• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me what happens when....???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me what happens when....???

The first moisture was April 27 with a small snow event...

Seeded into drying ground all of may....

And the rain came On June 19 ...50 some days after the snow event with a few 30 plus days during that period...

The last rain was on June 27 around here...and it doesn't look like there is any rain in the 10 day forecast...

So that would be 25 days without more moisture ...the crops that are headed out are blueing....

The later crops that look better have used up the June rains....

How does this end????

Wondering the same thing.
    3.5 inches of what I would call beneficial rains spread over 9 events.
    Some fields where there is good growth are very dry. Others still have some reserve.

My take on our prospects: Wheat and Barley will hang on and make a poor to fair crop. Good chance both will be feed because they are too uneven.

Canola has gone through most of the moisture that fell just to get where it is now. Flowering under way on the stuff that came up when seeded. The rest that emerged late(maybe 20-30 percent, some in patches and some interspersed) is functioning as a weed. No good rains in the next 10 days = 15-30 bpa for our fields

Comment

I hate to be the barer of bad news but it doesn’t end well. My experience with “88”is the crop had good germination but then the over plus 30 degree days with wind for weeks and only a 1/2” rain June 23rd. The best wheat and barley were around 15b/Ac. The crop was a ft.tall and you would have to quit combining at dark because you would not see a 50’ double swath. Sorry but this is the result.

Comment

Has to be a bumper other wise why haven’t the markets moved?

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
          I hate to be the barer of bad news but it doesn’t end well. My experience with “88”is the crop had good germination but then the over plus 30 degree days with wind for weeks and only a 1/2” rain June 23rd. The best wheat and barley were around 15b/Ac. The crop was a ft.tall and you would have to quit combining at dark because you would not see a 50’ double swath. Sorry but this is the result.
          Wish there was a “dislike” feature that’s what the above comment would get.
          I remember 88, and yes it was ugly.
          We are fortunate to be in better shape, had an inch last Sunday, was thinking we didn’t need anymore for a while but now with the warmer days ahead it was a blessing.
          We are 6.5- 7 inches in the last month.

Comment

We have enough moisture to make , question is if we have enough time. There was heavy fog last night and this morning and temps were fairly warm. Isnt there some old wives tale about fog and first frost, like 6-8 weeks later?
            Last edited by jazz; Jul 13, 2019, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              We have enough moisture to make , question is if we have enough time. There was heavy fog last night and this morning nut temps were fairly warm. Isnt there some old wives tale about fog and first frost, like 6-8 weeks later?
              Hope thats not the case but the fog was so heavy my house windows fogged over.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                We have enough moisture to make , question is if we have enough time. There was heavy fog last night and this morning and temps were fairly warm. Isnt there some old wives tale about fog and first frost, like 6-8 weeks later?
                Full moon Aug 15, then Sept 13...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                  And Drew is saying there will not be an extended growing season. You just know it because of all the cool nights we have had and few hot days.

Comment

Sooooooo....agristability will kick in????? Bang.... thump !!!!!

Don't worry I'm OK,,,,fell off my chair laughing...

Comment

You can see in the April seeded wheat on the south side of the valley has yellow or lighter areas. Moisture stress on good dirt. They have been missing most showers.

I personally think we need a drink soon as crop will slip backwards fast. Heat needed to push it along.

Face it it’s a shit show year what you get is what you get.

Ag stab works

Hahahahhahhahahahah

Yea I wrote two checks for the farm for over 220000 after the frost years back to them.

It works so great. Puke gag

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                        Sept 15 will be ok here
                        Aug 15 will see farmers jumping off bridges here

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Ag stab works

Hahahahhahhahahahah

Yea I wrote two checks for the farm for over 220000 after the frost years back to them.

It works so great. Puke gag
                          The best assessment of Ag$tab I ever heard was on this site...

Someone called it an "audit" program. Yup pretty much what it is. And a hell of a way for Gov to monitor participating farm's financial needs and health.

SF, first of all why did you drop the "3"? And secondly, after the frost year, your crops and/or margins(from selling the grain) must have been better than what you included on your report.

With all the accrual accounting tracking I can see how they could ask for money back. I had to repay some from the 04 frost event too.

In a way its nothing more than a forensic financial audit.

Comment

It was intended to top you up in bad years. I don’t know how else they can do that without prior prod’n and financials to create prior year margin to compare to. ( Just trying to be fair). And I can’t speak to anything after 2011 when it went to Melville as I have not been involved since then.

Comment

Can't disagree with your "assessment" sumdumguy....unless you re-assessed my 04 claim. Lol 😁

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...