young people. Where are you people getting that it doesn't?
                  We can still criminalize dealers but there is no point in criminalizing addicts or users as it doesn't solve the problem. And in fact can make addictions worse. Where is the scientific evidence that weed stops brain delopment? It may make young users prone to mental illness or further addictions. But alcohol is probably worse in both cases And much more widely available and widely used.

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
                    Haha. I don’t use any drugs, that includes alcohol. It is not proven marijuana leads to other harder drugs that is a myth. What I can agree with you on is trudeau is a total joke and I don’t like him at all.
                    When I was a young fella in the 80s like most young country lads used to drink beer and occasional whiskey but that was it. Used to head to big smoke now and then hour and a half away had friends down there that dabbled in pot.

To the point they used in pot in preference to beer. And nearly all of them progressed to harder stuff.

We were considered country hicks and nerds for our abstinence. City girls loved us country hicks.......

Have a friends whos granddaughter was a pot user. Got offered ice at a party the rest is history.

Casered I could as you say be wrong and there no link just personal experience I guess. If they didn't dabble in pot maybe they would dabble in ice or get in with the wrong crowd.

Yeah yeah I'm old fashioned. Ive told my kids in no uncertain terms my views on drugs

Comment

In the 60's-80's you could have a puff at a party if it was being passed around, no problem man, mild stuff compared to now. Now days you never know if the pot your kid is buying, or the puff she is taking at a party, has been spiked somewhere along the chain of different handlers. Even at the smallest of amounts of crystal or opioid can cause you to be addicted to a particular dealer, wanting "their pot" over others. Easy to move from pot to the hard stuff once you've had a taste. For the vast majority of people, all it takes is one taste of crystal and you'll be a drug addict the rest of your life.(however long that might be.)

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
                        In the 60's-80's you could have a puff at a party if it was being passed around, no problem man, mild stuff compared to now. Now days you never know if the pot your kid is buying, or the puff she is taking at a party, has been spiked somewhere along the chain of different handlers. Even at the smallest of amounts of crystal or opioid can cause you to be addicted to a particular dealer, wanting "their pot" over others. Easy to move from pot to the hard stuff once you've had a taste. For the vast majority of people, all it takes is one taste of crystal and you'll be a drug addict the rest of your life.(however long that might be.)
                        Dealers don’t spike marijuana with more expensive drugs. That is another myth. I’m sure some asshole has done it to someone somewhere but it’s one in a million.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
                          I think you just made an argument in favour of legalization and carefull regulation of the supply. Street drugs are by their nature un regulated and more risky for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            I think you just made an argument in favour of legalization and carefull regulation of the supply. Street drugs are by their nature un regulated and more risky for sure.
                            So how is legalized pot going to guarantee our kids dont take a puff of something they dont know they are smoking. Are the joints going to be stamped made in canada by your local liberal mp. This is really bad imo. Just making parenting a whole lot more difficult when our federal government is saying its all good. Just by our stuff man.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
                              So how is legalized pot going to guarantee our kids dont take a puff of something they dont know they are smoking. Are the joints going to be stamped made in canada by your local liberal mp. This is really bad imo. Just making parenting a whole lot more difficult when our federal government is saying its all good. Just by our stuff man.
                              There are no guarantees with either system. But the aim is to put the black market out of business. If that happens then the supply will be tested and regulated vs untested and who knows what. Kids already have easy access now. So just like underage alcohol use a lot is up to parents to monitor and control their kids. After 18 it is too late anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                There are no guarantees with either system. But the aim is to put the black market out of business. If that happens then the supply will be tested and regulated vs untested and who knows what. Kids already have easy access now. So just like underage alcohol use a lot is up to parents to monitor and control their kids. After 18 it is too late anyway.
                                I'm not that bright chuck so you will have to have patience with me. If legalizing pot will kill the black market why not make all illegal drugs legal. Isnt it like anything else thats for sale. Make it better or cheaper or both. Boom. We are in business again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.