• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNA finally finished for good?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iceman View Post
    This will more then likely to be a continuing theme over the next few years.

Us farmers need to be very careful in this environment on how much risk we put out there. I would caution against large grain sales as a percentage of total production to companies and any amount of prepaid inputs with independents. Many of them and selling off assets or bring in partners. IMO don’t listen to the spin in the press releases, these are all signs of credit shrinking.

Iceman
    Unfortunately I think you are very correct.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Companies use memberships to try to commit customers to doing business with them
      You paid the membership so feel you need to use it.
      Costco makes me laugh, people really think they're somebody if they have a membership there.
      Selection kinda sucks and packaging is way over done with today's environmentally conscience shopper.
      And I really don't think they have the best deals in town, but I will give them this....they generally handle quality products.
      Ya I have a "membership". Imagine the outrage if Wal-Mart required a membership to shop there.

FNA didn't handle most of the stuff I liked to use. And getting the stuff wasn't convenient.

What has Federated Co-op become? A dictating bloated bureaucracy with high prices that gives you back a bit of your own money from overcharging in the first place. They should be able to crush local competition but collusion is the word that best describes the retail fuel Industry.

What happened to the Prairie Pools and UGG?

Do Co-operatives and buying groups lose sight of the very people they were created to serve?
      As soon as there are a board of directors and a ceo it’s all about a pay out. It’s about time to start a few coops. Fuel has way too much taxes on it

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
        This will more then likely to be a continuing theme over the next few years.

Us farmers need to be very careful in this environment on how much risk we put out there. I would caution against large grain sales as a percentage of total production to companies and any amount of prepaid inputs with independents. Many of them and selling off assets or bring in partners. IMO don’t listen to the spin in the press releases, these are all signs of credit shrinking.

Iceman
        Got a text this a.m. about a GrainCo/InputCo asking if you want to transfer the account balance to FCC and extend the terms of payment to March 2020. Is that an "interest" free option....lol?

Comment

So, I guess this means I won't be getting my promised compensation for the extremely late delivery of chemical from them this spring?

Speaking of risk, sold a few cattle at local auction this summer, cheque took uncomfortably long to arrive in the mail. Possibly just delays in the office or staff on holidays, but makes one consider how much risk it is to send all the calves to a single sale...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            So, I guess this means I won't be getting my promised compensation for the extremely late delivery of chemical from them this spring?

Speaking of risk, sold a few cattle at local auction this summer, cheque took uncomfortably long to arrive in the mail. Possibly just delays in the office or staff on holidays, but makes one consider how much risk it is to send all the calves to a single sale...
            .......theft and fraud!

From what I remember auction marts provide an intermediary service between you and the real buyer. I guess there are cases were the auction mart can be the owner but.....

Too easy to walk away from financial commitments and obligations these days.

Comment

Got a text this a.m. about a GrainCo/InputCo asking if you want to transfer the account balance to FCC and extend the terms of payment to March 2020. Is that an "interest" free option....lol?
              How much of shitkicking is FCC going to take on the ILTA file????

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

A lot of people got burned with that in the old country - usually a dealer (order buyer here) going belly up causes it. I always pick my cheque up on sale day and pay it into the bank immediately, not that this guarantees anything as I've had cheques bounce a week after it was paid into my account at the bank. Makes me feel I've done as much as I can though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                  As soon as there are a board of directors and a ceo it’s all about a pay out. It’s about time to start a few coops. Fuel has way too much taxes on it
                  Speaking of coop I see Calgary coop told federated to take their groceries and shove en up their ass. Gonna deal with their own suppliers. Something about paying too much. Don’t think our dividend cheque will be too good this year.

Comment

Yes I get the impression federated
                    Is kinda bloated.
                    Mostly in the grocery end .
                    With what we pay locally. There is no way in hell that every box of cereal is 2 $ more.
                    I think federated sticks it to the small town Coops .
                    To subsidize the city ones . Where
                    There is real competition.

Other times . Paint roller set
                    3$ more at Canadian tire.
                    Or a baseboard 12$ local coop
                    15.50 home depot.
                    Cam locks at coop 10$ more a piece ;than same brand at JD.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      Speaking of coop I see Calgary coop told federated to take their groceries and shove en up their ass. Gonna deal with their own suppliers. Something about paying too much. Don’t think our dividend cheque will be too good this year.
                      F$&k its about time someone did that
                      Coops created a monster

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        How much of shitkicking is FCC going to take on the ILTA file????
                        I thought FCC and HSBC would be the first to be paid?

Comment

https://www.producer.com/2016/03/court-rejects-appeal-on-glyophosate-sale-tax-issue/

Nothing like an offshore tax shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                            https://www.producer.com/2016/03/court-rejects-appeal-on-glyophosate-sale-tax-issue/

Nothing like an offshore tax shelter.
                            This is crazy stuff and why I argued at Pulse Canada to open up the OUI program.

FNA sold memberships to farmers to supply lowest cost products/glyphosate for it's members. But instead they tied up the total supply and gouged the shit out of their "members". So much they had to set up off shore accounts to avoid the windfall of cash. They sold themselves as a broker and acted as a principle. This is 12 years ago and people support these crooks still??? What would they have done if they actually built a fert plant instead of just sold investment to plan to build it. I think planning to build it was their only revenue plan. How can anyone say they have changed input pricing when the reality is they lead a bunch of sheeps to slaughter. Again, crazy stuff.

Comment

Would have glyphosate dropped as soon if it wasn't for FNA's efforts?
                              It probably would have "sooner or later"....but when.

Maybe we need less domestic collusion and more International, read USA, competition.
                              Funny how products that do almost the same thing are priced the same.
                              Some stuff is just too much money m
                              What is Avadex and Edge worth in the US?

Comment

Would have glyphosate dropped as soon if it wasn't for FNA's efforts?
                                Eff'n Eh were late to that party. Ken Goudy's Focus on Inputs and independent dealers selling Cheminova Glyfos is what drove the glyphosate price down. Eff'n Eh came close to forcing PMRA to cancel the OUI program because of the way they scammed the process. As it turns out they were pocketing millions in offshore accounts at the same time. I expect there's a lot more we don't know about.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.