• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Useless Canadian Grain companies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would prices be if we all had a crop like SF3???? The last thing on most minds of farmers is stepping out and buying a full line of machinery. Traders and grain companies are out to get us like the government.
    It’s a sad situation when local bids are close to a buck difference from a terminal 165 miles away.
    Just shows how much they are scalping from us.
    They’ve always been crooks, but seems like this yr is they really want to take us to the cleaners.

Comment

Sample from the same small bucket of CWRS for protien. CGC: 14.0, Local Viterra: 14.1, Pioneer 13.7. So they are testing relatively close in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        Where would prices be if we all had a crop like SF3???? The last thing on most minds of farmers is stepping out and buying a full line of machinery. Traders and grain companies are out to get us like the government.
        It’s a sad situation when local bids are close to a buck difference from a terminal 165 miles away.
        Just shows how much they are scalping from us.
        They’ve always been crooks, but seems like this yr is they really want to take us to the cleaners.
        Trust me Bigzee...I hate making excuses for them but some of them may not have any orders/sales. They have to discourage sellers wanting to deliver somehow. Or do they want it?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Trust me Bigzee...I hate making excuses for them but some of them may not have any orders/sales. They have to discourage sellers wanting to deliver somehow. Or do they want it?
          That may be true, but when they put the words “special limited tonnage”, there’s something going on. They are out trying to see if we are desperate enough to bite for the extra .25

Comment

Changing protein premiums and discounts is nothing new. Have you looked what it is on the upside?

Lowest i've heard is $0.05/tenth or $0.50 per full point. Highest is $0.07/tenth so $0.70 per full point.

Don't hear anyone talking about that.

Reason the higher discounts than premiums is the risk of loading a boat with lower than sale spec protein. It's not a discount, they have to take all the grain off the boat and reblend it. That's not exactly cheap to do.

If you do have lower end protein if you can work a deal were you avoid the discounts for as much as possible would be the best bet right now.

Losing a $0.05 premium is a lot better than taking a $0.07 discount.

High pro wheat is your biggest bargaining chip right now.

Discounts to a 12-5 protein is not $2/bu. Worst i've heard is $0.80/bu.

As for those that think protein machines are inaccurate feel free to file a grain grade dispute with the CGC. It's one of the things that protects farmers everyone here seems to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
              Sample from the same small bucket of CWRS for protien. CGC: 14.0, Local Viterra: 14.1, Pioneer 13.7. So they are testing relatively close in this area.
              Pioneer always lower protien than viterra here..
              Same exact sample from rp machine to viterra.
              This yr it matters.

Comment

Kinger you work for a Grain company?

Yea it’s 80 cents your right basically a dollar a bushel my last years 16.5 they paid sweet f$& k all

Comment

What is spread between 14 and 13.7?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Funny thing you bring up the how to pay for it.

Talked to a few bankers recently and some lease companies.

it seems most BTO have zero equity in their iron and like housing if the shit hits the fan it all crashes like the titanic.

Just saying\
                    I believe that has been the case for awhile or at least since the MUD deals have really got going.
                    Guys figure on the short term $ per acre cost and it's been working so far. Not exactly my cup of tea but each to their own.

Bull markets don't last forever. Look no further than the mining industry in the last 15 years.

Yes farma, farmland doesn't seem that expensive if you add up what's in your shed after you are done playing shed Tetris

Iceman Out

Comment

Nope, I just make sure to get all the information on any offers on my grain that i get and like to talk to grain industry guys too see what they know. I've found it helps put a bit more understanding into how they do things. Lets me play the game better.

I also read a lot.

Protein demand varies year to year. Same with grade, fusarium levels, ergot, etc. Our grain goes to some pretty picky end users. Think everyone knows one person who likes to post on facebook about how bad farmers are for using roundup and pushing bush.

Next year we could see a premium for low protein #3 Spring wheat with high vomi. Who knows this year they are discounting low protein but paying up really good for high protein.

Hindsight being 20/20 should have kept all the 14 pro wheat from last year and made some deals with it but hey you can't win every time.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        Kinger you work for a Grain company?

Yea it’s 80 cents your right basically a dollar a bushel my last years 16.5 they paid sweet f$& k all
                        Holy shitballs Kinger! How dare you post a reply that shows you bothered to educate yourself! This site is for pissers and moaners!

Really SF3? Just because someone posts an educated reply that doesn't involve whining and complaining about getting ****ed, you say they work for a grain company.
                        I said before and I'll say it again: YOU are the reason you have a hard time wherever you deal, not because anyone is out to **** you over. They probably just want you to **** off!

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                          Holy shitballs Kinger! How dare you post a reply that shows you bothered to educate yourself! This site is for pissers and moaners!

Really SF3? Just because someone posts an educated reply that doesn't involve whining and complaining about getting ****ed, you say they work for a grain company.
                          I said before and I'll say it again: YOU are the reason you have a hard time wherever you deal, not because anyone is out to **** you over. They probably just want you to **** off!
                          LOL....I know what that tongue lashing feels like.

In reality farmers have the gold....some might even realize it but in today's world "stuff" trumps a staple of life....food.

Admins thread about the amount of the Earth's surface that is arable is sobering. Farmers have a lot of dependents.

Cell phones trump food.

Comment

pioneer is always .3-.4 lower here , ALWAYS

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                              Changing protein premiums and discounts is nothing new. Have you looked what it is on the upside?

Lowest i've heard is $0.05/tenth or $0.50 per full point. Highest is $0.07/tenth so $0.70 per full point.

Don't hear anyone talking about that.

Reason the higher discounts than premiums is the risk of loading a boat with lower than sale spec protein. It's not a discount, they have to take all the grain off the boat and reblend it. That's not exactly cheap to do.

If you do have lower end protein if you can work a deal were you avoid the discounts for as much as possible would be the best bet right now.

Losing a $0.05 premium is a lot better than taking a $0.07 discount.

High pro wheat is your biggest bargaining chip right now.

Discounts to a 12-5 protein is not $2/bu. Worst i've heard is $0.80/bu.

As for those that think protein machines are inaccurate feel free to file a grain grade dispute with the CGC. It's one of the things that protects farmers everyone here seems to forget.
                              read my post , I said they were offering $.80 cents a point . I was talking about it

Comment

Dlyn you have no clue about me do you. I probably get better deals than most because they don’t f&$k around either come with a good one or don’t bother.

Yea I like to bitch but as farmers sitting on our hands works so good. We created billionaire Grain companies and most are family owned. Name a billionaire farmer out their.

Just saying
                                Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Nov 1, 2017, 12:35.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.